Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

We might have underestimated Darcy's mongrel blokiness. I'm reading that like many men before him, he's come back from Amsterdam with an infection to his boner.
Any Tom, Dick and Mary can get an infection. I wouldn't count this as anything more than an indication of Darcy's lack of protection. Nor should his Christian Wilkins like pose be interpreted out of some prehistoric prejudice. All pre-season chatter that should be ignored if timely and effective whipping is the object.
Stick to the Maccas. The latest addition is the first KPF since Travis Cloke, some would argue longer. Thats a whole generation of supporters. Naturally we all expect the second coming of Tony Lokett and have forgotten KPF's are only as good as the ball coming in and are never traded for with a handful of coins and a smattering of fairy dust. Sure as the Huon Valley grows apples and the earth turns towards the part of sky the sun is found in each morning, latest Macca will be as big a disappointment as his namesakes cheeseburger. The masses will turn against him. Perfect whipping boy, get in early.
I'll get to the hairy one.

Any Tom, Dick and Mary can get an infection. I wouldn't count this as anything more than an indication of Darcy's lack of protection. Nor should his Christian Wilkins like pose be interpreted out of some prehistoric prejudice. All pre-season chatter that should be ignored if timely and effective whipping is the object.
Stick to the Maccas. The latest addition is the first KPF since Travis Cloke, some would argue longer. Thats a whole generation of supporters. Naturally we all expect the second coming of Tony Lokett and have forgotten KPF's are only as good as the ball coming in and are never traded for with a handful of coins and a smattering of fairy dust. Sure as the Huon Valley grows apples and the earth turns towards the part of sky the sun is found in each morning, latest Macca will be as big a disappointment as his namesakes cheeseburger. The masses will turn against him. Perfect whipping boy, get in early.

Excuse me for speaking for SR here, but I think generally this thread has nothing against christian wilkins types, as long as they aren't on the list. The simple reason is that they generally dont generate the level of mongrel that a collingwood player needs.

I do agree that whipping Moore at this time seems to be wasted because he's doing ok. I think SR is putting in some groundwork for future years when Moore's level of play drops and we can use the "I told you so" factor to come in for the kill. I always respect those whippers who can point to a post in the past where they were the first to question a player's output.

With that in mind, I do have my reservations about Nick Daicos, but I will keep them to myself at this point in time.

In the words of Confucius. One man's prehistoric prejudice is another man's age old truth. Mongrel wins flags. He said that straight after saying: show me an All Australian CHB and I'll show you a failed CHF. Despite the sycophantic accolades you bestow on the show pony, he is and always will be a failed centre half forward. He's the reason why we haven't taken a mark up forward since 2013.

In the words of Confucius. One man's prehistoric prejudice is another man's age old truth. Mongrel wins flags. He said that straight after saying: show me an All Australian CHB and I'll show you a failed CHF. Despite the sycophantic accolades you bestow on the show pony, he is and always will be a failed centre half forward. He's the reason why we haven't taken a mark up forward since 2013.

I do wonder how much we can trust darcy wilkins in stressful finals situations after he turned to water for that short period when we needed someone up forward. He really was pitiful. After all that boasting from himself and his father that he should be a superstar forward and then he turns up to be a limp bizkit....probably one of the most over-rated bands in musical history.

And while his play in defence is adequate, I do worry about the effect he has on on kiddies with his wilkins personna. A generation of mongrelless kiddies....what about the future of the game?

Reckon we could whip ex- Pie Nick Maxwell for this.

Collingwood premiership star Nick Maxwell didn’t get a chance to enjoy the reunion of his 2010 grand final winning Magpie teammates, despite hosting the get-together, as he was rushed to hospital after stabbing his hand while opening a wine bottle.
Maxwell hosted his teammates at his Eclat workplace in Camberwell Junction last Saturday, but he didn’t get the chance to raise a glass to his fellow players.
While cutting the wax seal off a wine bottle before as his guests arrived, the knife he was using slipped and drove deep into his hand.
Former Collingwood football club captain Nick Maxwell. Picture: Andrew Henshaw

“(An) unexpected event at the Pies party was the opening of my hand,” Maxwell wrote on LinkedIn.
“And I mean literally, I was opening a bottle of wine with a wax seal and I drove a knife into the space between my thumb and index finger.
“It was an ugly sight, like something from Game of Thrones — there was blood flying in all directions.”
He was quickly carted off to hospital.
“Luckily after scaring a nurse and getting some stitches and a phenomenal patch job by the doctor I’m on the mend,” he said.
“Talk about blood, sweat, and tears.”

