FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Station Eleven.

Haven't had a show hit me like this since the Leftovers. Very much shares DNA with that show + Lost + even Utopia (the British series).

Adapted from a novel from a few years ago, where a pandemic has wiped out most of the population. So yeah, the timing of it is weird/unfortunate but that hasn't stopped me from thinking that several of the episodes I've seen so far might be the best episodes of tv I've seen in some time.

Hiro Murai is one of the main directors and if you know who that is and you're anything like me, then it's an instant watch. A couple of recognisable faces Mackenzie Davis, Himesh Patel, but mostly newcomers/stage actors. Matilda Lawler plays a young child and gives as good a performance from a child actor as you're likely to see.

Not for everyone but if you vibe with the early episodes then you'll likely love it. Cannot wait to finish it off.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Station Eleven.

Haven't had a show hit me like this since the Leftovers. Very much shares DNA with that show + Lost + even Utopia (the British series).

Adapted from a novel from a few years ago, where a pandemic has wiped out most of the population. So yeah, the timing of it is weird/unfortunate but that hasn't stopped me from thinking that several of the episodes I've seen so far might be the best episodes of tv I've seen in some time.

Hiro Murai is one of the main directors and if you know who that is and you're anything like me, then it's an instant watch. A couple of recognisable faces Mackenzie Davis, Himesh Patel, but mostly newcomers/stage actors. Matilda Lawler plays a young child and gives as good a performance from a child actor as you're likely to see.

Not for everyone but if you vibe with the early episodes then you'll likely love it. Cannot wait to finish it off.
Wow is it that good? The Leftovers is one of the GOATs for me so that’s high praise

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
Station Eleven.

I'm about to start episode 5. Best show of last year comfortably so far. It also stars kit from a league of their own/ Johnny Utah's love interest from point break 30 years on.

Leftovers is a great comparison, similar vines to each other. The novel is good too so it'll definitely be better than lost as they won't make it up on the fly.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
We've finally been able to get Mr Inbetween in France, on Disney+

My wife is loving it, and I am too. She's never seen Chopper(straight onto the must watch list for her), but this charachter is taking a lot from Chopper but still making it his own.

This kind of thing makes me miss Australia... sorta.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
We've finally been able to get Mr Inbetween in France, on Disney+

My wife is loving it, and I am too. She's never seen Chopper(straight onto the must watch list for her), but this charachter is taking a lot from Chopper but still making it his own.

This kind of thing makes me miss Australia... sorta.
Such a brilliant show!

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
I'm about to start episode 5. Best show of last year comfortably so far. It also stars kit from a league of their own/ Johnny Utah's love interest from point break 30 years on.

Finished 8 and 9 and yeah I think I'm there now. Lots of ground to cover for the finale, but pretty confident they'll handle it well or at least hit me once right in the feels.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
Based on reviews (some on here) I watched and barely finished Arcane. Looks insanely good but nowhere near the quality of other anime shows I've seen such as Death Note, Attack on Titan and Cowboy Bebop. Found the plot and dialogue to be cringe levels of bad. Only been tempted to watch anime if it's unanimously praised so this gives me pause for trying other anime. 4/10 only because of the insane visuals.

Based on reviews (some on here) I watched and barely finished Arcane. Looks insanely good but nowhere near the quality of other anime shows I've seen such as Death Note, Attack on Titan and Cowboy Bebop. Found the plot and dialogue to be cringe levels of bad. Only been tempted to watch anime if it's unanimously praised so this gives me pause for trying other anime. 4/10 only because of the insane visuals.
Agreed. I gave up on it early on.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Back