FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Little Lies, Season 2.

Damn the acting is so good in this series, from everyone.

Storylines seemed a tad thin tho, and focused way too much on Kidman and Streep's characters. It seemed like the other ones (especially Jane) were just along for the ride. A couple of the court scenes were ridiculous- and i HATE it when as a viewer, you hear the same dialogue over and over.

Regardless, its a pretty amazing series, with a great soundtrack.

8/10

Will Forte show, last man on Earth or whatever. Better than the recent adaptation of the Stand.
The Stand is my favourite book and I just cannot understand how the managed to make such a terrible adaptation. Would love to know who made the decision to start in Boulder and leave out the first half of the novel which is the best thing SK has ever written. Beyond disappointing.

The Stand is my favourite book and I just cannot understand how the managed to make such a terrible adaptation. Would love to know who made the decision to start in Boulder and leave out the first half of the novel which is the best thing SK has ever written. Beyond disappointing.
Both TV adaptations of the Stand left me cold, much like you, enjoyed the book. The Amazon series really miscast most leads (outside of Flagg and Stu Redmond, it was an utter mess).

Both TV adaptations of the Stand left me cold, much like you, enjoyed the book. The Amazon series really miscast most leads (outside of Flagg and Stu Redmond, it was an utter mess).
Yes I disliked the earlier version because of the dodgy special effects and Molly Ringwald! But at least they spent some time establishing the characters and their motivations. And don't get me started on what they did to Nick's story.

Pawnography.

Chum Lee deserves all the s**t he gets after watching these tbh. All he does is stand there, get every question wrong coz he's dumb as s**t, claim credit for when Corey answers something right and generally just run his mouth the whole episode when he has no right to, coz he's obviously a fetal alcohol syndrome baby.

I really just want to see him get decked at this point

Anyone seen Inside Number 9? I'm through 2.5 seasons so far and it's a brilliant anthology series. Similar to Black Mirror without the technology focus and more horror (not normally a fan either). Most episodes have a twist ending and turn pretty dark but there's plenty of comedy sprinkled in. Surprised so much plot can be put into 30mins. Highly recommend. Best episodes I've seen are Riddle of the Sphinx, 12 Days of Christine and Cold Comfort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC a couple of people were discussing Superstore recently.

The series finale is absolutely brilliant. Apparently the original showrunner came back to write the episode, which makes sense given how much it reminds me of the really good early episodes. I loved a lot of the little tidbits to explain long running jokes in the show (i.e. the severed feet, why Dina hates Glenn etc)

The Bureau on SBS On Demand. Gripping, 2 seasons in and loving it..

Highly recommend Back to Life as well, really dark but hysterical.

Looking for a thread dedicated to this gem.

Read this thought of this now it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

ive been thinking of watching that, just finishing up NYPD Blue so might be next
Thanks for the heads up

Absolute top 10 tv for me
Its growing on me I'm on season 3 atm. Its amazing how many actors i see that went on to different degrees of success though kind of amazing tbh.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back