Analysis Whipping Boys - 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully he doesn't do jail time for the crocs and socks crime.

He’s just being provocative. A gentle woke ‘up yours’ to the straight and constrained footy world.

I like the clashing colour choices too - pink crocs, purple tracky dacks - what’s not to like?

Please tell me this is an old photo or something he dreamed up to lampoon his own tacky image....

Maybe it's just a phase like Pendle's dreadlock look....maybe he'll get his brain on track when the season starts...

I'm sure darcy can overcome this setback but i'm thinking of the young impressionable players in the team. He needs to remember that he's a role model..

Please tell me this is an old photo or something he dreamed up to lampoon his own tacky image....

Maybe it's just a phase like Pendle's dreadlock look....maybe he'll get his brain on track when the season starts...

I'm sure darcy can overcome this setback but i'm thinking of the young impressionable players in the team. He needs to remember that he's a role model..

Ease up! Other than the Crocs he looks sensational. 10/10, chef’s kiss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus Mark. The whole club has been sworn to secrecy on the Pendles dreadlock debacle. Don't bring it up.

Markfs, I have rolled up the swag from the sand pit you call your front lawn so it is safe for ou to come out your front door. I am headed down Leons way. Lots to love about Freeo, particularly the shipwreck and Martine museums. Plenty of mongrels though, so I get your obsession with mongrel as you need a bit of mongrel to cope with mongrels. Still this is a limit: Tuddy at 80 has not yet come to grips with the reality that a little less mongrel on his part might have seen Peter Mack win us another flag.
On another note I get its preseason, so no puffy jackets, but you mob are still on about hair, tatts and other irrelevant factors. Where is the focus on identifying real whipping boys? How is WHE going? Who can kick and how far. Get your shite in a cup and focus on what will actually impact round 1. Tatts won't.

Markfs, I have rolled up the swag from the sand pit you call your front lawn so it is safe for ou to come out your front door. I am headed down Leons way. Lots to love about Freeo, particularly the shipwreck and Martine museums. Plenty of mongrels though, so I get your obsession with mongrel as you need a bit of mongrel to cope with mongrels. Still this is a limit: Tuddy at 80 has not yet come to grips with the reality that a little less mongrel on his part might have seen Peter Mack win us another flag.
On another note I get its preseason, so no puffy jackets, but you mob are still on about hair, tatts and other irrelevant factors. Where is the focus on identifying real whipping boys? How is WHE going? Who can kick and how far. Get your shite in a cup and focus on what will actually impact round 1. Tatts won't.

Well its nice that you've got an explanation for my obsession, now we go to work on yours.

As for the topics addressed by this thread, I can only suggest that, unlike other threads in the pie forum, this thread is an evidence-based thread......so we will have to wait until the players play actual games of footy before we can critique their actual footy. Also, I cant be held responsible for the fears of my fellow posters that the playing group might succumb to the woke disease. The cane toads are already in the Kimberley and are approaching sydney. It's too late to exterminate them with penny bungers. That should have been done a long time ago.

Mitchell could be a dark horse if the "he racks up useless possessions that don't hurt the opposition" mantra gets going.
This.
Prime position to snag the "lashed to within an inch of his life" title by end of April.

Expect variations of the following throughout the opening rounds.:

"Wasn't he supposed to fix our clearance problem?"
"99 handballs in a game? WTF? Learn to kick."
"Kennett plant".

This.
Prime position to snag the "lashed to within an inch of his life" title by end of April.

Expect variations of the following throughout the opening rounds.:

"Wasn't he supposed to fix our clearance problem?"
"99 handballs in a game? WTF? Learn to kick."
"Kennett plant".

it looks like mitchell is going to get a heap of clearances but they'll be credited to the opposition. He might be the first player in history to get to 50 possessions in a game with none of them effective.....

We might have to tag him by mid season....

Seeing as we may be paying some of his wage. Soy Boy still gets that mantle.

For at least one more year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be a difficult judge at times.... lets say we're playing the demons and grundee is tapping the ball to us ( as he does ) and Mitchell is kicking it to the Demons ( as he does ).....we might be getting better value from the grundee dollar...

You seem to be in a muddle with your whipping criterion. You want to focus on kicking skills rather than mongrel, yet you have chosen WHE as your whipping boy.

WHE is the epitome of Mark's philosophy of mongrel above all else. Give a mongrel wills footballing attributes and you'd have a star.

There's 3 main valid reasons to whip a player:
1. No mongrel
2 Spud
3. Intuitive dislike of the player.

Hair and the like are strong indicators for points one and three.

Geeze we’ve lost some whippable players in recent times. Blair and Thomas gone. Brown brothers depart, the Madge no longer with us. Grundy and his bags of cash are out the door. Targets are thin.

I have a feeling big mcstay will be in line for a few if he doesn’t kick 100goals

You seem to be in a muddle with your whipping criterion. You want to focus on kicking skills rather than mongrel, yet you have chosen WHE as your whipping boy.

WHE is the epitome of Mark's philosophy of mongrel above all else. Give a mongrel wills footballing attributes and you'd have a star.

There's 3 main valid reasons to whip a player:
1. No mongrel
2 Spud
3. Intuitive dislike of the player.

Hair and the like are strong indicators for points one and three.

Very nice scientific assessment of the thread in general. Of course, we all have our idea of what makes a successful team, and there was a discussion some time back that Jock's boys from 100 years ago were the template. Tough as nails, committed to the cause, heavy drinking and alpha male behaviour but a general kindness to old ladies. However, the number one trait was the desire to drop an opponent at a moment's notice to ensure the win. Now if people don't want 4 premierships in a row, then they're free to go and support the hyphen and others who will let us down in the key moments. You know they will.

As for noidea, he was astute enough to conjure up an appropriate nick name for himself when he opened his account and then proceeded to forget it.....I found him sleeping on my porch this morning and I moved him on. I would have called the cops but he's a fellow pie supporter. It seems he wants to establish a life-long friendship...but I have a reputation around fremantle to protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back