Whinging about Kardinia Park being narrow. Keep it going, keep it going.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where? On top of the second busiest road in Geelong, the swimming pool, the netball courts, the cricket ground, or the local footy oval?
Yeah good luck telling St Mary's, the Geelong Cricket Club, AFL Barwon and the council that their facilities should be booted, not to mention the traders on Moorabool Street

What a load of crap. A good masterplan would’ve seen a more properly proportioned ground stadium with no hassles. Moorabool St may have even been better off for it. Extra width taken from a car park and not other facilities.

5A047904-AA11-4BA0-B140-5C936DAE50DD.png 8EF2987D-B0E0-4850-AF14-6157D6BFD1C1.png
Venue should be referred to as the kitty litter tray.

What a load of crap. A good masterplan would’ve seen a more properly proportioned ground stadium with no hassles. Moorabool St may have even been better off for it. Extra width taken from a car park and not other facilities.

View attachment 896448View attachment 896449
Venue should be referred to as the kitty litter tray.
Lol who designed that joint?
Look at that 'oval' on the left, ridiculous, and the netball courts are crooked. The pool is probably 55m.

That’s because your team didn’t sook it up and have excuses prepared like most teams do when they come here. You focussed on yourselves.
Geelong can learn from it also, just play footy.

It’s about attitude, not ground shape. Well done to Carlton and David Teague.
Re:bolded... remember that when you next play an MCG final.

This all reminds me of my beloved Pies from the era of the “Colliwobbles”. Had their home ground as an absolute fortress and would lose there only around once a year.
We had good teams, not great teams but we’d win at home all the time.
You’re bound to make finals if that happens.
But it’s what happens next that really matters.

That’s because your team didn’t sook it up and have excuses prepared like most teams do when they come here. You focussed on yourselves.
Geelong can learn from it also, just play footy.

It’s about attitude, not ground shape. Well done to Carlton and David Teague.

I largely agree, no one seemed to complain about Geelongs ground until the last decade or so.

We actually have a winning record down there overall too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I largely agree, no one seemed to complain about Geelongs ground until the last decade or so.

We actually have a winning record down there overall too!
No-one really complains about Geelong's home ground. It all stems from their whinging re: home finals.

This all reminds me of my beloved Pies from the era of the “Colliwobbles”. Had their home ground as an absolute fortress and would lose there only around once a year.
We had good teams, not great teams but we’d win at home all the time.
You’re bound to make finals if that happens.
But it’s what happens next that really matters.

Collingwood has made 42 or so grand finals in about 125 seasons of VFL/AFL footy. I'd say they were some decent teams. The term 'Colliwobbles' is reference made to their 8 straight losing GFs, particularly those in the 70s and 80s.

The most important facet of a home ground that provides the advantage is the home crowd, not necessarily the ground itself. This is what made Victoria Park intimidating to visiting teams.

Yes, KP is narrower than all other grounds in the AFL, but many outdoor arenas around the world provide different conditions and sizes. Even soccer pitches aren't standardised. FIFA rules state that dimensions of the marked football pitch be 90-120m in length, and 45-90m in width. There are many stadiums around the world that have different sized pitches, with those in South America typically larger per mtr/sq than those in Europe. The most important thing is that the length is greater than the width.

Scott also made the mistake of taking his opponent lightly.
Let’s use this game to get some match fitness into Steven.
The porker was never ready for AFL football ...
Suspect you are right, but why on earth take Carlton lightly? You could/should have beaten Melbourne and went close against Richmond.

Only problem with Kardinia Park is the lack of a wing on the Moorabool Street side of the ground, no issues with the dimensions and shape which are close to the dimensions of Adelaide Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back