Discussion White jumpers are not only answer to jumper clashes.

Is the white jumper policy the solution to jumper clashes?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There probably should be something about clubs having a white clash jumper, but it doesn't have to be their primary clash jumper. e.g Richmond has a white clash jumper to use in case a team manages to make a jumper that clashes with both our current home and clash

There probably should be something about clubs having a white clash jumper, but it doesn't have to be their primary clash jumper. e.g Richmond has a white clash jumper to use in case a team manages to make a jumper that clashes with both our current home and clash
What's the white look like please Harry - I'm not aware of that one (can't find it on the online store).

What's the white look like please Harry - I'm not aware of that one (can't find it on the online store).
Pete, I think Harry is referring to the white jumper with the scratch marks and the previous logos head on it. It was never worn in the season or pre-season as Mero doesn't have it down as being either.

Thanks - so this one from 2010 then (excuse faded image);
View attachment 267816
That was the one I was thinking of. I would say that he thought it was a pre-season jumper because of how it is presented, not having the sponsors logo across the front of the jumper which training jumpers usually do.

Pete, I think Harry is referring to the white jumper with the scratch marks and the previous logos head on it. It was never worn in the season or pre-season as Mero doesn't have it down as being either.

He means that Richmond should have it. Just poor wording
Sorry, yes poor wording on my part. I wasn't referring to any jumper in particular, but rather us introducing a white jumper as an example of the policy.

Sorry, yes poor wording on my part. I wasn't referring to any jumper in particular, but rather us introducing a white jumper as an example of the policy.

LkbBJf9.jpg

Something like this. Not very Richmond like (yellow and black), and it would probably barely fit into the 70% range.

The op nailed this

We want contrast, and you can do that with colour

Every jumper should be instantly recognizable as to which club it represents. White with cartoon doesn't do this

I took this round as an example of what the current combinations of jumpers will look like. Where there is a third jumper for a match it is where I would make a change to what is worn. There are four cases where this happens.

The first is with Collingwood v North Melbourne. What is needed is a jumper which isn't stripes, which a newer version of the jumping kangaroo would prove.
The second is Gold Coast v Fremantle. The difference between the Gold Coast and Fremantle normal jumpers is enough to not need a clash jumper.
The third is West Coast v Melbourne. Melbourne doesn't have white in their colours and don't need to wear a white jumper, red is good enough.
The fourth is Geelong v Adelaide. There are too many hoops in this clash. A different jumper design from Adelaide would recreate the difference needed.

XYZzHjs.jpg

I took this round as an example of what the current combinations of jumpers will look like. Where there is a third jumper for a match it is where I would make a change to what is worn. There are four cases where this happens.

The first is with Collingwood v North Melbourne. What is needed is a jumper which isn't stripes, which a newer version of the jumping kangaroo would prove.
The second is Gold Coast v Fremantle. The difference between the Gold Coast and Fremantle normal jumpers is enough to not need a clash jumper.
The third is West Coast v Melbourne. Melbourne doesn't have white in their colours and don't need to wear a white jumper, red is good enough.
The fourth is Geelong v Adelaide. There are too many hoops in this clash. A different jumper design from Adelaide would recreate the difference needed.

XYZzHjs.jpg
Why wouldn't you just put the Crows in their home jumper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams only get new designs approved by the AFL during the off-season. Richmond wouldn't need a white guernsey unless a club brings out a guernsey that neither of the current Richmond ones work against, and then the AFL should tell them they have to make something, not in white necessarily, but in not-black-or-yellow.

EG Richmond don't need a third jumper this year (you could argue for away to GWS but for the sake of the example we'll ignore it) to play away to any team. Has to be any of the other 17 teams in case they meet in a final.
In October 2016 WCE announces that they will be returning the Tri-Panel to "home jumper" status. The AFL therefore informs Richmond that they must have a jumper design available for if the Tigers play away to the Eagles at any point in 2017. It cannot contain black, brown, navy, purple, maroon (colours that don't show up well against navy), nor can it be orange, gold, ochre, or yellow (colours that don't show up well against gold). The only other thing it cannot be is a design that looks too much like any other club. This could be a pink training guernsey that has all the logos in the right places and the right sizes etc, which they wear in one game if needed, or it could be a jumper they then decide to wear 2-3 times during the year to make it worthwhile.
If WCE don't change back to the TP then Richmond can go on their merry way with their current two jumpers.

Back