Scandal White Supremacist Eagles?

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that that the sign you make so when your mates looks at it you punch them?

Mind my ignorance but what is the link to white supremacy?

Isn't that that the sign you make so when your mates looks at it you punch them?

Apparently in recent times it has also been used as a subtle white supremacy symbol. From wikipedia...

"According to the ADL, by 2019 some white supremacists had begun using the OK symbol "as a sincere expression of White Supremacy", and many white supremacists have acknowledged using the symbol as a gesture of White Power."

It was hijacked by white supremacists, having largely started as a 4chan prank but actually catching on. It's also just ballgazing, which is almost certainly what these boys are doing

Apparently in recent times it has also been used as a subtle white supremacy symbol. From wikipedia...

"According to the ADL, by 2019 some white supremacists had begun using the OK symbol "as a sincere expression of White Supremacy", and many white supremacists have acknowledged using the symbol as a gesture of White Power."

Yep, I bet Jamaine Jones is definitely doing it for this purpose

Idiots it's a ball gazer..
You do it around your balls, if someone looks, they a punch in the arm for looking at your balls..

Was a thing 2 years ago, must of just made it to Perth
I mean, I recall doing this with my mates nearly 20 years ago so I'm sure it's been around for a very long time.

Part of the game was wearing the below outfit though, which I thought was weird, but fancy dress can be fun at times I suppose.

1620018910553.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it can mean white supremacy, it can also mean "okay" and can also be juvenile pranking. Perhaps the question could've been low key asked before jumping to the worst possible outcome, but at this point in time we do like to just always assume the absolute worst of every person and their actions at all times.

Idiots it's a ball gazer..
You do it around your balls, if someone looks, you punch them in the arm for looking at your balls..

Was a thing 2 years ago, must of just made it to Perth
Longer than that. First I remember hearing about it was on Malcolm in the Middle. That finished in 2006 but was in earlier episodes.
Reckon more people know it as the look and punch game than a white supremacist thing (not denying that it's used that way by some). Plus the fact that one of the Indigenous players is doing it, highly doubt that's what they're intending.

Sadly the "OK" symbol has been appropriated by white supremacists. Or at least believed to be, which makes it near enough.
Here is an example.
1620024587326.png

So now we're in a world where if someone makes that symbol for one of a variety of non white supremacist reasons, and someone sees it and wishes to pursue that narrative, well here we are.

Saw a few examples last year:
"Oh my God, the police are blatantly flashing white supremacist symbols at us". No, they were wearing masks and were signing "are you OK?" (scuba-diving style)
"Look, the Covington Catholics are flashing white supremacist signs during this game". No, the game is basketball and that sign is for a 3 pointer, which they are celebrating on the sideline.

And so on. Facts don't matter.

It's just one of those things. A person can choose to interpret it in a particular way which can cause trouble for you. If you use the symbol genuinely, it behooves you to know that now, sadly.

And yeah, I think ball gazer has been around a really long time, but I can't remember exactly. But I don't think it's anywhere close to being recent-ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back