Which way for the pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sidebottom starts wing very important

Adams and Pendlebury are both starting mids.
Sidebottom isn't even our best wingman, lmao.

Pendlebury starts wherever he's needed. Has started half back and half forward.

You don't know anything about how our list works, that's understandable. But you also seemingly don't know anything about the age of your spine (30+), which is weird.

Beating Freo at the G is basically a gimme.
Agreed, except for your mob. But for a good team no doubt. I would have loved to have seen what the Tigers could have done, had they got passed Brisbane. Think we were in it up to our eye balls. Think we would have given a good account of ourselves given we didn't loose a game by more than a goal after round 6, and lost to the Cats by 3 points after they knocked out our best midfielder in the first quarter.

If de Goey leaves?
McStay an upmarket Jessie White...
I reckon JDG stays and the Pies relax on a few of the clauses in the contract which seem a bit absurd from what I have read on here but who knows what they actually are. For the AFLPA to come out publicly and criticize the Pies it says a bit.

I reckon JDG stays and the Pies relax on a few of the clauses in the contract which seem a bit absurd from what I have read on here but who knows what they actually are. For the AFLPA to come out publicly and criticize the Pies it says a bit.
AFLPA are as useful as **** on a bull. Remind me of a work union - a whole lot of bark and no bite.

FB - Maynard, Murphy, Howe
HB - Daicos, Moore, IQ
C - Sidey, Mitchell, Daicos
HF - McCreery, McStay, Elliott
FF - Ginnivan, Mihocek, Hill
R - Cameron, Crisp, JDG

Int - Noble, Lipinski, Murphy, Pendles

2023 premiers.
Our 2023 Captain, Taylor Adams, doesn't get a game?

Other players excluded from your best 22 - WHE, Cox, Johnson, Kreuger, Dean, Carmichael, Kelly. Other youngers that may take a leap in their 3rd or 4th years in the system - Poulter, McInnes, Macrae, Ruscoe.

How can they not again contend for a flag?

Last edited:
HB - Daicos, Moore, IQ
R - Cameron, Crisp, JDG

2023 premiers.

Got Murphy twice and that forwrad line isn't goint to worry to many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got Murphy twice and that forwrad line isn't goint to worry to many.
My bad. Replace Murphy on the bench with Taylor Adams or Ash Johnson then.

Forward line will be fine. Elliott, Ginnivan, McStay and Mihocek are all comfortably capable of kicking 30 each. We don’t need that one forward to kick 60-70, we’ve proven that.

Got no idea how I've left out Taylor Adams!
Other players excluded from your best 22 - WHE, Cox, Johnson, Kreuger, Dean, Carmichael, Kelly. Other youngers that may take a leap in their 3rd or 4th years in the system - Poulter, McInnes, Macrae, Ruscoe.
Pleasing thing is we have experienced depth going into 2023 on the back of the younger players stepping up and cementing their spot in the 22, so if we do see a drop off in form, there is quality that can come in and take their place.
Would take a big drop off in form or breakdown in Fly's gameplan for Collingwood not to be contending for another top 4 spot.

Its rarely ever your best 22 that gets through a whole season. Depth is vital.

Some big bodied KP players are pretty important too.

Pendlebury only runners up in the Copeland. Fair to say he really did have a reduced role.

HB - Daicos, Moore, IQ
R - Cameron, Crisp, JDG

2023 premiers.
That's a very good best 22, but geez you'd want your KPPs to remain fit and firing throughout the season.

If Cameron, Moore or Mihocek goes down for any significant period of time, you're buggered. (IMHO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back