FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't get into Better Call Saul. 3 eps in and it's doing nothing for me.

Does it get better? Should I stick with it?

Best show on TV. Probably worth watching Breaking Bad first (if you haven't already) as they share a universe.

The Plot Against America
this is some high quality television. well written, well acted and well executed.
I struggled with the John Turturro character for a while but only because my tiny little mind can't comprehend a jew with a southern drawl and that made everything about him unbelievable. i know they explain his family history but for me it still would not compute (this says more about me than anything to do with the show). by the 5th episode I was over it and fully invested in the character.
it's easily one the of the best shows i've seen in a long while. i watch a lot of tv and most of it i've forgotten by the time i start the next show...this i will remember.

next on my watch list is Happy Happy Joy Joy: The Ren and Stimpy Story

i got half way through S1 and stopped watching for a while, watched another episode, put it off for about a year then started watching again, then basically binged watched through s2 and s3, really enjoyed it , havent got round to watching s4 yet
Man in High castle definitely got better and made some very brave plot moves. From towards the end of season 1 onwards it was good.

I'm watching the Perry Mason origin story thing at the moment, it took a bit to get going but I'm really enjoying it, despite knowing nothing about the books or the old TV show. Still got a couple of eps to go, am taking my time with it. The cast is top notch: Matthew Rhys, Shea Wigham, Tatiana Maslany, John Lithgow and Stephen Root just to name a few.

I will be Gone in the Dark.
Done three episodes. Slow and methodical but I think it going to be worth the wait to get the full appreciation of what this doco is about and where it leads to in the present.

I'm watching the Perry Mason origin story thing at the moment, it took a bit to get going but I'm really enjoying it, despite knowing nothing about the books or the old TV show. Still got a couple of eps to go, am taking my time with it. The cast is top notch: Matthew Rhys, Shea Wigham, Tatiana Maslany, John Lithgow and Stephen Root just to name a few.

If this is supposed to be the origins of the famous Perry Mason, then Rhys must have found a razor, a bar of soap, and a decent tailor. I just can't reconcile the original series with this latest version. It really is hard work watching it. The story is all over the joint and I can't dig the evangelicals (they remind me of Scott Morrison). No doubt the production is great and it has captured all things noir very well. The soundtrack much reminds me much of what was used in Bosch.
So far, Rhys has taken a dump all over his brilliant The Americans character. To keep it on the judicial track, for me the jury is out.

Utopia - The UK 2013/14 series about a group that uncovers this global conspiracy predicted in a graphic novel. Always meant to get around to it, never did, but s**t holds up real well. The ontrast of the colourful visual palette with the ultraviolence is actually a bit of a shock, but the storytelling is gripping and the cast is great. And despite being 7 years old, is quite contemporary... Makes you wonder if Covid is actually [redacted] and that a vaccine would actually [redacted]*

Also have watched it just before Amazon releases an American remake of it ... which looks kinda meh but will give it a crack (Gillian Flynn is the showrunner), and a new miniseries by the creator of the original (Dennis Kelly), called The Third Day with Jude Law and Naomie Harris that looks hella interesting.

I May Destroy You - Amongst the best things I've seen this year. Michaela Coel is a singular force who created, wrote, co-directed and stars in this series about a young woman that is raped in a club with hazy memories of how it happened (based on a real-life experience). It deals with what happens in the aftermath but it's not really an investigative show. More that it follows her journey as she processes what's happened her in the months, year following it and it's pretty messy and complicated, and she's not always a sympathetic character but it's outstanding tv. The finale is just jaw-droppingly brilliant.

*this was a joke

Utopia - The UK 2013/14 series about a group that uncovers this global conspiracy predicted in a graphic novel. Always meant to get around to it, never did, but sh*t holds up real well. The ontrast of the colourful visual palette with the ultraviolence is actually a bit of a shock, but the storytelling is gripping and the cast is great. And despite being 7 years old, is quite contemporary... Makes you wonder if Covid is actually [redacted] and that a vaccine would actually [redacted]*

Also have watched it just before Amazon releases an American remake of it ... which looks kinda meh but will give it a crack (Gillian Flynn is the showrunner), and a new miniseries by the creator of the original (Dennis Kelly), called The Third Day with Jude Law and Naomie Harris that looks hella interesting.

Did you watch season 2? What did you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you watch season 2? What did you think?

Yeah, maybe a slight step below S1 but not by much. More bummed that it got cancelled cause the ending doesn't really work as a series finale. Could see later seasons getting more into the weeds with the Network stuff so in someways a good thing it doesn't get bogged down by average seasons.

Utopia - The UK 2013/14 series about a group that uncovers this global conspiracy predicted in a graphic novel. Always meant to get around to it, never did, but sh*t holds up real well. The ontrast of the colourful visual palette with the ultraviolence is actually a bit of a shock, but the storytelling is gripping and the cast is great. And despite being 7 years old, is quite contemporary... Makes you wonder if Covid is actually [redacted] and that a vaccine would actually [redacted]*

That's disappointing to hear.

When I'd last read about the plans for the US version it was with HBO and David Fincher was set to direct at that stage...This Amazon adaptation seems quite a step down from that.

Devs - single season series on foxtel written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation).

I'm a big Garland fan and really enjoyed this.

Modern Family: this is my current 20 minute time killer while eating lunch or maybe just before bed.

Better Call Saul: started episode 1 this week, this is my binge series over the next month or so.

Wentworth: unfortunately it's week to week now that I've caught up with the series on TV.

i'm watching a HBO documentary series called The Vow.
it's about an MLM company/cult called NXIVM. if this is the kind of stuff that intrigues you then it's definitely worth a look.

i'm always amazed at how people get sucked into these things. even at a quick glance everything about it screams scam to me.
...but i suppose if you look at the popular accepted religions there really isn't a great deal of difference and those things have been thriving for centuries.

as the great J.R. "Bob" Dobbs said "You'll pay to know what you really think"

Noticed Blue Murder (1995) was on Amazon Prime in between watching The Boys season 2 so I gave it a watch as i've heard great things but never got around to watching it. It's definitely one of the finest things Australian TV has ever done that's for sure. All time classic. Had a great time with it. Great acting!

Blue murder is very good.
Great aussie TV.

Just finished watching Witch Hunt (Norwegian - Heksejakt) on SBS on Demand 8 episodes, Stars Ingrid Bolso Berdal (played Armistice from Westworld) She plays a CFO of a law firm and she‘s asked to a sign bill for a company she never heard of, she realises something dodgy might be going on. Excellent series

Remove this Banner Ad

Back