FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Son of Sam

Really interesting for all those fascinated by criminal investigations.

Firstly: it highlights my pet hate with law enforcement. What I hate the most is the want and need for DAs to have the easy conviction on their record at the expense of actually getting to the truth. Its not the fact they convicted David Berkowitz it's the fact they just closed the case in the face of overwhelming evidence he didn't act alone.

Secondly: the series is riveting viewing. Couldn't stop watching it.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
What platform is it on? Sounds like something I'd enjoy.

Finished Penny Dreadful. A show about a witch (Eva Green no less), a werewolf, Frankenstein and his monster, Dorian Grey and James Bond err.. an explorer. A mix of trashy horror and prestige drama. Superb acting but sometimes plodding pacing. Third season the weakest but the fourth episode arguably the best of any show. So many contradictions but its uniqueness made it worth it.
Watched the first episode of Ted Lasso about an American NCAA coach hired to a struggling Premier League team. Another weird combination, this time of cringe and endearing. Will persist but unconvinced.
Will watch either the last season of either Line of Duty or Attack on Titan next.

Time After Time (2017)

The premise is fairly silly - the author H.G. Wells actually invents a time machine and his friend, who turns out to be Jack The Ripper, uses it to evade capture from the police and they both end up in modern day New York. But it works, as the casting is perfect - Freddie Stroma as HG, Josh Bowman as Jack, Genesis Rodriguez as a museum curator/love interest. There's genuine chemistry between the three of them and there's fun moments as HG from 1893 discovers the strange features of the 21st century.

Then around ep 6 the writers and directors must have found a stash of crack and it all turned to s**t. The plot went to Walking Dead levels of bad. Characters changed allegiances between episodes. The time machine was disappeared to another time then was inexplicably back in the same scene. It ended up a complete mess but look out for those actors in other material as they did their best.

Time After Time (2017)

The premise is fairly silly - the author H.G. Wells actually invents a time machine and his friend, who turns out to be Jack The Ripper, uses it to evade capture from the police and they both end up in modern day New York. But it works, as the casting is perfect - Freddie Stroma as HG, Josh Bowman as Jack, Genesis Rodriguez as a museum curator/love interest. There's genuine chemistry between the three of them and there's fun moments as HG from 1893 discovers the strange features of the 21st century.

Then around ep 6 the writers and directors must have found a stash of crack and it all turned to sh*t. The plot went to Walking Dead levels of bad. Characters changed allegiances between episodes. The time machine was disappeared to another time then was inexplicably back in the same scene. It ended up a complete mess but look out for those actors in other material as they did their best.

Hadn't heard of the show but that's a remake of a pretty fun 1970s film with Malcolm McDowell and Mary Steenburgen. A shame the show's no good but the movie gets a recommendation!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started Jupiter's Legacy last night. Decent first episode. Didn't hook me but I can see myself giving it a fair go.
I'm through the first few. Not loving it so far, the old guy just seems like a knock off Superman.

For All Mankind - Started watching solely because heard people raving about the season 2 finale. Really enjoyed S1, but actually thought S2 was a bit of stepdown. There's a lot of melodrama in the show, and the season really emphasised a lot of those story lines.

But the finale did actually live up to the hype and is a front runner for best tv episode of the year. Has me excited for what's to come too.

3 eps into The Mosquito Coast.
It is okay so far although not receiving great reviews.
Available on Apple TV and the other usual places.
Just finished watching the 4th episode and boy is this show tough sledding.

The main character is so unlikeable to the point I don't want to watch the show any more (and yes, I understand he is supposed to be unlikeable and was based on a real person [the author's father])

This Friday drops the Underground Railway on Prime Amazon based on the novel about the slaves who fled the South.
Episode 1 takes your breath away for so many reasons that I won’t spoil. One incredible scene unlike anything I have seen. Beautifully shot and the acting top notch. Hopefully it continues

Time After Time (2017)

Then around ep 6 the writers and directors must have found a stash of crack and it all turned to sh*t. The plot went to Walking Dead levels of bad. Characters changed allegiances between episodes. The time machine was disappeared to another time then was inexplicably back in the same scene. It ended up a complete mess but look out for those actors in other material as they did their best.
If you like time travel, check out Continuum. Subsequent seasons bore out a little bit but it's good for two season.

Episode 1 takes your breath away for so many reasons that I won’t spoil. One incredible scene unlike anything I have seen. Beautifully shot and the acting top notch. Hopefully it continues
Just finished first ep. It’s wonderfully acted and directed. The cinematography is splendid. Shame that this kind of stuff actually happened though.

For All Mankind - Started watching solely because heard people raving about the season 2 finale. Really enjoyed S1, but actually thought S2 was a bit of stepdown. There's a lot of melodrama in the show, and the season really emphasised a lot of those story lines.

But the finale did actually live up to the hype and is a front runner for best tv episode of the year. Has me excited for what's to come too.
The melodrama drives me bonkers. Just show us more space stuff. All the stuff on earth is boring and cliched and belongs on day time soaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back