Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

The end of an era.... the small sheepdog has gone into the sunset.... like red dog hopping out of the truck cab one last time and trotting off into the wide australian outback never to return.... please never return...

It will take some time to comes to terms with his loss. One of the original targets post blair... People were always complaining that he was played out of position and they were right. He should have played midfield for the VFL for the last half dozen years.

vale canem rubrum

The end of an era.... the small sheepdog has gone into the sunset.... like red dog hopping out of the truck cab one last time and trotting off into the wide australian outback never to return.... please never return...

It will take some time to comes to terms with his loss. One of the original targets post blair... People were always complaining that he was played out of position and they were right. He should have played midfield for the VFL for the last half dozen years.

vale canem rubrum
You've lost some of your best material.

You've lost some of your best material.

Its all too much after the passing of the queen. The sense of loss....

His hang dog looks.....the way he used to jump from opposition player to opposition player rarely getting to tackle them but always enthusiastic. His 40 metre kicks. That enthusiasm that he shares with the Madge. He wont be forgotten in this thread.

He kept his hair neat and tidy. Nothing extreme. He had no mongrel in him but you wouldnt expect that from a red dog...oh well.

Its all too much after the passing of the queen. The sense of loss....

His hang dog looks.....the way he used to jump from opposition player to opposition player rarely getting to tackle them but always enthusiastic. His 40 metre kicks. That enthusiasm that he shares with the Madge. He wont be forgotten in this thread.

He kept his hair neat and tidy. Nothing extreme. He had no mongrel in him but you wouldnt expect that from a red dog...oh well.

40 metre kicks? That’s a stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will Kelly remains.... Craig must be sponsoring a function at the club later in the year. Maybe the club has thought that with north having no recruiting people, no-one there has been looking at VFL games....

I must admit that I would love to see Will Kelly in north colours playing alongside stevo...

Just when you thought the crazies have taken over the world, there's news that the AFL is banning music after goals....

Probably just a temporary measure until the "music at all times" crowd comes barging to tell us that we can't get excited unless our ears are in overload...

No, the year hasnt ended yet....

You know, I hear a lot about good decision makers and how some footballers are good decision makers....

well we know for sure now that ollie henry isnt a good decision maker.....jordan de goey isnt a good decision maker..... brodie grundy isnt a good decision maker..

so it's time for these guys to make decisions about their future. Whether they want to be losers or winners as the fly might say. Whether they want to crawl back to sleepy hollow or to the stuffy non-woke confines of the melbourne club or the laughable party-boy saints, or whether they want to have a footy career that will be remembered.

I think the club should be whipped for giving us such a good year, and then leaving us hanging on the futures of Grundy, Henry and JDG. The latter has had several contracts put in front of him, whisked away, and then returned with new clauses. What is he waiting for now?

Such a disappointing way to end our season. Is it Wright’s fault? I need someone to blame, so that I can feel better about myself, and it might as well be him. Sadly, I can’t blame Edie anymore, although I’m sure he’s had something to do with it.

As I’m more important than the players involved, and my needs override the intricate negotiations of list management, I demand an immediate resolution.

But the other reason is the cautionary tale of Smokin Joe Daniher who has deserted his team-mates to go and hold his wife's hand. As we all know, Players get two opportunities in the baby stakes. The first is letting the missus do the birthing thing while you stay somewhere in the country - playing footy and awaiting results. THe other opportunity is to refrain from sex with the wife over the new year's period..... now I'm not saying refrain from sex, as Wayne Carey most ably demonstrated, but to refrain from unprotected sex with the wife. Do players have any self control these days? Not that Joe cares too much. He still gets paid and he can share a few jokes with the doctors to keep himself amused. Ironically, if the Bears win, they might realise that Joe is part of the choking problem and will probably tell him to stay home and keep holding the baby....
I think we need to face facts that it's our whipping that has let the club down due to being ridiculously soft. We've really fallen behind the more successful clubs.

Why are you suggesting that he should be allowed to see his wife or baby?

I think the club should be whipped for giving us such a good year, and then leaving us hanging on the futures of Grundy, Henry and JDG. The latter has had several contracts put in front of him, whisked away, and then returned with new clauses. What is he waiting for now?

Such a disappointing way to end our season. Is it Wright’s fault? I need someone to blame, so that I can feel better about myself, and it might as well be him. Sadly, I can’t blame Edie anymore, although I’m sure he’s had something to do with it.

As I’m more important than the players involved, and my needs override the intricate negotiations of list management, I demand an immediate resolution.

All fair comments. I usually blame the ABC for most things these days....but sometimes i like to narrow it down..

It's surprising to me that the club hasn't threatened the players in some way. ... I'm sure they would all thank the club later.

I think we need to face facts that it's our whipping that has let the club down due to being ridiculously soft. We've really fallen behind the more successful clubs.

