Prediction Which two teams will finish 7th and 8th in 2022?

Which team finishes in 8th position in 2022?

• Carlton

• Richmond

• Bulldogs

• St Kilda

• Port Adelaide

• Gold Coast

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If Port beats us today, they’ll be the team in 8th. They’ve been the most consistent of the teams in 8-12 since round 6 surely?

Otherwise I voted Richmond.
You're expecting Port to beat three of the following four opponents: Collingwood @ the MCG, Richmond @ AO, Essendon @ Marvel and Adelaide @ AO? That gets them to 12 wins which may still not be good enough if their percentage isn't boosted.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
You're expecting Port to beat three of the following four opponents: Collingwood @ the MCG, Richmond @ AO, Essendon @ Marvel and Adelaide @ AO? That gets them to 12 wins which may still not be good enough if their percentage isn't boosted.
I’m not convinced Essendon has turned the corner. I’m also not convinced Collingwood are any better than Essendon 2021. Simple draw and expect them to not make the 8 next season.

They’ll win at least 3 games. I hope they do too so Ken Hinkley lives on another year.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’m not convinced Essendon has turned the corner. I’m also not convinced Collingwood are any better than Essendon 2021. Simple draw and expect them to not make the 8 next season.

They’ll win at least 3 games. I hope they do too so Ken Hinkley lives on another year.
Fair enough. After Geelong it's two top 8 opponents and two bottom 10 opponents.

If they beat Geelong then they have to win three of their next four. If they lose to Geelong then they have to win all their remaining games.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
So that would get Richmond to 11.5 wins. Is it enough? My initial thought is no but...
  • Bulldogs have 9 wins with the Dees (H), Cats (A), Dockers (H), Giants (H) & Hawks (A). The Dogs will need to win at least one of their next three against top four opposition to have a shot at 12 wins for the season. We know they CAN do it but losing to Melbourne tonight drastically decreases their chances IMO because I don't give them any shot against Geelong at Kardinia Park next week. The Fremantle game at Marvel is probably the one they'll be eyeing off but even 12 wins might not be enough to get them into the finals depending on where their percentage sits.
  • Saints have 9 wins with the Eagles (A), Hawks (H), Cats (A), Lions (H) & Swans (H). St Kilda have to win both of their next two games to even have a shot at making it and then they'll have to take a big scalp over Geelong, Brisbane or Sydney. If all that occurred, they would get to 12 wins but even that may not be enough because they currently have the worst percentage in the top 12. A slip up in Perth tomorrow just about ends St Kilda's season when you consider their draw and the fact that 12 wins + a good percentage will likely be required to make it.
  • The Power have 8 wins with Cats (H), Magpies (A), Tigers (H), Bombers (A) & Crows (H). Pretty tough draw and it's hard to see how Port can win four of their last five from here but a win over Geelong at Adelaide Oval later today gives them a glimmer of hope. A loss to the Cats today and Port are as good as gone in my mind.
  • Suns have 8 wins with Lions (A), Eagles (H), Hawks (A), Cats (H) & North (A). Similar to Port Adelaide, the Suns will need to win four of their last five to have a shot at making it but playing three of the next four in Queensland does help. It also helps that three of those five opponents happen to be teams they've already smashed this year - R1 def Eagles @ Optus by 27 points, R11 def Hawks @ Darwin by 67 points & R12 def Roos @ Darwin by 62 points. Three wins against those opponents would get the Suns to 11 wins but the question is whether the they can beat Brisbane at the Gabba tonight or Geelong at Metricon in a few weeks to give themselves a chance. Not having to travel to face these top four teams certainly helps and Brisbane have looked a little shaky lately... Geelong have also coughed up a few games at Metricon in the past so that may not be the foregone conclusion some may think it is. Will percentage come into play? Possibly and facing teams like North, Hawthorn and West Coast who you've already smashed this season helps.
So, the conclusion is if the Bulldogs or Suns win tonight then Richmond will likely be really be up against it. St Kilda give themselves a chance if they can win their next two and hope for a big upset in the last three games of the season. Port Adelaide will likely have to pull off multiple upsets just to have a chance so I'd say they're the least likely at this stage.

In some ways it would be fitting for the team that kicked a goal after the siren to beat Richmond to be the ones that finish just ahead of them in the race for a top 8 spot. Having said that, we can't make it unless we pull off another big upset against Brisbane or Geelong IMO so it's still an unlikely prospect at this stage.
Still so many variables. Who the hell knows? I think we've cost ourselves too many points in recent weeks. Only have ourselves to blame for not being good enough.

Once you are relying on other teams for results to go your way, you're just gambling and relying on getting lucky.

