Prediction Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why? 2021 edition

Which 2-3 teams will drop out of the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be wrong but I thought there was a lot more teams using more players over the entire season.

I do think shortened quarters suited the Port game style and they played quite a few home games compared to the rest of the comp

While your right, we didnt miss as much as other teams as far as quantity of players went. But we made up for it in the quality we missed.

Hmmmm.

So does everyone still think the likes of Carlton, Melbourne and Freo will replace Collingwood, West Coast and the Bulldogs in the 8?

Or do we still need a few weeks for reality to set in?
Sydney looked better than any of those three after one game.

I’d bet money on Sydney and Gold Coast coming in, if two teams drop out that is..

Sydney looked better than any of those three after one game.

I’d bet money on Sydney and Gold Coast coming in, if two teams drop out that is..
Yep. Sydney have consistently proven they have they environment to develop players and instill a winning culture into their playing group, and Gold Goast have a great core of young players who appear dedicated to bringing success to their footy club.

Very different scenarios to the long term mediocrity we've seen from the likes of Melbourne and Carlton (and to a lesser extent Freo).

Every year on this board people say West Coast will drop out of the 8, and every year they are proven wrong.

We have missed finals a handful of times in our entire history as a club. Its not going to happen.

Just look at our fixture - we'll make finals based on the back half of the season alone.

Every year on this board people say West Coast will drop out of the 8, and every year they are proven wrong.

We have missed finals a handful of times in our entire history as a club. Its not going to happen.

Just look at our fixture - we'll make finals based on the back half of the season alone.

Famous last words.

It is true that we have the longest current streak of finals appearances of all AFL clubs, and that we've made finals more often than not in the history of the club. As superannuation ads like to point out, though, past performance is not a guarantee of future success.

Famous last words.

It is true that we have the longest current streak of finals appearances of all AFL clubs, and that we've made finals more often than not in the history of the club. As superannuation ads like to point out, though, past performance is not a guarantee of future success.
No, but you have possibly the best spine in the AFL which is probably going to win you enough games to get in the 8.

Hmmmm.

So does everyone still think the likes of Carlton, Melbourne and Freo will replace Collingwood, West Coast and the Bulldogs in the 8?

Or do we still need a few weeks for reality to set in?
freo wont make finals this season. Too many injuries to key players. Freos last 6-7 games of the season are brutal.....

Tigers, cats, eagles at home.

Hawks in tassie, Swans at scg, Saints at docklands, brisbane at the gabba

There's always next year....
Travelling worse than carlton...... that is saying A lot.

Speaking of Carlton, I was on their board trying to sympathize with them.

One Carlton supporter Said they wanted Ross Lyon to coach them. Some just dont give a f**k. The will even try Ross Lyon at this point.

Travelling worse than carlton...... that is saying A lot.

Speaking of Carlton, I was on their board trying to sympathize with them.

One Carlton supporter Said they wanted Ross Lyon to coach them. Some just dont give a f**k. The will even try Ross Lyon at this point.
You know things are getting desperate when you want ol' mate Roscoe coaching you!

I might be wrong but I thought there was a lot more teams using more players over the entire season.

I do think shortened quarters suited the Port game style and they played quite a few home games compared to the rest of the comp
We played less home games then Adelaide.

We also travelled in and out on the same days.

Port's gamestyle looks pretty suited to this year's rules too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Dogs Pies out for Melbourne Carlton prediction is just as bad.
Lol yeah that's up there.

I'd have Port, Saints and Dogs as put your house on em to make the 8 unless something catastrophic happened.

No worries Mr I joined when Richmond made a GF.

You keep up with your rubbish calls.
🤣
Ok
How about my rubbish call is Port will sh.t the bed when it counts

Spose three years in a row doesn’t make it that risky a call.
Or is it four, I lose track

🤣
Ok

And I'm done wasting my time with you. Ignore list gets filled with people like you.

Joins when Richmond make a GF. Lmao.

Port and Saints are locks for the 8.

Carlton is 0-2.

🤣
Ok

Or is it four, I lose track

Only need about 33 more in a row to match your mob after 1980 then

I knew Freo were in for a tough season when our fixture came out.
I think you are on the up. Wouldn't necessarily mean you make the 8.

The 8-12 group is extremely tight imo.

I think you are on the up. Wouldn't necessarily mean you make the 8.

The 8-12 group is extremely tight imo.
I predicted Freo to finish between 7th to 11th at the start of the season.

Currently I see Freo finishing 13th to 16th.

Don't care if Freo get 16th with 6-7 wins.

Injuries to forwards like Lobb and Walters sucks and limits Freos chances to kick goals.

As I said.... Freos last 7 games to end the season is brutal.

Happy meek got a debut game. Chapman will get a debut game at centre half back this round at home too.

Back