Opinion Whipping Boys Can Bite Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Fashionistas normally have a good sense of humour re.. probably top 5 on this site I reckon re.
Nah they didn't make it on the last list Chief released. Weren't even top 10 sorry. I think you might be the exception. The 1st houmourous fashionista. Congrats. Taking fashion to new places.

Nah they didn't make it on the last list Chief released. Weren't even top 10 sorry. I think you might be the exception. The 1st houmourous fashionista. Congrats. Taking fashion to new places.

How the hell didn't I not make it on the list.. what kind of s**t is that re

How the hell didn't I not make it on the list.. what kind of s**t is that re
You have to know how to deal with chief.

(Doesn’t help Chief is a Carlton type)

And on there board

They even gave him a nickname

Boo
He was a very ordinary footballer, and clearly a less than ordinary bloke. To my knowledge, he never apologised and nor the did the club. I think he's a life member, isn't he? I believe he was on the Board for some years.
Their actions in shielding him from the consequences of his filthy behaviour, and even honouring him, say everything about their character. It's not too late, Saints -- apologise while there are still some of us around who remember what happened.
Until they do... if they lose 50 Grand Finals it won't be enough.

A truly horrible disease and probably the hardest for family to have to deal with.

That said, it is not relevant to any discussion of Crockers worth to the Collingwood football team in terms of his professional output on the field and continued selection.

A rational point ...

... but this is a thread about whipping boys, and us fans aren’t very rarely rational about that.

How often do you see a kid with the surname of Moore, Brown or Daicos be whipping boy of the week?

It “ is not relevant to any discussion of ... worth to the Collingwood football team in terms of ... professional output on the field and continued selection” whether their Dads could or couldn’t play footy at the highest level 30 years ago, and yet it affects our assessment of them.

Last edited:
One of my close friends is a Saints supporter. she rang me just after the Grand Final replay in 2010 to say congrats, bawling her eyes out waiting at the train station going home from the footy devastated after another loss. It almost made me feel bad! Saints supporters suffer way more than us and there are worse teams around to hate.
There were some real insufferable Saints fans here on Bigfooty 2009/10. The 2010 Grand Final did give them a bite of karma. I said that I know many in real life that are great people. It was just hard to feel much sympathy to a few on this site.

A rational point ...

... but this is a thread about whipping boys, and us fans aren’t very rarely rational about that.

How often do you see a kid with the surname of Moore, Brown or Daicos be whipping boy of the week?

It “ is not relevant to any discussion of ... worth to the Collingwood football team in terms of ... professional output on the field and continued selection” whether their Dad’s could or couldn’t play footy at the highest level 30 years ago, and yet it affects our assessment of them.
You are right.. sons of guns are a protected species on the whole and I must admit I fall into the romance of that quite a lot.

I wasn't being critical of your posting it here. More making a corresponding point that this should not inhibit people from discussing Crockers footballing merits.. I do understand the sentiment.. and that at times the attacks on our own players do become personal and obnoxious. I don't think it has with Crocker yet that I've seen anyway.

I have never considered someone attacking a guys football ability and worth to our side as a personal attack. It's a professional critique or attack if you will; which is fair game.

Another way of looking at it is that every player who is in the senior team is keeping out a guy in the VFL who desperately wants that spot/chance. For example, I like Blair. He gives his all and he has been a great servant. I wish him all the best but I don't ever want him to play another game for our club at senior level. Such is the paradox of the "supporter" with the club v. individual player dynamic. Club always wins out. Many of us are just lazy and careless in the way we express this.

As for Crocker, personally I like him and I liked him more after watching that video. As a player I like how he goes about it and I think he may well have a future yet but he's still very much a work in progress.
To put it simply, I would prefer Fasolo to be running out there instead of him because I think he will give us the better chance of winning.
That said, I do also understand the need to sometimes send players a message and give them a rocket... especially in Fasolo's case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back