Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why?

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I’d like to think and hope so but man there is something that is gnawing away at me , and yes I’ve had a colonoscopy , that this year could be more unbearable for fans than another Richmond flag !! The dons are so overdue . I don’t want wxnt but I can feel it !!

Go CATTERS

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Soft draw for the Bulldogs??? Coming from a Richmond supporter, where you get 500 games in a row at the MCG! We get two games a year there, where finals are played.
as a richmond supporter it d be intriguing if the dogs finished on top of the tiges in 2020 n they met say in an elimination final...would dogs supporters prefer the home final at Etihad where youve have good success against us or MCG as your home final ?...the crowd differential would be around 30-35,000..so bout
600-750k in gate takings if not more ??

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
as a richmond supporter it d be intriguing if the dogs finished on top of the tiges in 2020 n they met say in an elimination final...would dogs supporters prefer the home final at Etihad where youve have good success against us or MCG as your home final ?...the crowd differential would be around 30-35,000..so bout
MCG easily

Clubs don't get anything from finals gate-takings though. It's why they don't get a choice where a final is played.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
I've seen some dumb calls on BigFooty in my time, but this is up there with the best of them.

I would be shocked if even 1 of those players wasn't playing in 4 years time, every single one looks to be at least a 100+ game player for the Cats.

Geelong will likely drop down a bit when the older brigade retires, but it's not like the cupboard is bare when it comes to youth.
the big question is whether the numpty coach Chris scott plays the young ones? he fooking wont he is too fooking stoopid

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
hmmmm..a little suprised with that answer...cos we struggle @ Etihad against u guys & North
We played Adelaide at the MCG, I can tell you that our supporters would want to us play there. MCG is the finals showground of Melbourne. Plus a game between us at the MCG would be very entertaining as I reckon its the ground that both our gameplans work best at.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Peak off season thread.

OUT: Essendon
IN: Melbourne

Not sure I can see any other teams sneaking in. Hawks/Freo/Essendon to be in that 9-11 range.

Top 8:

1. Richmond
2. WCE
3. Collingwood
4. GWS
5. WB
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Brisbane Lions

LRobbo

All Australian
Jan 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Essendon are missing, they are plain average and haven’t improved their list at all. Something majorly wrong at that club. They fell in this year.

Brisbane I’m not sold on, looked great majority of the year but struggled when the screws were tightened in the last 3 games they played.

Collingwood, made top 4 by default and if it weren’t for a great first quarter vs Geelong had a pretty average finals series and were also average post bye.

Geelong didn’t string back to back wins together post bye, Dads army, the cliff is coming, can they go again once more. Skeptical but they win most if not all in Geelong

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Essendon/Collingwood

-Dons I can't see a heap of improvement coming from younger players, rather it'd be their older players that would need to carry them upwards and I just can't see that happening. If Daniher comes back 100% that could be a big game changer, but even then the midfield needs strengthening.

-Pies failed to bring in a good key forward, will be relying on Reid/Cox/Cameron which I'm not sure will be adequate. Were really poor for 3 quarters against the Giants and not just in terms of skills, but the effort and toughness was lackluster. A better run with injuries and some improvements in the game plan could see Buckley getting this group back on top, no doubt that Grundy/Moore/De Goey re-signing, and less injuries would help the pies consistency/continuity.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bombers the closest thing to a lock of dropping out imo.

Can see cats/pies sliding this year but not sure it'll be enough to drop out.

Brisbane could have overachieved last season and do a 2 steps forward 1 step back kind of situation, but i don't think so

Doggies will probably be pushing for top 4 imo, but chucking them on here just because they can be so streaky during the season.

GWS/Tigers/Eagles should all be safe.
Seems the bandwagon is completely against Ess, but i'm inclined to disagree. Made the finals this year while having a tough run with injuries from the squad available at the time ie Heppell, Fantasia and a few others. Add in Daniher and Smith and their forward line (Daniher, Smith, Tippa, Stringer, Fantasia) looks fantastic, their backline is good with Hurley, Hooker, Saad and co and their midfield has plenty of proven performers albeit lacking an inside mid.

They tend to lack a bit of leadership and i'm not sold on Worsfold, but on paper they look pretty good to me.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
Richmond, W Bulldogs and Collingwood to miss the 8.
St Kilda, Adelaide and Sydney to make it.

I just feel Richmond and Collingwood will have off years. Nothing personal against either side.

Bring-Back-Powell

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2005
Seattle
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Mariners
Peak off season thread.

OUT: Essendon
IN: Melbourne

Not sure I can see any other teams sneaking in. Hawks/Freo/Essendon to be in that 9-11 range.

Top 8:

1. Richmond
2. WCE
3. Collingwood
4. GWS
5. WB
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Brisbane Lions
I admire your faith in our club, but we are pure garbage and ain’t going anywhere near the 8.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Essendon will 100% drop out, hopefully Geelong go down too (hopefully rock bottom)

Fremantle and Hawthorn to come up.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Essendon will 100% drop out, hopefully Geelong go down too (hopefully rock bottom)

Fremantle and Hawthorn to come up.

We had a great run with injuries this year so that will very likely swing back around as is often the case with the footy gods.
The loss of Kelly is also profound. In no way whatsoever is Jack Steven filling that void. His best years are behind him and the best we can hope for is Dahlhaus-like numbers from Steven in 2020.

We then have the major issue of the coach and his love for men 193cm or taller.
Jenkins added to the list will see him play with Hawkins and Ratugolea. He will also squeeze in Harry 'I'm cooked' Taylor in the back line to go along with Kolodjashnij, Stewart, Henry and Blicavs.
Stanley will take up ruck duties.

This team showed who they truly were in the second half of the season. That will continue in 2020.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d like to think and hope so but man there is something that is gnawing away at me , and yes I’ve had a colonoscopy , that this year could be more unbearable for fans than another Richmond flag !! The dons are so overdue . I don’t want wxnt but I can feel it !!

Go CATTERS

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The bombers are no chance of taking the flag in 2020. Don't let our history of success blind you from seeing what we've become.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
I love the logic, Essendon will drop out because they aren’t very good and won’t win enough games.

What’s this based on? This year when they actually did make it?

Can only see them improving next season with Smith and Daniher back and the younger group with another year under their belt.

Back