Maxwell’s teammate Dane Swan elaborated on the Pies drama.
“He was trying to get the wax off a wine bottle and stabbed himself,” Swan said.
“So he had to have surgery on his hand.

“So that was a good start to the day. If you were going to run a book of who was going to end up in hospital that day he would have been way down the list.”
The reunion brought together the likes of Swan, Dale Thomas, Mick Malthouse, Luke Ball, Eddie McGuire, Heath Shaw, Travis Cloke, Scott Pendlebury and Darren Jolly.

Reckon we could whip ex- Pie Nick Maxwell for this.

Collingwood premiership star Nick Maxwell didn’t get a chance to enjoy the reunion of his 2010 grand final winning Magpie teammates, despite hosting the get-together, as he was rushed to hospital after stabbing his hand while opening a wine bottle.
Maxwell hosted his teammates at his Eclat workplace in Camberwell Junction last Saturday, but he didn’t get the chance to raise a glass to his fellow players.
While cutting the wax seal off a wine bottle before as his guests arrived, the knife he was using slipped and drove deep into his hand.

“(An) unexpected event at the Pies party was the opening of my hand,” Maxwell wrote on LinkedIn.
“And I mean literally, I was opening a bottle of wine with a wax seal and I drove a knife into the space between my thumb and index finger.
“It was an ugly sight, like something from Game of Thrones — there was blood flying in all directions.”
He was quickly carted off to hospital.
“Luckily after scaring a nurse and getting some stitches and a phenomenal patch job by the doctor I’m on the mend,” he said.
“Talk about blood, sweat, and tears.”

Maxwell’s teammate Dane Swan elaborated on the Pies drama.
“He was trying to get the wax off a wine bottle and stabbed himself,” Swan said.
“So he had to have surgery on his hand.

“So that was a good start to the day. If you were going to run a book of who was going to end up in hospital that day he would have been way down the list.”
The reunion brought together the likes of Swan, Dale Thomas, Mick Malthouse, Luke Ball, Eddie McGuire, Heath Shaw, Travis Cloke, Scott Pendlebury and Darren Jolly.

fogmeister, opening a wine bottle?...sheesh..

why couldnt it been a knife fight on the way to trying to empty his household garbage in the bins? or at least something involved with opening a can at the both ends to see how fast he could stuff the content of 12 tinnies down this throat?

You two are like a broken record, looping on mongrel when there is far more that makes up the symphony that wins a grand final. Whilst mongrel helps - lynch, dipper, brereton - its not the whole kit and capoodle - yates, burns. You need a collective of talent. Sure, footsteps Stephenson is not a part but a Darcy Wilkins is just as important as a teleported face from the 30's like Bruzzy. Possible more so to the fan base.
Anyway, lets move on to Mac Hairy. Pies fans are used to a treacle slow team, slower than Markfs when its their turn to shout the red cordial. So we takes our eyes off the ball and watch his burning pace. Check out a replay, watch the ball. Mac Hairy and the ball rarely meet, if they do its a fleeting moment of quick and seemingly pointless disposal or post an umpires whistle. MAc Hairy is highly talented like Ginni, who runs to the nearest opponent to tackle him post taking possession. Mac Hairies talent is tacking, albeit with a bit of the beloved mongrel. Point is, taking possession 70m out after the umpires whistle is not the same as kicking a goal. Goals win premierships, not mongrel. At some stage the great unwashed are going to recognise Mac Hairy could take possession, use that speed and kick a goal but doesn't. They will turn. You know it makes sense.

ok to have these new-fangled theories about footy....i'll stick with the basics. Mongrel won premierships in the past and it will do it again in the future. Darcy Wilkins let us down in the past and he'll do it again....probably for some lame fashion statement. He'll go into a grand final commando and cop it from a neatly presented knee and we'll leak goals for the rest of the game and another tragic loss. I'm after total commitment.

