Prediction Which two teams will finish 7th and 8th in 2022?

Which team finishes in 8th position in 2022?

• Carlton

• Richmond

• Bulldogs

• St Kilda

• Port Adelaide

• Gold Coast

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers and Dogs

Tigers should never of let it got to this. They should be locked in.
Yep. IMO we will drop 1-2 from here and miss, but it should not have got to this, we will rue all those coughed up leads and close losses.

If there's any positivity it's that at least our destiny is just about in our own hands now, we win 4 games and we are in IMO as I don't see the Saints beating all of Geelong, Brisbane and Sydney consecutively who will all likely be playing to obtain home finals or top 4.

Surely Carlton will win atleast one of those games and even if they don't I can't see Richmond beating both Lions and Power (away). Nor can I see Saints winning 2 or their last 3. Dogs to win out and finish 7th with Blues holding on in 8th to face Pies for 2nd week in a row at the MCG during an EF which will be huge!

At the conclusion of round 20:

7. Carlton 12-7 112.6% (Brisbane, Melbourne, Collingwood)
8. St Kilda 11-8 104.3% (Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney)
9. Richmond 10-8-1 111.6% (Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Essendon)
10. Bulldogs 10-9 109.4% (Fremantle, GWS, Hawthorn)
11. Gold Coast 9-10 103.2% (Hawthorn, Geelong, North Melbourne)
12. Port Adelaide 8-11 104.7% (Richmond, Essendon, Adelaide)

Who takes it?

Probably Richmond at this stage. They have an easy run home. Saints have Geelong, Brisbane and Sydney.
Given their respective draws and ladder positions, Richmond may actually finish 7th ahead of Carlton. Only 1.5 wins between them now and the Blues have Brisbane, Melbourne & Collingwood and will go in as underdogs in all three of those games whereas Richmond have Port, Hawthorn & Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like if Richmond beat Port next week, we are favourites for 8th.
Could do. Port pushed Geelong all the way at Adelaide Oval last week so it's not like they can't play high level footy at that venue. Plus, Port will go into the Tigers game knowing that they are mathematically still alive should they beat Richmond.

For the onlooker who wants the most chaos possible, you're looking for Brisbane to beat Carlton, Geelong to beat St Kilda, Port Adelaide to beat Richmond, Fremantle to beat the Bulldogs and Gold Coast to beat Hawthorn next week. That would mean 8-11th will all be within one win of each other with 7th just one win ahead of 8th and 12th two wins behind 8th, keeping all teams mathematically alive for the final fortnight of the season. Then we get a two-week shootout to finish the season.

Could do. Port pushed Geelong all the way at Adelaide Oval last week so it's not like they can't play high level footy at that venue. Plus, Port will go into the Tigers game knowing that they are mathematically still alive should they beat Richmond.

For the onlooker who wants the most chaos possible, you're looking for Brisbane to beat Carlton, Geelong to beat St Kilda, Port Adelaide to beat Richmond, Fremantle to beat the Bulldogs and Gold Coast to beat Hawthorn next week. That would mean 8-11th will all be within one win of each other with 7th just one win ahead of 8th and 12th two wins behind 8th, keeping all teams mathematically alive for the final fortnight of the season. Then we get a two-week shootout to finish the season.
I'm hoping the Cats do their job against the Saints and then Richmond's season is entirely in our hands, win out and we make finals guaranteed.

Knowing you are mathematically alive is different from knowing you are alive though. They have lost twice since they went into that Geelong game. They would now need Richmond, St Kilda and The Bulldogs to lose out. The Dogs still play GWS so its not happening. Having said that our first half today was some of the worst footy Ive ever seen, so if we play like that Port will thump us.

I've got St Kilda getting 8th with a loss @ Geelong, then wins at home vs Brisbane and Sydney. Sydney game Swans will be locked into 3rd already after winning the next 2 so they will rest some players.
With the pre finals bye, I highly doubt teams will be resting players and flirt with form. AFL stamped this out when Freo tanked in last round of 2013 and North in last round 2015.

Really hard to get a read on Collingwood. Their percentage isn’t great, but they just keep doing enough. Whether that can translate to more I don’t know. Geelong and Sydney most likely go all the way to a PF. I think it’ll one of this combination;

(Most likely)
Geelong v Melbourne
Geelong v Collingwood
Geelong v Sydney

(Less likely)
Melbourne v Collingwood
Melbourne v Sydney
Collingwood v Sydney

Back