Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another idea of the recruiting strategy. Living in Fremantle, the yuppy dual income, dual yacht, second round of kids brigade have come in big time into the area in the last few years...One of the demographics that Hine mines...

Anyway, Fremantle is an old area and the houses are old and the yuppy so love them except for the actual structures and the facilities involved, so come the good weather, they renovate......but they dont do the renovation, they are too busy with the mocca lattes and the rest of their stuff. They hire the tradies to do it...

So at this point in time, I am surrounded by tradies banging hammers and shouting their heads off and listening to men at work on the radio....and singing along...

So if you followed my line of thinking here, I think Dekka should be hitting the building sites around the country, looking for brainless yobo big beefy retro bogun mongrels. I would put a quid on it that the current batch around me includes a centre half forward that could drop a carlton backman by quarter-time...

It's a goldmine
Some old/nice architecture in Freo. Love the prison and arts centre. Other bits remind me of inner suburban Melbourne, Collingwood even. The inner city scene of Freo is like a blend of Brunswick St and Smith St in the 90's. Yuppie restaurants, trendy art galleries and the edginess that appeals to a twenty/thirty something. Plenty of mongrels around. I wouldn't bother with the tradies, they are all Kyle Martins making too much to care about a footy career. Talked to a bloke today, his apprentice on big diesel made 100K+ this year.

Some old/nice architecture in Freo. Love the prison and arts centre. Other bits remind me of inner suburban Melbourne, Collingwood even. The inner city scene of Freo is like a blend of Brunswick St and Smith St in the 90's. Yuppie restaurants, trendy art galleries and the edginess that appeals to a twenty/thirty something. Plenty of mongrels around. I wouldn't bother with the tradies, they are all Kyle Martins making too much to care about a footy career. Talked to a bloke today, his apprentice on big diesel made 100K+ this year.

Fremantle is just a facade. Most of the old town towards the round house has been disemboweled with the front wall kept intact. Behind are the yuppie offices and of course, Notre Dame Uni, given by Bishop Brian Bourke to the catholics in his role as a previous premier of this state. He was later given an indulgence or a free entry to heaven by the pope.....and the catholics end up owning half of Freo and dont pay any rates for the privilege....

Which is ironic considering the convict history of the place...

As for the tradies, I've gone off them. I think they work less than the irish and I agree that they would blow the salary cap...

There needs to be a word said on developments in Pendlebury's future coaching career. I think everyone now knows that he is going to be a midfield coach under Matthew Lloyd at Hailmary College...

Hailmary is a little different from your usual elite religious schools around Melbourne. This one is more of a business - even compared to the catholics who are at the forefront of membership drives and real estate - and its role is to educate rich kids. Not that I'm saying that they'll only take rich kids, but I doubt that your normal low-socio economic family of 12 kids will be able to make the $0.5million in total fees, although the school might give a bulk discount.

I'd be interested to find out what Pendles is angling at. Clearly he is lacking in all that empathetic stuff that the modern footballer is aching for. He might be trying to re-educate himself into actually caring for younger players - as he hasnt demonstrated much of that quality over the years.

I think he'll be a good candidate for the pies position in future years if we get some reasonably adequately intelligent mongrels who have been weaned off the nipple, but it would seem that Pendles is going to try to figure out how to coach mummy's boys under lloydy... I dont like his chances. He'll probably be able to get them to understand all his game plans but they'll wimp at it when the going gets tough. And they'll give up and try something easier.

Not that I'm saying Pendles is a relic of the past, as he's never been one to commit himself to hurting opponents, but he's still a bit old school for the current generation. I'll be interested in his future career.

There needs to be a word said on developments in Pendlebury's future coaching career. I think everyone now knows that he is going to be a midfield coach under Matthew Lloyd at Hailmary College...

Hailmary is a little different from your usual elite religious schools around Melbourne. This one is more of a business - even compared to the catholics who are at the forefront of membership drives and real estate - and its role is to educate rich kids. Not that I'm saying that they'll only take rich kids, but I doubt that your normal low-socio economic family of 12 kids will be able to make the $0.5million in total fees, although the school might give a bulk discount.

I'd be interested to find out what Pendles is angling at. Clearly he is lacking in all that empathetic stuff that the modern footballer is aching for. He might be trying to re-educate himself into actually caring for younger players - as he hasnt demonstrated much of that quality over the years.

I think he'll be a good candidate for the pies position in future years if we get some reasonably adequately intelligent mongrels who have been weaned off the nipple, but it would seem that Pendles is going to try to figure out how to coach mummy's boys under lloydy... I dont like his chances. He'll probably be able to get them to understand all his game plans but they'll wimp at it when the going gets tough. And they'll give up and try something easier.

Not that I'm saying Pendles is a relic of the past, as he's never been one to commit himself to hurting opponents, but he's still a bit old school for the current generation. I'll be interested in his future career.
I don't think coaching the Natimuk Rams for two years with no wins makes for a good bio. I am more concerned he is taking time away from extra training & match prep. Has one foot out the door already.

I don't think coaching the Natimuk Rams for two years with no wins makes for a good bio. I am more concerned he is taking time away from extra training & match prep. Has one foot out the door already.

