Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
You just don't get it. 187cm from a good family who had the wisdom to shag in March and thus give birth in December is close to 197cm, particularly if the kid is s**t at footy so didn't get picked to train in the elite pathways.

geez i was just making a simple guess. I know derek drafted blair as a tall with his secret growth projections.....slightly missing the target....but I was asking for a simple guess for draft day...

I know this is a bit more complicated than the word association thread, so if no one else wants to play, I'll just have to play with myself....I think derek will pick a 187 third tall backman...pseudo midfielder..

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
You may have noticed that the season has ended. Its difficult to whip players during a period when they are contracted to do nothing. Even guys like Will Kelly dont look out of place at the moment. We are currently putting together a best 22 to be whipped in round 1 2023, which will be rolled out in the coming weeks.
Fugger me, really? I missed that. Last time I looked we won the granny. WTF happened since then?
I do see the point of establishing a best 22 prior to whipping. I am concerned WHE won't make it according to some. Personally I think he will make a surprise and perfect whipping boy for 2023. I assume Blair is no longer an option?
geez i was just making a simple guess. I know derek drafted blair as a tall with his secret growth projections.....slightly missing the target....but I was asking for a simple guess for draft day...

I know this is a bit more complicated than the word association thread, so if no one else wants to play, I'll just have to play with myself....I think derek will pick a 187 third tall backman...pseudo midfielder..
I am encouraged this thread has moved away from the broader societies whipping boy - wokes - to Hine. That said, Hine doesn't actually make the 22, well he didn't last time I looked. We need to target actual players. On another matter Markfs, you know the impact of playing with oneself is blindness. Just sayin ... this maybe a reason you are misjudging height? Anyway mate, I am just down the road at Woodmans Point so keep it nice otherwide I am coming knocking on your door.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fugger me, really? I missed that. Last time I looked we won the granny. WTF happened since then?
I do see the point of establishing a best 22 prior to whipping. I am concerned WHE won't make it according to some. Personally I think he will make a surprise and perfect whipping boy for 2023. I assume Blair is no longer an option?

I am encouraged this thread has moved away from the broader societies whipping boy - wokes - to Hine. That said, Hine doesn't actually make the 22, well he didn't last time I looked. We need to target actual players. On another matter Markfs, you know the impact of playing with oneself is blindness. Just sayin ... this maybe a reason you are misjudging height? Anyway mate, I am just down the road at Woodmans Point so keep it nice otherwide I am coming knocking on your door.

Living in a van I hope and not your car.... there is always room for another transient in fremantle...

As for making guidelines for this thread, I suggest you can cast the whips in whatever direction you feel that they're warranted. We have had a long held view that the only way to win a premiership is to get more mongrels into the team. Mungbeans and wokes and manbuns have been a blight over the last few years, so I make no apologies for casting them out the door. I thought it was appropriate to throw Hiney into the ring in the last few days, as the draft season is an important step in his plan to form his own league playing only broken down and physically incapbable players.....a kind of special olympics AFL series.

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Living in a van I hope and not your car.... there is always room for another transient in fremantle...

As for making guidelines for this thread, I suggest you can cast the whips in whatever direction you feel that they're warranted. We have had a long held view that the only way to win a premiership is to get more mongrels into the team. Mungbeans and wokes and manbuns have been a blight over the last few years, so I make no apologies for casting them out the door. I thought it was appropriate to throw Hiney into the ring in the last few days, as the draft season is an important step in his plan to form his own league playing only broken down and physically incapbable players.....a kind of special olympics AFL series.
I am in the car parked outside your joint ... no, yes a van, with kids and wife to crowd me. I get your point about transients and Freeo. You might want to consider moving to Tassie, few transients and about to get our own team....

This long held view of more mongrels is misleading. Think of the great Mick Gayfer, how did that end. Or even the great bum pincher, Craig Kelly. Mongrels don't win premierships, dacoi do. Look at the effort you mob put into whipping the manbun into action and next moment he defects. If he plays well next year I am going to blame you mob.

As to Hine, I see he is varying from his big bodied slow mid blueprint. I do wonder if best available is now seen through the lens of the current coaching group which we all know are untouchable in terms of whipping. Either way I encourage you all to bring your visions back to WHE. How is his training going?

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
How about whipping the senior players who did not return early to training like Pendles and Steele did?

Foggy you can take the whips out and give those slackers a lashing...
Here again we have this misguided idea of generally whipping anyone that doesn't sit in the mob like herding a bunch of sheep. You are a bloodthirsty mob, obviously hankering for the convict days and a good whipping post with you at the helm. If you whip all and sundry you are liable for some sort of mutiny, a backlash to the general zeal for whipping. Pick someone, anyone, whip them. The rest then (a) are glad it is not them, (b) attribute their lack of being whipped to some sort of talent (rightly or wrongly) and (c) do everything they can to not be whipped or (d) feel guilty knowing it should be them being whipped and pull their finger out.
Now that I am a Freeo local I have visited the convict petitionary here, soft place as it is and recognised you lack a decent whipping post. I can see why the chief whip here might have been misguided. You need to get your rear end down to a real whipping place Markfs, being Port Arthur, and note a whipping post built for one, not the entire establishment.
WHE. Heir apparent McCreery or Cameron. Hine is a mere side diversion.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I am in the car parked outside your joint ... no, yes a van, with kids and wife to crowd me. I get your point about transients and Freeo. You might want to consider moving to Tassie, few transients and about to get our own team....

