FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

I've been waiting about a year for this to finally come out, been following it since was announced, because Ted Danson.

As for the 30 Rock comment, it was originally written for Alec Bladwin and the character of Jack Donaghy in NYC, before Danson was later cast in the titler role and the production moving to LA as they is where everyone lived.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Just finished Long Way Up - Ewan McGregor and his mate Charley Boorman riding electric bikes through South and Central America (Ushuaia, Argentina to Los Angeles). Follows on from Long Way Round (London to New York) and Long Way Down (John 'o Groats, Scotland to Cape Town).

Would love to hear what others thought. Enjoyed it, but for me, the other two were much better, with the need to charge the electric bikes all the time severely impacting on the nature of the adventure in Long Way Up.

Bit late to the party but just finished Series 1 of Crashing. Loved it. Brilliant writing and acting. Love Artie Lange. Looking forward to binging the next 2 seasons.
I loved this show.
Was really disappointed it was cancelled after 3 seasons.

Wow, I literally came to this thread to post the same thing. I started Season 1 a few days back and thought I'd search for a specific thread on the series. Alas, there wasn't one.

I've also only watched the 1st season thus far... I wouldn't say it's perfect or even hilarious, but it's a really solid series that doesn't seem to get much love. And at 8x 30 minute episodes, I think it's about the right duration for a season.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The Stand is very very good, with a top shelf cast.

It's a bit different to the original mini series with Rob Lowe (which I also really liked), but that is a good thing. It's a bit non linear as well, but it's Show that will demand re-watchings cause there is so much stuff going on in every episode that you probably missed first time around.
American Gods season 3 has just dropped too, Amazon Prime really got the goods at the moment.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah, its silly fun, but not something I'd necessarily recommend. I have no idea what the 2nd season will be about
It was too much. Stupid decisions constantly and she was a drunk. The flashbacks and all that stuff was tiring IMO.

I wouldn't watch S2.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nearing the end of Peter Capaldi's era of Doctor Who. I like him as the Doctor but didn't enjoy many of his episodes. Couldn't quite get over having one of the blokes off Little Britain as a companion either.

Apparently Lee Mack and the bloke from The Chase UK are part of the cast in Whittaker's era so I have something to look forward to... maybe. Might take me a while to get around to it.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nearing the end of Peter Capaldi's era of Doctor Who. I like him as the Doctor but didn't enjoy many of his episodes. Couldn't quite get over having one of the blokes off Little Britain as a companion either.

Apparently Lee Mack and the bloke from The Chase UK are part of the cast in Whittaker's era so I have something to look forward to... maybe. Might take me a while to get around to it.
Finished Whittaker's two series so far, gonna keep the New Year's special for later. Whittaker is good as the character but I didn't have many memorable moments while watching the episodes. Guess that could be considered a win.

Gonna bounce between Avatar, Owl House and Sopranos (surprise drama) for now.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Watched the first couple of episodes of "The Serpent" - a BBC miniseries about Charles Sobhraj, a serial killer who robbed and killed a number hippies in Thailand, Nepal and India in the 70s. It stars Jenna Coleman as his girlfriend, and is largely told from her perspective.

So far, it looks great but the purpose of the show is fairly lacking. There's no mystery to who is doing the killing, and no apparent digging into why he did it or why his girlfriend enabled/assisted in it either. And to top it off, the show appears to love to jump around in time, and to make it all the more confusing only signifies the times by "2 months earlier", "4 months later" etc without making it clear what earlier and later are relative to.

I'm not sure whether its going to be worth persisting with, even if its only another 6 episodes

The Serpent is worth watching to the end. It gets into Sobhraj's back story and how his girlfriend gets sucked into the crimes. But it also becomes as much about the Dutch Embassy guy, Herman Knippenberg, and his obsession with bringing Sobhraj to justice. Agree that the time jumping gets a bit much.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Quantum Leap came on Ch 99 on Monday night. I think it's on five nights a week. Grouse! I've never seen it. For some reason, they've started at season 5.
Hmmm, so far, I'm not enjoying it as much as I expected i would

Last edited:

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Quantum Leap came on Ch 99 on Monday night. I think it's on five nights a week. Grouse! I've never seen it. For some reason, they've started at season 5. Hmmm, so far, I'm not enjoying it as much as I expected i would
Isn't it on the 9app? Might be best to start at the beginning

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Quantum Leap came on Ch 99 on Monday night. I think it's on five nights a week. Grouse! I've never seen it. For some reason, they've started at season 5.
Hmmm, so far, I'm not enjoying it as much as I expected i would

ive been rewatching over the past week,one of my favourite shows when it first came out

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
ive been rewatching over the past week,one of my favourite shows when it first came out
Did you see Jennifer Aniston the other night? It was one of her early roles, obviously

e1619af838a42f9f1ba46a4c205ab2d9.png

Back