Why are you suggesting that he should be allowed to see his wife or baby?

SR SR SR... i've been loyal to you over the journey but i'm gonna have to take the jordan lewis strategy on this one..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All fair comments. I usually blame the ABC for most things these days....but sometimes i like to narrow it down..

It's surprising to me that the club hasn't threatened the players in some way. ... I'm sure they would all thank the club later.

I think the ABC might be involved. I’ll look into it and get back to you.

i wanted to put in a word for robbie tosser williams before he destroys a grand final....

The Gil and the Tosser of all Tossers were preening on 360 about getting Robbie Tosser. A big star, they said.....I choked. They missed out on the bit "...about 20 years ago"...Its one thing to be an arrogant tosser and quite another to be an arrogant has-been tosser...

obviously kylie wanted no part of him...i'm sure the tosser molested her during their past meetings. It makes my blood boil....

lets hope the tosser does it for the kids and keeps his time on stage short....

vale canem rubrum
As a classical linguist, I object deeply: should be Vale Canis Rufus! Should be using the vocative, not the accusative tense and 'rubrum' is a frigging joke, mate!

On the other hand, I like the cut and thrust of your post. Glad to see the back of him and hope his weakness turns out to be contagious to any other clubmates he might seek to betray the glorious black & white for!

As a classical linguist, I object deeply: should be Vale Canis Rufus! Should be using the vocative, not the accusative tense and 'rubrum' is a frigging joke, mate!

On the other hand, I like the cut and thrust of your post. Glad to see the back of him and hope his weakness turns out to be contagious to any other clubmates he might seek to betray the glorious black & white for!

well i dont use latin often. I presume that you're a catholic and I hope your've recovered.....either that or you're a lawyer and there's no hope.

And thanks for the support

florry picass

Rather than whip Tyler and Cal whip Gavin for not training them as hard as Peter. If you listen to Daics he left absolutely no stone unturned to train them in all weather and in all types of situations. Gav was obviously doing a bit too much assistant coaching for our rivals. You can also whip Peter Moore for only having 1 son and not giving us more KPs.

Rather than whip Tyler and Cal whip Gavin for not training them as hard as Peter. If you listen to Daics he left absolutely no stone unturned to train them in all weather and in all types of situations. Gav was obviously doing a bit too much assistant coaching for our rivals. You can also whip Peter Moore for only having 1 son and not giving us more KPs.

Gavin seemed to run out of magpie steam when he moved to coach at carlton. He lost his way. The sons probably needed a bit of encouragement at the time and he was feeling sorry for himself.... its a tragic story really, foggy.

Peter Moore went off the rails after he got his brownlow with the pies and he got it into his head that he had hamstring problems because he was playing with us....I dont know what he held against us... the cheer squad even made a banner for him when we played melbourne... rumour has it that he swore off sex soon after the birth of darcy, because someone mentioned that his son would play for the pies....go figure...

two broken men...

well i dont use latin often. I presume that you're a catholic and I hope your've recovered.....either that or you're a lawyer and there's no hope.

And thanks for the support

florry picass
Not guilty, M'Lud, on either count.

Do better in future, though.

geez i thought I had a bad back. The swans left their spines back at home today. What a bunch of gutless wimps. There was a heap of "hello boys" waves from the players as they ran through contests and missed the ball....ooops sowwy...

buddy had an idea how crap he would be, by signing up for another year before the game.....lock that one in eddie!!! cha-ching...anothe wad of cash into the till...

isaac heeney who is a poster boy for the mardi gras decided that if he went in to get the ball, his movie career might be compromised....the thing that amazed me was that I couldnt even place him on my big screen and seven was taking some very very very wide shots....

did kylie turn up to sing with robbie or did she have to get ready to play in the swans midfield?...

Last edited:
I think it's time to block all milk deliveries to Geelong, so all those old blokes get osteoporosis.

is james hird doing some part time coaching down there? That was selwood kicking a checkside goal from 50 metres, wasnt it? 50 metres???? Joel normally has trouble outkicking the sheep dog...

as for that reid guy, I didnt like the original and the sequel was even worse..... the reid family must have very strong connections with the costas... they must have made em an offer they couldnt refuse...

is james hird doing some part time coaching down there? That was selwood kicking a checkside goal from 50 metres, wasnt it? 50 metres???? Joel normally has trouble outkicking the sheep dog...

as for that reid guy, I didnt like the original and the sequel was even worse..... the reid family must have very strong connections with the costas... they must have made em an offer they couldnt refuse...
Seeing 35 has been honoured for a player pulling out of a GF when not 100%. Number 20 should be completely removed from circulation due to two brothers putting their hand up to play in a GF with dodgy groins and then hobbling around all game like they've got Parkinsons. It might be time to remove their surname from circulation too.

Do you think Ben was too thick to realise that 35 tradition wasn't really about honouring Presti. It was about whipping Ben.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back