Prediction Which two teams will finish 7th and 8th in 2022?

Which team finishes in 8th position in 2022?

• Carlton

• Richmond

• Bulldogs

• St Kilda

• Port Adelaide

• Gold Coast

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It really depends on what happens this weekend. If we (Suns) lose to Brisbane and Port Adelaide lose to Geelong then you can just about rule us out but if either the Suns or Power win then the race is well and truly on.

Richmond really need to beat either Fremantle or Brisbane over the next two weeks. If they lose both then they are very vulnerable. The Bulldogs draw isn't any better with Melbourne and Geelong over the next fortnight so if they also lose those two then they are in a very vulnerable position. St Kilda have the best upcoming fortnight with West Coast (Optus) and Hawthorn but with their current form and injuries you can't really pencil them in for wins either.

It's been a weird season with very unpredictable results and as much as I'd like to say my team, I think it'll probably be Richmond. Ask me again after the QClash and I might have a different answer haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve got the easiest draw out of saints and dogs. Our to lose, I just hope to god we don’t finish 9th

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If I was a Richmond fan I wouldn't like the look of those games against Port Adelaide away and Essendon in the final round of the season, but you're right, the Bulldogs and Saints have a rough last month of footy so it does give Richmond some breathing space.

Having said that, at the risk of sounding biased, I'd be sincerely praying Brisbane beat the Suns tomorrow if I was a Richmond fan. The reason being that we (Suns) play 13th, 17th & 18th in our last month of the season and a win in the QClash tomorrow gets us up to 9 wins for the season. That could mean Richmond will be required to win three of their last four games and a loss to Brisbane next week puts Richmond into a sudden death situation where they can no longer afford any slip ups. That's a lot of pressure when you have to travel to Adelaide to play the Power and you're potentially playing an in-form Essendon in round 23.

I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone that teams who face Richmond in the last month of the home and away season would be loving the fact that they have the opportunity to ruin Richmond's chances of playing finals. Particularly Essendon.

Ive got saints 7th tigers 8th then Carlton at 9th with the predictor.
carlton lose 2 of their 3 remaining swing games and both hard ones.
Bit of bias though 😉

If I was a Richmond fan I wouldn't like the look of those games against Port Adelaide away and Essendon in the final round of the season, but you're right, the Bulldogs and Saints have a rough last month of footy so it does give Richmond some breathing space.

Having said that, at the risk of sounding biased, I'd be sincerely praying Brisbane beat the Suns tomorrow if I was a Richmond fan. The reason being that we (Suns) play 13th, 17th & 18th in our last month of the season and a win in the QClash tomorrow gets us up to 9 wins for the season. That could mean Richmond will be required to win three of their last four games and a loss to Brisbane next week puts Richmond into a sudden death situation where they can no longer afford any slip ups. That's a lot of pressure when you have to travel to Adelaide to play the Power and you're potentially playing an in-form Essendon in round 23.

I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone that teams who face Richmond in the last month of the home and away season would be loving the fact that they have the opportunity to ruin Richmond's chances of playing finals. Particularly Essendon.
IMO Port Adelaide at AO is the toughest fixture we have from here. Brisbane are the better team, but it's at the MCG and historically we play well against them and they don't play too well at the 'G.

Mind you, I have us losing both, then knocking off the Hawks and Bombers when the pressure is off.

IMO Port Adelaide at AO is the toughest fixture we have from here. Brisbane are the better team, but it's at the MCG and historically we play well against them and they don't play too well at the 'G.

Mind you, I have us losing both, then knocking off the Hawks and Bombers when the pressure is off.

I still have us winning 3 of the last 4. Bombers and hawks are just must wins and I think we can get one of port and lions. We got some cavalry coming back and last time I checked we are favourites against the lions in the betting markets for some reason.

Yep correct, btw I’d have no problem trading our finals spot with you, you guys deserve it. Don’t even go there with Essendon I’m already having visions of 2m Peter kicking 5 on Tarrant to win the game by a goal.

Tough run home and this is more of a gut feel but I reckon the Dogs will make it. Out of all these teams contending for that last spot in the top 8, the Dogs would also be the biggest threat come finals time.

So that would get Richmond to 11.5 wins. Is it enough? My initial thought is no but...
  • Bulldogs have 9 wins with the Dees (H), Cats (A), Dockers (H), Giants (H) & Hawks (A). The Dogs will need to win at least one of their next three against top four opposition to have a shot at 12 wins for the season. We know they CAN do it but losing to Melbourne tonight drastically decreases their chances IMO because I don't give them any shot against Geelong at Kardinia Park next week. The Fremantle game at Marvel is probably the one they'll be eyeing off but even 12 wins might not be enough to get them into the finals depending on where their percentage sits.
  • Saints have 9 wins with the Eagles (A), Hawks (H), Cats (A), Lions (H) & Swans (H). St Kilda have to win both of their next two games to even have a shot at making it and then they'll have to take a big scalp over Geelong, Brisbane or Sydney. If all that occurred, they would get to 12 wins but even that may not be enough because they currently have the worst percentage in the top 12. A slip up in Perth tomorrow just about ends St Kilda's season when you consider their draw and the fact that 12 wins + a good percentage will likely be required to make it.
  • The Power have 8 wins with Cats (H), Magpies (A), Tigers (H), Bombers (A) & Crows (H). Pretty tough draw and it's hard to see how Port can win four of their last five from here but a win over Geelong at Adelaide Oval later today gives them a glimmer of hope. A loss to the Cats today and Port are as good as gone in my mind.
  • Suns have 8 wins with Lions (A), Eagles (H), Hawks (A), Cats (H) & North (A). Similar to Port Adelaide, the Suns will need to win four of their last five to have a shot at making it but playing three of the next four in Queensland does help. It also helps that three of those five opponents happen to be teams they've already smashed this year - R1 def Eagles @ Optus by 27 points, R11 def Hawks @ Darwin by 67 points & R12 def Roos @ Darwin by 62 points. Three wins against those opponents would get the Suns to 11 wins but the question is whether the they can beat Brisbane at the Gabba tonight or Geelong at Metricon in a few weeks to give themselves a chance. Not having to travel to face these top four teams certainly helps and Brisbane have looked a little shaky lately... Geelong have also coughed up a few games at Metricon in the past so that may not be the foregone conclusion some may think it is. Will percentage come into play? Possibly and facing teams like North, Hawthorn and West Coast who you've already smashed this season helps.
So, the conclusion is if the Bulldogs or Suns win tonight then Richmond will likely be really be up against it. St Kilda give themselves a chance if they can win their next two and hope for a big upset in the last three games of the season. Port Adelaide will likely have to pull off multiple upsets just to have a chance so I'd say they're the least likely at this stage.

Yep correct, btw I’d have no problem trading our finals spot with you, you guys deserve it. Don’t even go there with Essendon I’m already having visions of 2m Peter kicking 5 on Tarrant to win the game by a goal.
In some ways it would be fitting for the team that kicked a goal after the siren to beat Richmond to be the ones that finish just ahead of them in the race for a top 8 spot. Having said that, we can't make it unless we pull off another big upset against Brisbane or Geelong IMO so it's still an unlikely prospect at this stage.

Its rapidly turned into last year with the wins required to make the 8 plummeting. St Kilda should win the next 2 but then it gets tough. The Dogs get their chance tonight, hard to see either of them beating Geelong in Geelong. The Dogs winning tonight would pretty much force Richmond or St Kilda to have to win out.

Back