Scape Goat Whipping Boy - vacancies available

Who is your choice as our next whipping boy?

• Shane Kersten

• Tommy Sheridan

• Cam McCarthy

• Lee Spurr

• Michael Johnson

• Griffin Logue

• Garrick Ibbotson

• Brad Hill

• Joel Hamling

• Hayden Crozier

• Matthew Taberner

• Cam Sutcliffe

• Other (please specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Schultz has definitely stepped up as a contender but Tabs still has nose in front with those standard two bumbled marks a game can be relied on for them.

Unfortunately he seems to make clangers at critical times in games but like what he brings and still have him in the side.

Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley Bewley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw on Reddit that a few people are trying to make Cox into a whipping boy.

Weirdly, I don’t mind what Brennan gets up to. Obviously every tall who let that mutant Dixon just rip us a new hole in the second needs to have a good, hard look at themselves, but Cox’s stats stack up and he seems to play at a different pace to everyone else. That often looks worse than it is.

I am off Bewley. He’s the king of the wrong option.

At quarter time I thought Taberner had finally turned the corner.

I was wrong.

Top Three atm for mine are:
1. Taberner
2. Duman
3. Banfield

I could never understand the calls to drop Banfield. He's literally our only forward who can stop the ball streaming out of our F50 on the turnover. It showed yesterday. Basically, Freo picked a team yesterday where every time the ball went forward it had to be a goal. That's just nonsense.

I think giving our backline a bake for failing to repel the s**t-ton of easy ball streaming out of the middle is a bit rugged. Especially given they are playing without Hammer and Moose.

That said, you are right. Ryan is down on form. I am not convinced he has the base fitness required.

Colyer is surely the whipping boy of choice. There's no point being stupidly fast if all you are going to do is over-run the pill.

I can't see this being a popular opinion, but aside from Fyfe's couple of marks yesterday I was really frustrated watching his man get off the chain and cut us up out of stoppages while he stood there flat footed.

As well as Fyfe's tiny little dinky handpasses to teammates with opposition hot on their tails so they get run down. A shepherd or 2 would't go astray. Just bad decision making.

Matera, 28 now, came back fat in 2020. Was fairly ripped at the beginning of 2019. Seems disinterested. I remember him kicking 22 goals in ten games for GC. I remember him averaging about 16 touches a game for us. Is it just him playing deeper now? He battles to get 6 touches. Hard to kick a bag when you can't get the football.

Maybe we were just spoilt having Sonny and Ballas as our small forwards for so long.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back