Scape Goat Whipping Boy - vacancies available

Who is your choice as our next whipping boy?

• Shane Kersten

• Tommy Sheridan

• Cam McCarthy

• Lee Spurr

• Michael Johnson

• Griffin Logue

• Garrick Ibbotson

• Brad Hill

• Joel Hamling

• Hayden Crozier

• Matthew Taberner

• Cam Sutcliffe

• Other (please specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Height is my main attribute for whipping boy.

The bigger they are, more exertion is required to get a good coverage of welts. So on that basis, I'd kinda like to retain Ballas as preferred whipping boy, even if he gets all of the brownlow, coleman and the norm smith this year.

Hughes is mine... Coyler is a chance but playing well enough atm. Conca would have been on some people’s radars, and banfield did himself no favours from last weeks game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it’s unfair to have a whipping boy that’s currently out injured so after tonight, step forward Conca!

Seriously...he’s going to make me die of a heart attack with his “skills.”

Conca certainly made a bid for promotion during the third quarter. Personally I think in the modern age we really should have a whipping group rather than expecting one player to carry the burden on his own.

That would then free up spots for a number of purveyors of the clanger to step up. And of course where we find a player lapsing and showing consistently good skills, they can be booted from the group and replaced by whoever is currently showing form as a butcher.

I thought conca was ok last week against the saints when fyfe went down.
Hes kick to handball ratio is way too lopsided. Hes an average kick at best but i suspect his been given a licence by ross to look inside.
I think we need his toughness in the side but hes just gotta go by hand a lot more cause his kicking is so so.

Colyer's clanger per disposal rate is leading the league, he's had 67 disposals for 16 clangers.

Conca (who has value) isn't far behind him either, but probably needs to play further up the ground t minimise the damage he causes from turnovers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it’s unfair to have a whipping boy that’s currently out injured so after tonight, step forward Conca!

Seriously...he’s going to make me die of a heart attack with his “skills.”

I knew nothing of Conca from his Richmond playing days but from the games I have seen him play for Freo, he has coughed up some shocking unforced and costly turnovers. I thought I was being overly critical of one of our new guys, but it appears he is known for it. I am hoping he does enough other good things to make up for it.

Can anyone remember a single player who's been traded in that made an immediate impact?

D. Pearce doesn't count because he reverted to Bog average fairly quickly.

Even Hamlings first couple of games were average before he cemented himself in the squad.

Can anyone remember a single player who's been traded in that made an immediate impact?

Even Hamlings first couple of games were average before he cemented himself in the squad.
Take a look at Josh Kennedy, Cripps, Yea, Redden down the road - all various degrees of average for the first few seasons.

Mayne at Collingwood. Barlow at Suns.

It takes time to integrate into a new team.

Brad hill did win a best and fairest his first year. Bit of a Bradbury victory tho.

Tony Modra.

71 goals from 20 games in 1999. We only won 5 games that season.

Reckon Wilson should be in line for this after his putrid start to the season. Hope Ross sends him to Peel Thunder for a few weeks and makes him earn his spot again. Bring in Nyhuis and see how he fares in the team. Yeah Conca ****ed up and it was a bad one at that, I don't see him doing it often and he's been relatively serviceable for us so far as well as Colyer. But Wilson needs to pull his ******* head in. Langdon would have been up for grabs too but he was ok last night.

Back