You two are like a broken record, looping on mongrel when there is far more that makes up the symphony that wins a grand final. Whilst mongrel helps - lynch, dipper, brereton - its not the whole kit and capoodle - yates, burns. You need a collective of talent. Sure, footsteps Stephenson is not a part but a Darcy Wilkins is just as important as a teleported face from the 30's like Bruzzy. Possible more so to the fan base.
Anyway, lets move on to Mac Hairy. Pies fans are used to a treacle slow team, slower than Markfs when its their turn to shout the red cordial. So we takes our eyes off the ball and watch his burning pace. Check out a replay, watch the ball. Mac Hairy and the ball rarely meet, if they do its a fleeting moment of quick and seemingly pointless disposal or post an umpires whistle. MAc Hairy is highly talented like Ginni, who runs to the nearest opponent to tackle him post taking possession. Mac Hairies talent is tacking, albeit with a bit of the beloved mongrel. Point is, taking possession 70m out after the umpires whistle is not the same as kicking a goal. Goals win premierships, not mongrel. At some stage the great unwashed are going to recognise Mac Hairy could take possession, use that speed and kick a goal but doesn't. They will turn. You know it makes sense.

By Mac Hairy, I take it you are referring to this god man?

How dare you?

He has the long sought after ‘mongrel’ and he will deliver. To quote him after yet another glorious win in season ‘22:

‘My job is to hurt people’.

DFA1B84D-01FC-4B25-806C-614810F5E4BF.jpeg

How dare you?

He has the long sought after ‘mongrel’ and he will deliver. To quote him after yet another glorious win in season ‘22:

View attachment 1571351

I call him the template... we need to clone about half dozen of him in different sizes.

If it comes to the pivotal moment of the game, and we need to send someone out to clout someone to turn momentum, who do you call?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok to have these new-fangled theories about footy....i'll stick with the basics. Mongrel won premierships in the past and it will do it again in the future. Darcy Wilkins let us down in the past and he'll do it again....probably for some lame fashion statement. He'll go into a grand final commando and cop it from a neatly presented knee and we'll leak goals for the rest of the game and another tragic loss. I'm after total commitment.
Were you shocked he got our best finals player?

How dare you?

View attachment 1571351
That's the hairy macca. Choosing the appropriate whipping boy goes far beyond what an ordinary poster understands. I have posted on this matter but for now I think it's best for you to understand it is beyond your pay grade. What's important for you to grasp is this concept that goals win games. Let's contrast machairies concept of role with one of the dacoy: our job is to kick goals.
I call him the template... we need to clone about half dozen of him in different sizes.

If it comes to the pivotal moment of the game, and we need to send someone out to clout someone to turn momentum, who do you call?
Good God, let's imagine that dacoy forsaken game. Blah blah kicks ball, DWhilkins punches, bla blah2 takes possession & is tackled by hairy. Hairy tackles, with mongrel & wins free. Hairy kicks, blah blah2 is spoiled by checkers & hairy2 tackles. Hairy2 kicks for goal, blah blah3 runs through a point. Rince & repeat. Except every now and again 4he bah blahs k8ck a goal.
At the key moment you need a goal or not. That's where whilkins or dafoy are relevant & hairies are not.

That's the hairy macca. Choosing the appropriate whipping boy goes far beyond what an ordinary poster understands. I have posted on this matter but for now I think it's best for you to understand it is beyond your pay grade. What's important for you to grasp is this concept that goals win games. Let's contrast machairies concept of role with one of the dacoy: our job is to kick goals.

