FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just started Better Call Saul. 2 eps in. Not sold yet.

I perhaps should have had a break after watching all 5 seasons of Breaking bad. That s**t was insane towards the end.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I got half-way through S1 of The man In The High Castle and abandoned it. I think, cos I knew there were three or four seasons, or whatever, you knew the main characters weren't going to get shot by the Gestapo or whatever. Even at that stage it looked a bit baggy. Perhaps I just didn't care enough about the characters.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Just finished the mini series "Thirteen" starring Killing Eve's Jodie Comer. Very confronting series. She is absolutely brilliant.

I have watched it now and found it an awful show. Comer can clearly act but her character must be one of the most annoying in screen history. Natasha Little plays the same annoying mum as she did in War of the Worlds. Then you have the weak husband who leaves his beautiful girlfriend who is half his age. The pantywaist boyfriend of the sister. I finished it because I wanted to know what happened but I had it on fast forward from the middle of ep 2. The last ep was ridiculous.
As if the police would allow a recently released kidnap victim of 13 years to act as bait. Then they lose her in the shopping centre and also are outrun by a transit van. The car that is hit by the van clearly ends up on its roof but in the next shot its on its side.

I have watched it now and found it an awful show. Comer can clearly act but her character must be one of the most annoying in screen history. Natasha Little plays the same annoying mum as she did in War of the Worlds. Then you have the weak husband who leaves his beautiful girlfriend who is half his age. The pantywaist boyfriend of the sister. I finished it because I wanted to know what happened but I had it on fast forward from the middle of ep 2. The last ep was ridiculous.
As if the police would allow a recently released kidnap victim of 13 years to act as bait. Then they lose her in the shopping centre and also are outrun by a transit van. The car that is hit by the van clearly ends up on its roof but in the next shot its on its side.
Eh. I enjoyed it. Though I can understand your criticism as well.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
I got half-way through S1 of The man In The High Castle and abandoned it. I think, cos I knew there were three or four seasons, or whatever, you knew the main characters weren't going to get shot by the Gestapo or whatever. Even at that stage it looked a bit baggy. Perhaps I just didn't care enough about the characters.

i got half way through S1 and stopped watching for a while, watched another episode, put it off for about a year then started watching again, then basically binged watched through s2 and s3, really enjoyed it , havent got round to watching s4 yet

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Daybreak

Poster_for_Netflix_series_Daybreak.png

Loved it. Familiar but different. Disgrace it was cancelled just a month after a late October release. Season 2 looked like it was going in interesting places.

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Recently finished season 5 of Alone(first season I've watched).

The whole premise of the show, plus the contestants, who were all interesting and engaging, had me enthralled from start to finish. A brilliant show. Highly recommended.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Found 24 on Prime so binged watched the first season in a day and half, can't believe its been nearly 20 years since it aired, was absolutely must see TV every week

But its good to watch old shows and pick up on little things that make so much more sense when you know the twists that are coming.

Back