FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished Farscape and Scrubs, and watching House sometimes for my nostalgia.

Finished S1 of The Leftovers then found out its from the guy who did Lost and Im very concerned.

So many shows about people going missing en masse but this feels like a good one.

Time will tell I suppose.

Itend to wait til shows are over as I hate cliffhanger endings because often they get cancelled. Evenif renewed it sucks waiting 6 months, or like Stranger Things, 2 or 3 years.

Just finished Farscape and Scrubs, and watching House sometimes for my nostalgia.

Finished S1 of The Leftovers then found out its from the guy who did Lost and Im very concerned.

So many shows about people going missing en masse but this feels like a good one.

Itend to wait til shows are over as I hate cliffhanger endings because often they get cancelled. Evenif renewed it sucks waiting 6 months, or like Stranger Things, 2 or 3 years.
What's your thoughts on Farscape?

I remember enjoying it at release when younger.

What's your thoughts on Farscape?

I remember enjoying it at release when younger.

I love it. When you first watch it, its Muppets In Space, but once you get in to it they become characters as real as any others.

There are a fair few filler episodes but its probably the best TV show Australia has ever made and one of the better sci fi shows ever made.

I saw the other day there is a Death In Paradise spinoff starting up called Beyond Paradise so that will be an interesting one to see.

Loved Scrubs but feel it hasn't aged particularly well.

I thought the ending was pretty good. Leftovers is one of my favourite shows now.

The Leftovers is one of the greatest shows of all time imho and ends really well.

You're in for a treat as season 2 and 3 are better than the first.

Loved Scrubs but feel it hasn't aged particularly well.
In what way? I'm midway through season 3 and think it's aged pretty well, particularly in its depiction of race, healthy relationships (Turk and Carla, JD and Turk) and mental health (ahead of its time in many ways here). Sure, there's always the sex jokes, but I don't think it falls over into outdated territory.

The Leftovers is way better than Lost. Stick with it.

Just finished “The Terminal List” on Prime.

* me, what a great show. As a former grunt dunno how I’ve missed it, their military director must be first class, Chris Pratt is very well trained.

Like a mix between the Bourne Identity and Kill Bill. I won’t explain the plot too much as it unfolds throughout the show. Basically 15 SF soldiers are on a sneaky mission in Syria and get ambushed and all but 2 killed. Chris Pratt tries to find out back home who is responsible and it ain’t Syrians.

I believe they’re from a series of 5 books and this is the first one, hope they do the whole 5.
I'll finish it in the next couple of days. Really enjoying it.

Add in a touch of Death Wish vitilante style revenge to Bourne Identity and Kill Bill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming up to the last season of The Sopranos shortly, never seen the series before. Absolutely loved it so far, no wonder it's considered one of the all time great shows.

The individual plots or stories that takes place in separate episodes is amazing too
Same - really enjoying it

Up to season 6 of my Cheers run through.

I actual prefer the Diane era - the Rebecca era is more zany in part....but I think the jokes hit better in seasons 1 - 5.
I always preferred the Diane era aswell just found it funnier, especially with coach

Up to season 6 of my Cheers run through.

I actual prefer the Diane era - the Rebecca era is more zany in part....but I think the jokes hit better in seasons 1 - 5.
I always preferred the Diane era aswell just found it funnier, especially with coach
I always liked both eras. I thought the most important change in cast members was the introduction of Diane's new boyfriend, Frasier Crane, in season 2.

At least I think it was season 2.

In what way? I'm midway through season 3 and think it's aged pretty well, particularly in its depiction of race, healthy relationships (Turk and Carla, JD and Turk) and mental health (ahead of its time in many ways here). Sure, there's always the sex jokes, but I don't think it falls over into outdated territory.
They had an episode that isn't available on most streaming services due to blackface.

I still love it but it's honestly pretty jarring with what's available today.

The Offer on Paramount+. It’s about the making of The Godfather and stars Myles Teller as the producer. Can’t believe it took me so long to find it, quality storytelling and a great cast.
Great little series that. Loved the godfather movies and loved learning the backstory too

They had an episode that isn't available on most streaming services due to blackface.

I still love it but it's honestly pretty jarring with what's available today.
Damn, now I wanna see it. I assume it was being satirical but that doesn’t fly at all any more. Generally it’s approach to race has been good so far.

In the first episode, JD asks Turk if, while singing along to rap, he’s allowed to say the n-word. Gets shut down before he can finish the sentence. Funny that people are still arguing about it 20 years later.

Damn, now I wanna see it. I assume it was being satirical but that doesn’t fly at all any more. Generally it’s approach to race has been good so far.

In the first episode, JD asks Turk if, while singing along to rap, he’s allowed to say the n-word. Gets shut down before he can finish the sentence. Funny that people are still arguing about it 20 years later.
It was j.d imagining himself being turk

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back