Scape Goat Whipping Boy - vacancies available

Who is your choice as our next whipping boy?

• Shane Kersten

• Tommy Sheridan

• Cam McCarthy

• Lee Spurr

• Michael Johnson

• Griffin Logue

• Garrick Ibbotson

• Brad Hill

• Joel Hamling

• Hayden Crozier

• Matthew Taberner

• Cam Sutcliffe

• Other (please specify in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 2, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NUFC , Pistons , Lions
Job Description:
Generally run around try hard, do some good things that rarely get noticed but stuff up with enough regularity to cause audible groans that can be heard from the International Space Station.

Not sure Colyer satisfies the criteria of actually doing "some good things" Yesterday was below whipping boy standards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
Not sure Colyer satisfies the criteria of actually doing "some good things" Yesterday was below whipping boy standards

I suppose that criteria is over more than one game. He has his better moments, but he got a lot wrong yesterday no doubt about that.

He was 'exhibit A' in how to look busy but get nothing done on the footy field. He was so sloppy and panicky with ball in hand, lots of them were, but he was right up there. Did his whipping boy credentials no harm at all that's for sure.

Im going full hipster and say Cerra will be back in victoria in a few years carving up for his beloved *insert ******* vic team*.

Now they have built his body up they need to get him running. Hes clearly not aerobically fit enough to play midfield at the moment and i reckon he has lost a step of pace as well due to the bulking that has occurred.

As a result of the above his skills level has significantly deteriorated.

Colyer, Brayshaw or the invisible Nathan Wilson. Take your pick really.

Brayshaw is quickly building himself a case as a second coming of Rhys Palmer.

Completely disagree on Wilson and someone else mentioned Tucker which is an atrocious call.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
Brayshaw is quickly building himself a case as a second coming of Rhys Palmer.

Completely disagree on Wilson and someone else mentioned Tucker which is an atrocious call.
except Palmer's first year was so good he won the Rising Star.
Brayshaw didn't even get a nomination.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
except Palmer's first year was so good he won the Rising Star.
Brayshaw didn't even get a nomination.

as much as people love to rip into Palmer his first year and how he shouldn't have beaten Rioli - was a very well deserved Rising Star.

His ability to take the game on, his thirst for the contest, his lateral movement and speed was brilliant. Then he did his ACL and never got back his athletic ability.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Sometimes I think a lot of people have been doing too much "whipping the dripping" (Skyhooks), and love taking potshots.

Wilson - good player, below par so far this season, needs rocket.

Colyer - role player, will be out for Blakely.

Brad Hill - good player, but he definitely has days looking like a lazy battery car, …. chug, chug, spriiiiiiiiiiint, chug, chug.

Brayshaw, maybe I need to join the umps at OPSM, but to me he seems to be working hard at the coalface. Remember he isalso rebuilding his confidence, on the job.

My whipping goes to the forward talls, separate, separate, separate !!!!, stop competing with each other. Draw the defenders apart, yep, one leads down the guts, the other to a flank.

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
The negative nelly in me keeps popping up with the name Griffin Logue for this thread. Don’t know why, he has shown a bit. But geez it’s been a slow burn and when I look at the Oli Florents and Sam Powell-Peppers of the world that could be stocking my club’s underperforming midfield, my scapegoat senses start tingling.

Frigate

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Colyer runs fast and gets in the right position to get the ball and kicks or handpasses poorly - he has to go...oh wait, most of our players do that. We have many talls that cannot kick the ball and handpass under pressure to cough it up - that is fine.

Seriously, Colyer is not a whipping boy - he just needs to get skills right at his age. The Freo pressure mobile - it is hard to be liked. Was Tony Modra liked? or was he too much Adelaide? I liked him ..I loved him actually - it was love - love of football genius, how else could you describe it? but he was still a whipping boy. When does it end Freo. Maybe when we start looking at the improvement players can make, rather than the problems - we can move forward. I remember both Pavlich and Sandi being whipping boys at one point.

I will make a suggestion. When so called supporters keep persisting with the same grudge against one or two players, we need to whip back. It is not acceptable anymore. They hear and it ruins our team. We need to start stopping the supporters that are negative twats. They are not supporters - they are dh. Do not get me wrong, we all have negative perceptions about some of our players at times-but not all the time - STOP THE ROT in this vendetta to get rid of high profile players and coaches.

You win some you lose some. We have lost on quite a few, we have won on others. I think in the past 3 years, finally a plan is showing WINNING results, and our team is building. Somehow, just some bloody hell can a few of you negative cohort just look at where we are, and what we can become without ruining it.

STOP THE NEGATIVE PRICKS! I promise our team will play better, we need to applaud more. We are above expectation this year.

What is WINNING? It is is showing up and giving effort for the majority of the game. Even when we lose, we can be WINNING. last year was terrible. We have improved so much from there we are close to be considered a chance at finals - but do not put your house on it - would you? What do you expect this team is capable at best? 8th would be an amazing result IMO.

Last edited:
Back