Prediction Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why? 2021 edition

Which 2-3 teams will drop out of the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Including the waiting list is the WA equivalent of including pet memberships (except the AFL doesn't allow pets).
Ummm errrr Actually no .. it’s real people , who if they could get a full membership WOULD.
If they could get a seat at their games they WOULD
The pet membership thingy was a total victorian jizz fest to simply fluff numbers

Ummm errrr Actually no .. it’s real people , who if they could get a full membership WOULD.
If they could get a seat at their games they WOULD
The pet membership thingy was a total victorian jizz fest to simply fluff numbers

Firstly, they're not members, they're subscribers.

Members get to vote.

Whichever way though, most professional organisations don't include wait lists as part of their numbers. WCE just does it as a "jizz fest to simply fluff numbers:.

The pet thingy was a tiny thing that got massively overhyped by whingers. There were never many, and they NEVER COUNTED towards official numbers.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
LOL Really thay have the entire state with only a minnow club in fremantle as competion but still maybe you might want to check game attendances to see who actually goes to watch them eagles average 44,800 Tigers 50,800. Richmond still got over 100,000 with no games in melbourne where eagles got to play games at home :rolleyes:

Freo 33,000 lol just 6,000 more than north melbourne
Yep Freo are slowly Turning into Port Adelaide of 2008-12. We need Purple tarps lol

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure. I think Saints are better than both but will struggle with their double ups. Freo would consider themselves a smokey if their form holds up at home. Melbourne could finish anywhere as could the Giants.

I’m bullish on Carlton and our best is clearly good enough but until we fix the 6 goal swings we’ll never get anywhere.

I dont agree know if the blues best is Clearly good enough ... sorry nothing clear on the Blues IMO . Plenty of promise though .

Freo ( unbelievably goid young list, if a Melbourne club we’d be in raptures )Dee’s , gws , Rowell ( sorry I mean Suns !!) and blues the big movers id say . Don’t get the love for Sydney by many . hawks north eagles and dons in for a tough year .

Good luck anyhow for 2021, we need new blood in the 8 . Personally I want to see the saints have a cracker , their supporters deserve it .

I miss the footy !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Collingwood snuck into finals last season and got to the second week despite suffering one of the worst injury interrupted seasons in recent years, people having them falling out are nuts. They wont win the flag but they'll be there abouts.

My money is still on the Saints falling out, I thought they'd get a bad fixture but what they got is way worse than I ever thought, one of the worst fixtures in recent years. If they play finals, they well and truly deserve to!

I've still got a funny feeling us Eagles are in for a poor year, a tough first eight weeks could see us chasing the pack, an injury here and there, especially to our midfield whose depth is non existent, could spell curtains. Yeo, our best mid, is still touch and go with an OP injury, we never looked the same team last season when he couldn't play.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
In review, pretty sure the top 8 will be relatively stagnant. Hoping we can push for a finals berth, been a long time coming.

There is always a surprise slider and a team that bursts onto the scene. Hoping Blues replace Pies but, who the hell knows...

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Firstly, they're not members, they're subscribers.

Members get to vote.

Whichever way though, most professional organisations don't include wait lists as part of their numbers. WCE just does it as a "jizz fest to simply fluff numbers:.

The pet thingy was a tiny thing that got massively overhyped by whingers. There were never many, and they NEVER COUNTED towards official numbers.

ignorant drivel

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am sure he did.
no you were not. Your team finished in the top 6 in 2020 remember?

Higher you finish on the ladder, the tougher your fixture
Of course it was going to be harder then when we were finishing bottom 4.

But when we are the only club who has to play 3 of last years top 4 twice (Richmond, Port, Geelong), the only team from the 'middle 6' we place twice is West Coast who finished above us in the home and away season, and every game we play against the remaining finalists is an away game, it's hard to argue that we haven't been dealt a much tougher fixture than anyone else.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Of course it was going to be harder then when we were finishing bottom 4.

But when we are the only club who has to play 3 of last years top 4 twice (Richmond, Port, Geelong), the only team from the 'middle 6' we place twice is West Coast who finished above us in the home and away season, and every game we play against the remaining finalists is an away game, it's hard to argue that we haven't been dealt a much tougher fixture than anyone else.
Certain teams will play certain teams twice each year.

WA teams will play each other twice, so is the SA showdown and the NSW and Queensland teams play each other twice too.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does your team have the cats twice again?

I noticed Freo has the hawks again at Tassie so that is a certain Freo loss.
stemcell influence is always fraught with danger and I don''t want to carry a placard that says something silly...

heaven says that I am undefined at this minute and so I will hoist the placard of being important..

I love the free o... dude... take it as you will...

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I am sure he did.
no you were not. Your team finished in the top 6 in 2020 remember?

Higher you finish on the ladder, the tougher your fixture
You say St Kilda were not shafted, yet you say the fixture should be more difficult the higher you finish on the ladder. If that's the case, St Kilda should be getting the 5th most difficult fixture, not the most difficult fixture, which is what the original complaint was about. Fairly certain every St Kilda supporter expected a difficult fixture, but not one that is more difficult than all four of the preliminary finalists.
Certain teams will play certain teams twice each year.

WA teams will play each other twice, so is the SA showdown and the NSW and Queensland teams play each other twice too.
That explains why Port have Adelaide twice, but it doesn't explain why Port play none of the other top 4 teams twice.
Why do Port have a much easier fixture than St Kilda considering they finished first on the ladder and were a kick away from a grand final?

St Kilda no doubt have a ridiculously difficult fixture that shouldn't be given to a team that finished 6th. 4 of the top 5 teams twice because of a 3 point EF win? Nah.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
You say St Kilda were not shafted, yet you say the fixture should be more difficult the higher you finish on the ladder. If that's the case, St Kilda should be getting the 5th most difficult fixture, not the most difficult fixture, which is what the original complaint was about. Fairly certain every St Kilda supporter expected a difficult fixture, but not one that is more difficult than all four of the preliminary finalists.

That explains why Port have Adelaide twice, but it doesn't explain why Port play none of the other top 4 teams twice.
Why do Port have a much easier fixture than St Kilda considering they finished first on the ladder and were a kick away from a grand final?

St Kilda no doubt have a ridiculously difficult fixture that shouldn't be given to a team that finished 6th. 4 of the top 5 teams twice because of a 3 point EF win? Nah.
Well I dont know why Port got an easier draw, ask the AFL.

Ironic too since Gil McLaughlin is a saints fan.

There is a reason why the AFL finals system is what it currently is. It was a joke prior to 2000 when 1st took on 8th and 2nd took on 7th and 3rd took on 6th 4th took on 5th.

I wonder whether this year might be an exception to this rule. At least on paper it seems hard to see any of those teams other than Collingwood dropping out.

Collingwood out, one of Melbourne/Carlton in for mine. Maybe the other one can get in if one of the other seven teams that made the eight last year gets smashed by injuries. Or maybe that admittedly very unfair draw ends up being too much for the Saints to overcome.

Back