It's a good point. I heard that David Warner wanted to retire from test cricket in a year.....and I thought to myself, "youre gone already"

I bet we'll have some players putting in applications to train at home this year.

You've both missed the must disgusting point. He's going to work with and presumably talk to Matthew Lloyd...it's beyond the pale.

You've both missed the must disgusting point. He's going to work with and presumably talk to Matthew Lloyd...it's beyond the pale.

You know pendles.....he's very strategic. That being said, I still dont think we'll be able to use him, unless he somehow finds a way to learn how to be empathetic....

Maybe he got confused. Lloyd will teach him to be pathetic. Maybe he misread the advertisement.

My christmas present to my many fans...

I can’t believe any Daicos should make this thread but Senior should have produced plenty more than two.

That's an impressive point of view... it probably means we could extend our tenticles or whips to anyone in history...

I still don't know how Jock McHale lost 10 grand finals....useless

As people are probably aware, I'm always looking for scientific reasons why some of our players are just .....well.....hopeless. For example, I'd been telling the brown brothers that they were hopeless for years but then the sheep dog responded to his delisting as a "shock". It amazes me that a player who is so obviously hopeless can be shocked by being delisted.

Now I have the answer. It's called reverse imposter syndrome. Some people have feelings of inadequacy and psych's as part of their campaign to make more money, have called that imposter syndrome. Now we know the Browns have the reverse of that. You can put the Kelly kid in that bin as well. The three of them have a syndrome where they think they are competent footballers. There is no factual basis for their beliefs and it's very difficult to convince them of the truth. We just need to delist them and cast them out and not talk to them and evidently they will get over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The envy generated by the accomplishments of this thread is astonishing....but we will push on to the decades ahead...

Just a point of order. When we refer to Brodie Grundee has soy boy....we are refering to the sauce that he likes on his sushi... Just irresponsibile to use something so salty in an athlete's diet...

The envy generated by the accomplishments of this thread is astonishing....but we will push on to the decades ahead...

Just a point of order. When we refer to Brodie Grundee has soy boy....we are refering to the sauce that he likes on his sushi... Just irresponsibile to use something so salty in an athlete's diet...
This thread is a disappointment to me. It is well time, or will be in a matter of hours, for Jmac to get off the beers and start a new thread. Ideally with some decent points of order.

I have tried to educate appropriate focus on a key whipping boy. I realise you mob are beyond education and just want to whip anyone at the pies. Now you are like a jockey whipping their opponent's horse: not likely to win the race. Grundy does not play for Collingwood. Irrespective of what names we call him the only useful reference of Grundy is as an example to our chosen whipping boy of what might happen unless they shape up. I am all for Brody being irresponsible, no need for us to draw attention to it.

This thread is a disappointment to me. It is well time, or will be in a matter of hours, for Jmac to get off the beers and start a new thread. Ideally with some decent points of order.

I have tried to educate appropriate focus on a key whipping boy. I realise you mob are beyond education and just want to whip anyone at the pies. Now you are like a jockey whipping their opponent's horse: not likely to win the race. Grundy does not play for Collingwood. Irrespective of what names we call him the only useful reference of Grundy is as an example to our chosen whipping boy of what might happen unless they shape up. I am all for Brody being irresponsible, no need for us to draw attention to it.

About the only people you seem to whip in this thread, are people posting in the thread. I've looked at my performance objectively and I'm beyound reproach

About the only people you seem to whip in this thread, are people posting in the thread. I've looked at my performance objectively and I'm beyound reproach
Some people are born to mop floors, some are born to tell the moppers how to mop. I've tried my best but clearly from your post it's the old you can lead a horse to water situation. Anyway, as the hours tick down on another historic year for the pies, sans as usal a GF, I wish all you moppers a happy new year and encourage you to consider your resolutions. Something like "I resolve to focus on WHE in 2023 as he is the perfect whipping boy" would be a good start.

It's sad really how the pies fans continually dig into Hoskin-Elliott for the smallest mistake meanwhile Cooked Sidebottom gets a free ride it's just sad he was more impactful than Ash Johnson , Checkers (not really his fault he had been harbouring an injury all finals) and one of my other favorites Beau McCreery

I would like to propose WHE as winner of the Blair Memorial trophy in 2022. Without getting bogged down in justification, WHE played 24 games. That is a whole lot of failures. You mob might put forward the browns or Grundy but fact is they didn't fail near that many times. WHE was also the most common out in selection threads each week. This is a key attribute of a whipping boy, as exemplified by the great J. Blair himself.

On another note could someone please start the 2023 thread. There are some pressing issues to deal with which can't wait until Jmac sobers up in March. Not looking at anyone Markfs.

It's sad really how the pies fans continually dig into Hoskin-Elliott for the smallest mistake meanwhile Cooked Sidebottom gets a free ride it's just sad he was more impactful than Ash Johnson , Checkers (not really his fault he had been harbouring an injury all finals) and one of my other favorites Beau McCreery
I thought Sidebottom was cooked also but he had a pretty good year last season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back