Rumour Pleasantries From The Plungie Pool - 2023 Rumours (SUNS Posters ONLY!*)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he really wants to be well known/famous, I'm not sure Adelaide would be his target. A big Melbourne club would be best place for media/sponsorship attention, and any half decent manager would tell him that.

Sounds like wishful thinking from an Adelaide fan.
Izak is very soft spoken and relaxed off field.
100% not someone who is chasing fame in any way, shape or form.
Football isn't his whole entire world, so moving back to Adelaide where all he would be known for is football isn't the sort of thing that would appeal to him.

Maybe we should get 'the word' out that Rankine is just horribly injury prone.

No (other) club would want him then, right?

(Yes, I know it's just HS protocol, but anything to drive down interest/his price, right?)

I know we've heard the rumours about Liam Jones potentially joining us at the end of this season but we may have some competition for his signature. This is allegedly the Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro having a coffee with Liam Jones on the Gold Coast. Does anyone recognise the coffee shop? Makes sense considering Essendon are playing in Brisbane this weekend and we know Jones currently lives on the GC.

YJtefDR.jpg

I know we've heard the rumours about Liam Jones potentially joining us at the end of this season but we may have some competition for his signature. This is allegedly the Essendon list manager Adrian Dodoro having a coffee with Liam Jones on the Gold Coast. Does anyone recognise the coffee shop? Makes sense considering Essendon are playing in Brisbane this weekend and we know Jones currently lives on the GC.

YJtefDR.jpg
pretty sure that's elk espresso in broady

Seems to be a few murmurs on our board that Dusty could potentially be heading to our club this off season after Sydney supposedly ruled themselves out of the running today...

I can say I heard from a mate that Dusty was on the Gold Coast during Richmond's bye week about a month ago.

What do we think?

Seems to be a few murmurs on our board that Dusty could potentially be heading to our club this off season after Sydney supposedly ruled themselves out of the running today...

I can say I heard from a mate that Dusty was on the Gold Coast during Richmond's bye week about a month ago.

What do we think?
You’d obviously take him in a heartbeat but not if he’ll be on a huge salary and it prevents us from re signing someone like a Noah Anderson.

Certainly wouldn’t get ‘doorstopped’ up here.

Dusty is more likely to retire than leave Richmond.

Definite possibility. Depends if he wants his remaining $2mil+.

Presume he already has a bucket load of cash, but he might just want all he can get before hanging the boots up.

GWS prime candidate though with Taranto possibly gone. Maybe Lions a smoky with McStay’s $$$ plus whatever else they can free up. Would be a handy pick up with their premiership window open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definite possibility. Depends if he wants his remaining $2mil+.

Presume he already has a bucket load of cash, but he might just want all he can get before hanging the boots up.

GWS prime candidate though with Taranto possibly gone. Maybe Lions a smoky with McStay’s $$$ plus whatever else they can free up. Would be a handy pick up with their premiership window open.

I doubt he'll be leaving Richmond. It's probably just media guesses/clickbait. After all, he's famously NOT the type who talks to the media about anything, let alone this sort of thing.

Even if he wanted to, I can't see a lot of clubs having the cap space, and being willing to spend it on a 31 yo who seems past his best.

Main reason you'd do it would be if you were in GF contention and needed that bit extra....but if you were that close, you're unlikely to have over a million/year in cap space free.

I suppose we could chase him (not sure we have that much cap space just floating around, but...). He'd be good for the younger guys to learn from, and might help us make it into finals, but I think he'd probably be gone before we're in serious GF contention, so I think if we did have the cap, we'd be better off spending it elsewhere. All a bit 'Ablett-esque' really.

At a guess 70% stay at Richmond, 20% retire early, 10% move.

Does anyone actually even know our salary cap and wages? we have like 15 blokes on rookie contracts, Swallow & Witts were suppose to be paid loyalty contracts. King apparently 700k?, i can't find a reason anyone would be over 800k besides Touk.

While Carlton have had Cripps, McGovern, Williams, Walsh, McKay, Curnow, Docherty, Cerra, Hewett, Martin all on 600k +

Dogs also managing to re-sign Daniel, Dale, English, looking to re-new Smith while having Dunkley, Bont, Libba, Macrae, Hunter all on good money.

Surely our cap isn't tight anymore, and we can make moves for A graders not just dusty but other players in the comp.

Does anyone actually even know our salary cap and wages? we have like 15 blokes on rookie contracts, Swallow & Witts were suppose to be paid loyalty contracts. King apparently 700k?, i can't find a reason anyone would be over 800k besides Touk.

While Carlton have had Cripps, McGovern, Williams, Walsh, McKay, Curnow, Docherty, Cerra, Hewett, Martin all on 600k +

Dogs also managing to re-sign Daniel, Dale, English, looking to re-new Smith while having Dunkley, Bont, Libba, Macrae, Hunter all on good money.

Surely our cap isn't tight anymore, and we can make moves for A graders not just dusty but other players in the comp.

Because of the minimum salary cap you can pay (90 or 95% of the total IIRC), we probably have some significantly overpaid players on our list.

Hopefully this includes a lot of front loading though, which should free up a lot going forward ( so someone like Ellis, rather than getting $600K/year for 5 years gets $1M, $1M, 400K, 300K, 300K )

We've been linked to a few players lately and there could be a big one to come so it might be time to revive this thread!

How good would it be if they surprised us with a genuine A grader. Would make supporting a whole lot easier!!
I look forward to a huge announcement of a gun player when the club thinks dragging people to Metricon to announce 20k membership is a huge announcement

Will be Tippett coming out of retirement on a 5 year deal lol

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back