Good God, let's imagine that dacoy forsaken game. Blah blah kicks ball, DWhilkins punches, bla blah2 takes possession & is tackled by hairy. Hairy tackles, with mongrel & wins free. Hairy kicks, blah blah2 is spoiled by checkers & hairy2 tackles. Hairy2 kicks for goal, blah blah3 runs through a point. Rince & repeat. Except every now and again 4he bah blahs k8ck a goal.
At the key moment you need a goal or not. That's where whilkins or dafoy are relevant & hairies are not.

Are you seriously telling me that goals win games? If that’s the case, then why don’t we kick them? No-one seems to have pointed this out to our forwards, and it seems to me to be a significant oversight.

I think you should point this out to Derek, because he hasn’t recruited anyone to kick goals since Travis Cloke.

Were you shocked he got our best finals player?

Fogmeister, you're being disruptive. I said that I'll tolerate Darcy Wilkins but I wont trust him. This bone thing will be used sometime later in the season....just mark it down. They'll be a fashion shoot somewhere and he'll miss the bus to the airport...

Are you seriously telling me that goals win games? If that’s the case, then why don’t we kick them? No-one seems to have pointed this out to our forwards, and it seems to me to be a significant oversight.

I think you should point this out to Derek, because he hasn’t recruited anyone to kick goals since Travis Cloke.

Father son..... derek's fallback position....just grab the father's son.....or the brother's brother.... I dont think derek even engages in recruiting anymore. Its all about tea and bickies at the parents..

For the certain people who are taking aim at this thread, I ask them to look at the results for this year.....and the flotsam and jetsam that we pumped out the bilge at the end of this season. The browns finally out the door.....the madge kicked over the border to SA. The wacky poulter. The woke grundy. The talentless chugg.....and that pretentious piece of snot....ollie ollie ollie....

No thanks from the great unwashed for cleaning that crap off the table....we do it for the love of it

For the certain people who are taking aim at this thread, I ask them to look at the results for this year.....and the flotsam and jetsam that we pumped out the bilge at the end of this season. The browns finally out the door.....the madge kicked over the border to SA. The wacky poulter. The woke grundy. The talentless chugg.....and that pretentious piece of snot....ollie ollie ollie....

No thanks from the great unwashed for cleaning that crap off the table....we do it for the love of it
New edition coming soon.

He should stick to screw tops. Or goon bags
In Tony Shaws "auto"biography "A Shaw Thing" he recounts his welcome to Collingwood. After his first training session there was a beer at the social club with Stan Magro and Kevin Worthington. The twoder blokes drained their pots, then Wortho bit the top off his glass and Magro smashed his on his own head. They handed Shaw the shards and one said "your shout".

To me thats the standard. Any alcohol related cuts should be from deliberate self inflicted neanderthal behaviour.

Just when we were winding down for the christmas break, Pendles jumps ship and throws the ball to the "emerging" leaders....and a possible disaster.

It seems a lot of people want to see Darcy Wilkins captain the club. Presumably he could take over from Steph Chiocci as the women's captain too to cut down the paperwork... I see a full merger in the works in the coming years...

In Tony Shaws "auto"biography "A Shaw Thing" he recounts his welcome to Collingwood. After his first training session there was a beer at the social club with Stan Magro and Kevin Worthington. The twoder blokes drained their pots, then Wortho bit the top off his glass and Magro smashed his on his own head. They handed Shaw the shards and one said "your shout".

To me thats the standard. Any alcohol related cuts should be from deliberate self inflicted neanderthal behaviour.
I'm all for players and other staff acquiring alcohol related scars, but the real issue here is that the bloke with some woke style culture facilitating role at our club is drinking some pooncy pretentious wine with a wax seal. FFS.

I'm all for players and other staff acquiring alcohol related scars, but the real issue here is that the bloke with some woke style culture facilitating role at our club is drinking some pooncy pretentious wine with a wax seal. FFS.

it's ironic isnt it?. He comes into the club as a unskilled no-hoper and he makes something of himself and a fair enough captain, although I didnt see him dish out many backhanders during his time.....but then he goes off and transitions into a real waster, rubbing shoulders with that sydney crowd and just mouthing all that woke stuff....i'll give him a break because he's our last premiership captain but i think he should just slide away and try and find a gig at AFL house...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back