This long held view of more mongrels is misleading. Think of the great Mick Gayfer, how did that end. Or even the great bum pincher, Craig Kelly. Mongrels don't win premierships, dacoi do. Look at the effort you mob put into whipping the manbun into action and next moment he defects. If he plays well next year I am going to blame you mob.

As to Hine, I see he is varying from his big bodied slow mid blueprint. I do wonder if best available is now seen through the lens of the current coaching group which we all know are untouchable in terms of whipping. Either way I encourage you all to bring your visions back to WHE. How is his training going?

I wouldnt want to live in a place that would ridicule me for only having one head and two arms.

As for WHE, be my guest. I'd love to hear what you hate of him....

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Here again we have this misguided idea of generally whipping anyone that doesn't sit in the mob like herding a bunch of sheep. You are a bloodthirsty mob, obviously hankering for the convict days and a good whipping post with you at the helm. If you whip all and sundry you are liable for some sort of mutiny, a backlash to the general zeal for whipping. Pick someone, anyone, whip them. The rest then (a) are glad it is not them, (b) attribute their lack of being whipped to some sort of talent (rightly or wrongly) and (c) do everything they can to not be whipped or (d) feel guilty knowing it should be them being whipped and pull their finger out.
Now that I am a Freeo local I have visited the convict petitionary here, soft place as it is and recognised you lack a decent whipping post. I can see why the chief whip here might have been misguided. You need to get your rear end down to a real whipping place Markfs, being Port Arthur, and note a whipping post built for one, not the entire establishment.

we have been lectured by others on focusing on one player. I, for one, see a multitude of problem players. Life would be boring to just go on and on about the one player. You can allow all the players other than WHE to get away with slack behaviour which is stopping us winning a premiership. It's your choice, but it's not my choice. I cant just sit here and give will kelly, for example, a free ride for the season. I call myself a magpie supporter and I will act as such.

Only whip one of them? This is the most moronically spud like drivel I've read in my life. It makes no sense at all. The more I read it, the more disgusted I became. Where's your passion for the club. You're not a true supporter.

This pathetic attempt at a supporter goes to the footy and when one of our players spuds it up, he doesn't abuse them. When we're losing, he doesn't get stuck into Hine for drafting duds or the coaches for selecting them. By the sounds of it he doesn't even shred the scumps. WTF???????

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Only whip one of them? This is the most moronically spud like drivel I've read in my life. It makes no sense at all. The more I read it, the more disgusted I became. Where's your passion for the club. You're not a true supporter.

This pathetic attempt at a supporter goes to the footy and when one of our players spuds it up, he doesn't abuse them. When we're losing, he doesn't get stuck into Hine for drafting duds or the coaches for selecting them. By the sounds of it he doesn't even shred the scumps. WTF???????

It certainly requires a level of control in the passion for the club, that I'm incapable of displaying. Maybe its because we had a fairly successful home and away season that some people think we dont need to separate the weeds from the chaff right across the board..... well we only have to remember what happened in the finals.... and when I see pathetic efforts like that, how can a pie supporter not abuse the players? It's beyond me to keep my passions under control.

I accept that WHE is an ongoing problem that needs to be dealt with at the end of next year....but he wasnt the sole reason for the losses. The ongoing deficit of mongrelness is something all pies supporters can see. While it's natural to abuse the gutless players, doesn't Hine and Buckley share some of the blame for assembling such a horrendous list? Let me remind people that it's only 2 years since buckley left the building. The majority of the players on the current list were picked by buckley. It would be ridiculous not to continue to abuse him and hold him accountable. I would argue that he still deserves to be abused for the lasting effects of taking over from Malthouse. I've only overlooked that thorn in our side, in order to pursue more pressing issues for the club.

It certainly requires a level of control in the passion for the club, that I'm incapable of displaying. Maybe its because we had a fairly successful home and away season that some people think we dont need to separate the weeds from the chaff right across the board..... well we only have to remember what happened in the finals.... and when I see pathetic efforts like that, how can a pie supporter not abuse the players? It's beyond me to keep my passions under control.

I accept that WHE is an ongoing problem that needs to be dealt with at the end of next year....but he wasnt the sole reason for the losses. The ongoing deficit of mongrelness is something all pies supporters can see. While it's natural to abuse the gutless players, doesn't Hine and Buckley share some of the blame for assembling such a horrendous list? Let me remind people that it's only 2 years since buckley left the building. The majority of the players on the current list were picked by buckley. It would be ridiculous not to continue to abuse him and hold him accountable. I would argue that he still deserves to be abused for the lasting effects of taking over from Malthouse. I've only overlooked that thorn in our side, in order to pursue more pressing issues for the club.
In Bucks last couple of years, we'd sometimes play 2 Browns, Madgen, WHE, Ruscoe, Josh Thomas - we even gave Spud Kelly a game whenever he wasn't crying in a hospital bed. And this clown thinks only whipping one of them is the way to go - and not whipping Bucks? WTF?????????????????

