FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Is Perry Mason worth watching? Really liked Matthew Rhys in The Americans
In my opinion, absolutely. I know next to nothing about the original, so I don't know if that's a help or a hindrance.

Have now watched four seasons.

It's pretty intense and I love the extended interview scenes. Circumstance sees me watch one ep at a time but back in the day I'd be up until 3am "just one more" I recon.

Most of the characters seem pretty believable. Occasionally I think the script goes a bit bonkers with scenes that just don't ring true. And occasionally some plotlines with potential do not get explored which can disappoint, but all in all it's a good watch. Dare I say it's a "thinking person's cop show"
The show is completely mad, especially in the way that every copper in AC 12 seems to be doing their best to look as dodgy as possible. I still have one season to catch up on. I can't get enough of it.

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
Hunters with Al Pacino, kind of ordinary so far three shows in. Gone from a show that maybe we might of binged to once a week.
We saw a trailer for it and was expecting a serious drama but it's like a bad Tarantino movie when he is trying to be funny.
---------------------------------------------
& rewatching Twin Peaks, still good but dated.

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
What's everyone's watching habits in a multi-person household? My wife and I rarely watch anything together, except movies on the weekend, because we have different tastes.

I look at it like reading a book. Nobody sits and reads a book together so why do the same with TV?

we sit down at the tv together, she tells me to find something good while she goes off and does something. i proceed to scroll through either stan or netflix. she tells me it's taking too long, so i pick something i hope we might both like, she says no. i keep looking for an amount of time, sometimes picking things which she doesn't like or just giving up, so i hand her the remote. she scrolls, picks one and i say 'OK, we can watch that if you want'. we watch.

either that or we give up and watch fat people antics on youtube.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
we sit down at the tv together, she tells me to find something good while she goes off and does something. i proceed to scroll through either stan or netflix. she tells me it's taking too long, so i pick something i hope we might both like, she says no. i keep looking for an amount of time, sometimes picking things which she doesn't like or just giving up, so i hand her the remote. she scrolls, picks one and i say 'OK, we can watch that if you want'. we watch.

either that or we give up and watch fat people antics on youtube.
Kind of the same. Replace fat people (though they are funny when falling over) with animals being jerks.

Working my way through the non english Alone seasons on SBS.
Annoying the Binge is holding the most recent US season from 9 months ago.
Aussie one starts end of this month.
Watched the Swedish and now Norwegian seasons which are one and done.
Danish there is 5 seasons which I'll hit after I finish Norway

Still watching the occasional Baywatch episode via the Baywatch tv channel

today's discovery

Seinfeld's
screen-shot-2015-06-26-at-9.34.59-pm.jpg

As a head honcho criminal :p

Started The Consultant on Amazon last night. Interesting concept, still not sure what to think yet. First ep is a bit full on.
About halfway through. Enjoying it more than I thought I would. This role feels like it was written for Christoph Waltz and he's brilliant.

I had to give up halfway through, it was frustratingly slow and just didn’t seem to be reaching any sort of conclusion.
Finished it tonight. It does have a conclusion. I'd still recommend finishing.

Star Trek Picard

going through Survivor from the beginning (Only ever watched Pearl Islands and All Stars in the past) Up to China now.

And occasionally, I watch the British reality show, Million Pound Menu.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Knew so many people that rec'd the Daisy Jones and the Six novel peak lockdowns. Now out as a limited series on Prime, about the rise of a Fleetwood Mac-esque band in the 70s, complete with original songs. It's a pretty breezy affair, the acting beyond Riley Keough is lightweight and with the exception of one or two songs, most of the originals you wouldn't want to listen to again. But because it's not that deep is also probably why its worth a watch.

Back