Bulldogs i reckon will lose to us but beat the giants and the hawks. Freo game 50/50.

Richmond should win their last 2 but if brisbane and port play like they did tonight richmond wont get to 12 wins.

Saints should win tomorrow and beat the hawks but it will be hard to beat us away from etihad and the brisbane game will be a challenge. They might have to win that and/or sydney in the last round to get in.

It should still be live in round 23 but i reckon the dogs get there.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Bulldogs home. Tigers season is summed up by this fella.
1658581063521.gif

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ive got saints 7th tigers 8th then Carlton at 9th with the predictor.
carlton lose 2 of their 3 remaining swing games and both hard ones.
Bit of bias though

We’d have to lose one of the GWS (home) or crows (away)games then all of our last 3 v brisbane (away), Dees and pies.

I mean it could happen but isn’t likely. Especially if we continue to get players back. (Gov this week, hopefully Pittonet next week)

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
We seriously can’t catch a break can we, Dees had one job

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 30, 2011
Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Whoever is playing WC
We’d have to lose one of the GWS (home) or crows (away)games then all of our last 3 v brisbane (away), Dees and pies.

I mean it could happen but isn’t likely. Especially if we continue to get players back. (Gov this week, hopefully Pittonet next week)
You will make it but don't expect players back to be instant upgrades. Gov & Pittonet have been out for a long time so probably going to be liabilities the first few games they play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

banzai

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Dogs win takes Port and GC completely out of it now. If they beat Geelong next week it will also eliminate Richmond and St Kilda. If the Bulldogs lose next week it gives Richmond and St Kilda a win out opportunity. We have a great record against Brisbane and they are the last top 8 team we play, but then again we just lost to North.

I would have it about 70% Dogs, Richmond 25%, Saints 5% from here.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Dogs will make it from here. Wouldn't surprise if they knock off the Cats next week which will just about secure it. Richmond will finish 9th and only have ourselves to blame.

Yep my adrenaline is pumping, avoiding 9th is more stressful than winning a final

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dogs win takes Port and GC completely out of it now.
Not quite. Dogs have Geelong at Kardinia Park next week, Port Adelaide have Collingwood at the MCG and Gold Coast have West Coast at Metricon.

While I concede Port Adelaide will likely lose to the Pies at the G, we (Suns) are a big chance to beat West Coast on our home deck and obviously the Bulldogs have the mammoth task of trying to beat the Cats down there. If the Dogs lose and GC win then, once again, there will only be a single win between the two teams. Now I understand you could say Richmond winning will end it but I don't back them to beat Brisbane either.

The cluster can once again be all five teams within a single win of each other if these results occur next week - 1st Geelong beat 8th Bulldogs, 3rd Brisbane beat 9th Richmond, 11th Port Adelaide beat 6th Collingwood, 12th Gold Coast beat 17th West Coast and 10th St Kilda lose to Hawthorn/West Coast. None of those results are impossible and most are likely if you look at the ladder.

A little peak ahead to the following week and once again the Bulldogs and Richmond have tough games against Fremantle and Port Adelaide respectively and the Saints have the toughest fixture in the league right now - the Cats in Geelong. Meanwhile Gold Coast have Hawthorn which is obviously winnable. At that point, we could have a situation where the Dogs, Saints, Power and Suns are all equal on 10 wins and 10 losses and Richmond are half a win behind. Then we have a shootout to finish the season in the last two weeks.

Dogs will make it from here. Wouldn't surprise if they knock off the Cats next week which will just about secure it. Richmond will finish 9th and only have ourselves to blame.

They might take it to the wire like they did with the rohan game after the siren a couple of years ago but its a huge ask for them to beat us at home with stewart back in. I think the dogs will win their last 3 though and that will get them in richmond will have to beat brisbane this week to be a chance

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They might take it to the wire like they did with the rohan game after the siren a couple of years ago but its a huge ask for them to beat us at home with stewart back in. I think the dogs will win their last 3 though and that will get them in richmond will have to beat brisbane this week to be a chance

Next week is a free hit, you can’t expect to beat Geelong away at any time but right now they’re comfortably the best team in the comp so a loss would be completely expected.

Given that, the Freo game is massive. Given current form and that it’s at Marvel maybe that’s a 50/50 game. Dogs favourites in the last two, but hawks in Tassie tripped us up last year and could easily do so again.

Coin flip between tigers and dogs now, Saints an outside chance.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looks like Carlton have played their way into serious contention for this one. You can already tell it's going to come down to their round 23 clash against Collingwood and that just so happen to be the second last game of the round on the Sunday arvo so it'll be sweat city for all Carlton fans over the next three weeks.

Back