Prediction Which two teams will finish 7th and 8th in 2022?

Which team finishes in 8th position in 2022?

• Carlton

• Richmond

• Bulldogs

• St Kilda

• Port Adelaide

• Gold Coast

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danw0w

Cancelled
Footy Club Survivor 1: Adelaide Voter
Feb 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
We haven’t beaten Richmond since 2014. 12 straight games. I doubt we start now with nothing to play for vs a Richmond side desperate to make finals.
If there was ever a time for you guys to break the streak though..

If rich and the dogs win next week and st kilda and carlton dont win before round 23 (which i think is likely) then 7th and 8th will be live on the last weekend of the season.
Richmond should win their last 2 and get 7th, if the dogs win both and carlton dont win again they should overtake carl on % and get 8th (unless saints win their last 2 which is unlikely).

I reckon dogs will beat hawks and have 8th spot on sunday arvo then carlton will need to beat coll or st kilda to beat sydney later that day to take 8th off them-should be exciting.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think all the teams in the top 8 now will make the finals. Richmond in a really good position to make it and I think Carlton will win at least one of their last three remaining games which would cement their spot in the top 8.

We can count out the dogs

Blues will make it and 1 of saints/tigers

Dogs are still likely if they miss their last 2 and carl lose all 3 as they will overtake carlton on %. Carl still need to win 1 of their last 3 to get in and they have 3 tough games. Saints will have a tough ask getting in but 2 marvel games helps.

I think all the teams in the top 8 now will make the finals. Richmond in a really good position to make it and I think Carlton will win at least one of their last three remaining games which would cement their spot in the top 8.

Carl will do well if they get in as bris away melb and coll are tough opponents.

If Carlton don't win any of their last three games, they don't deserve to be there.

I agree but honestly i think they lose them all and finish 9th unless they get all their injured guys back next week. They probably have to beat coll in r23 to stay in-that will be huge.

Quite an ironic scenario given all we heard from Carlton supporters after we beat them earlier in the season was how much they were looking forward to the rematch in round 23 where they would knock Collingwood out of finals contention.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

How times have changed!

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I've got St Kilda getting 8th with a loss @ Geelong, then wins at home vs Brisbane and Sydney. Sydney game Swans will be locked into 3rd already after winning the next 2 so they will rest some players.
Why would a team rest players players in rd 23 with the pre finals bye? Do you really want to have your best players take 2 weeks off before playing a game where a win gives you another week off?

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Why would a team rest players players in rd 23 with the pre finals bye? Do you really want to have your best players take 2 weeks off before playing a game where a win gives you another week off?
Rest as in not play players with a little niggle that would usually get jabbed up to play

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Quite an ironic scenario given all we heard from Carlton supporters after we beat them earlier in the season was how much they were looking forward to the rematch in round 23 where they would knock Collingwood out of finals contention.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:
Must say I’m no Collingwood lover however if it comes down to the pies winning that last game to knock the blues out, I’ll be sitting next to joffa in the pies cheer squad.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Are you his parole officer?
Actually come to think of it I haven’t seen him at the footy for a while, is he in the big house? Well in that case I’ll just be in there with all your other nuff nuffs.
Might even make it a life lesson for my 7 yr old boy, what can happen to you if you don’t concentrate at school.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually come to think of it I haven’t seen him at the footy for a while, is he in the big house? Well in that case I’ll just be in their with all your other nuff nuffs.
Might even make it a life lesson for my 7 yr old boy, what can happen to you if you don’t concentrate at school.
You become a refined, well mannered gentleman?

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope tigers finish 8th and play Dees 5th. Dees are a real chance to drop out of the top 4 now. Would be a spicy EF and I’d be ok just winning that final for the rest of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hope tigers finish 8th and play Dees 5th. Dees are a real chance to drop out of the top 4 now. Would be a spicy EF and I’d be ok just winning that final for the rest of the season.
Richmond are now looking very likely to finish 7th with Hawthorn and Essendon to round out their season. It seems like the Tigers will be heading to Queensland or WA to play either the Lions or Dockers in the first round of the finals.

It also looks very likely that the Bulldogs will finish ahead of Carlton on the ladder and that would mean the Blues will miss the finals. Carlton have Melbourne and Collingwood to finish the season, two games they should lose. Bulldogs have GWS and Hawthorn, two games that should be wins. Carlton are only 1.7% ahead of the Bulldogs right now so you'd think it's extremely likely the Dogs will have a superior percentage should they win their last two games and the Blues lose their last two games. It also looks extremely likely that Richmond will finish 7th after they play Hawthorn next week and Essendon the week after. Carlton will have to pull off a massive upset against the Dees or Pies otherwise it's curtains.

My prediction for 7th and 8th: Richmond and the Bulldogs.

Back