And he's chosen WHE as his main whipping boy - just stupid - WHE obviously deserves the lash and we gjive it to him whenever we see him, but the reality is he disappears into a wormhole and can't be seen for the majority of each game, so you don't get to take out the whip that often - even moreso when we're losing when you really need to thrash that whip.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
In Bucks last couple of years, we'd sometimes play 2 Browns, Madgen, WHE, Ruscoe, Josh Thomas - we even gave Spud Kelly a game whenever he wasn't crying in a hospital bed. And this clown thinks only whipping one of them is the way to go - and not whipping Bucks? WTF?????????????????

And he's chosen WHE as his main whipping boy - just stupid - WHE obviously deserves the lash and we gjive it to him whenever we see him, but the reality is he disappears into a wormhole and can't be seen for the majority of each game, so you don't get to take out the whip that often - even moreso when we're losing when you really need to thrash that whip.

It's not until you name em all that you realise just how much garbage needed to be put out on the verge.....

But we need to be more forgiving to contributors who want to play their part in whipping the failures....after all, not everyone can have our passion for the black and white..

A word on Hiney after his latest pick. All the Hiney lovers have said that he hasn't had any opportunities to draft a decent tall. They say that good talls only appear in the first round. So we get to pick 19 and the Hiney had to make a concession to the faithful who had supported him for 15 years. And what did he do? Well he drafted a kid who was 174cm 2 years ago. A kid who was injured with back injuries for months earlier this year. A kid who had hardly shown anything except for a single dash in a schoolboy state game and a fast 20m sprint. A shot in the dark. A pie in the sky. A kid who will "take a few years to settle in". Who knows..... Derek might be long gone to his media job by the time this kid is dropped off the list. Expertly navigated by the Hiney. I expect him to revert to his old self in the following picks and draft some of "the best averaged sized footballers available"

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I think Hiney's quote says it all...

"He (Ryan) was close (to being taken on Monday night), until Ed was there. He was one of three or four players that were there and we were really confident, we went into today with about six or seven players. We were hopeful, we weren't confident, but it was really pleasing. He plays that sort of Nick Haynes-type role, there was a lot of interest in that pick which would suggest there was a lot of interest in Jakob." - Collingwood national recruiting manager Derek Hine

He was thinking of taking Ryan at pick 19? Really? Is he insane? There was a lot of interest in the Jakob pick? What the hell does that mean? Was Derek thinking of getting botox for the cameras? The brown boys are starting to look pretty good again....

I think Hiney's quote says it all...

"He (Ryan) was close (to being taken on Monday night), until Ed was there. He was one of three or four players that were there and we were really confident, we went into today with about six or seven players. We were hopeful, we weren't confident, but it was really pleasing. He plays that sort of Nick Haynes-type role, there was a lot of interest in that pick which would suggest there was a lot of interest in Jakob." - Collingwood national recruiting manager Derek Hine

He was thinking of taking Ryan at pick 19? Really? Is he insane? There was a lot of interest in the Jakob pick? What the hell does that mean? Was Derek thinking of getting botox for the cameras? The brown boys are starting to look pretty good again....
Too early - 2024 is when we really thrash the crap out of this muppet - unless Wright does the right thing and delists him at the end of the year.

As well as looking at Aboriginal inclusion, did the Do Better report also recommend a quota system for South Australian bogans?

Unlike the Liberal party, we favour quotas at the Pies. How else can we maintain this stream of mulleted South Aussies?

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Too early - 2024 is when we really thrash the crap out of this muppet - unless Wright does the right thing and delists him at the end of the year.

I've heard that Richards is the long-term replacement for the sheep dog....so you might have to wait for 6 or 7 years to see him moved on.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Unlike the Liberal party, we favour quotas at the Pies. How else can we maintain this stream of mulleted South Aussies?

Look I have no evidence in this, but there was something strange about the Hiney's relationship with Matt Rendall. Is there something lingering here? Is this an example of "throwing a bone" to his old "pal"?....

I ask the question what do you give an old recruiter for christmas when the relationship has become strained? Is a mulleted bogan the preferred option?

I'm still favouring a view that Hiney has lost his mind. Did he really say that a micro schoolie from country victoria should have been in the first round?

Let me place anothre piece of evidence on the fire..... Ben Allan said in his radio interview that they hadnt seen the Pies recruiters until the last week, when Derek came over for some of his famous tea and bickies.....

So the Hiney's ears prick up in the last week and finds out about an injured kid ......who is a almost father son..... who would cause a big slap on the back from his media pals.... whose family could dish up a fantastic tea and bickies feast....

and the Hiney rushes to the West and savours the delights of the Allan household and hey presto, decides to pick him in the draft....

Back