Who’s Richmond’s best kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Prob the goals from outside 50 ,Refer 3 v Coll, or the left footer v PA to seAl the game , they look like no lie floaters too me

shorty had the best kicking efficiency in his draft year. been a bit wobbly since

Very difficult question. In general I would say JR has it if you take in everything.

Dusty does the impossible often, but is also often wayward.

The 2 that really open the game up for us though are Cotch and Sheds. They often sparkle with genius in situations most players hack it down the line.

When you have Bachar, Short, Vlas and Baker delivering it forward you have a great base to work off. People trash Shorty, but he usually is playing to a style where he kicks it 50-60m to a spot like no one else in our team. That create opportunities others don't. But running through congestion off half back give me Bachar any way.

We don't have the super kick that some teams do. But we have many players capable of doing things really well. And players that use their kicking in different ways, which makes us hard to stop.

I always cringe when commentators say scrubby or bad kick from dusty. Usually it’s cause the forwards have no separation so he kicks it along the ground to the advantage of our players. So much better that kicking it down the throat of a spare. Which we did for so many years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always cringe when commentators say scrubby or bad kick from dusty. Usually it’s cause the forwards have no separation so he kicks it along the ground to the advantage of our players. So much better that kicking it down the throat of a spare. Which we did for so many years.

Long live the 2017 grubber kick! We won a flag kicking the ball at Jack's feet.

1) Caddy...best Set shot in the team And great field kicks too,
2) Dusty... does the most incredible kicks but sometimes they don’t come off.
3) Vlastuin... goes under the radar but is very good.
4) Shai....he could end up being the best in the team at his rate.
5) jack R....brilliant around the corner and very very good everywhere else- could be higher up the list.

5) jack R....brilliant around the corner and very very good everywhere else- could be higher up the list.
Quoting for the Shai Bolton mention - is a very very good kick of the footy.
Final versus Brisbane after his big mark - quick looooong kick to Lynch - plenty of examples of others too....

Elite: Martin, Riewoldt, Baker
Very good: Stack, Bolton
Good: Short, Caddy, Vlastuin, Houli, Pickett
Average: Astbury, Rioli, Lynch, Graham, Cotchin, Edwards, Grimes, Nankervis, Lambert, Prestia
Below average: Broad, Soldo
Poor: Castagna

I should have mentioned caddy yep is pure a lot of the time , love that goal in the QF that one really made it hurt , ‘‘twas a lovely kick

I dunno, but Edwards is the best handballer and the best combination of handball and kick.

He'd go close to taking out all three, though not necessarily for shots at goal.

Who is everyone’s pick for kick out of a clearance/traffic?

I have jack as the best field kick, Dusty around goals (In play), caddy for a set shot but in terms of just trying to get a dirty clearance by foot dion is extremely valuable

Vlastuin is really wierd in that his kicks are very basic to my eye but he hits targets more regularly than anyone else in the team. Feel very safe with him with ball in hand.

Dusty has that Stevie J, suckling licence to do the high damage kicks that sometime skew.

Last edited:
Who is everyone’s pick for kick out of a clearance/traffic?

I have jack as the best field kick, Dusty around goals (In play), caddy for a set shot but in terms of just trying to get a dirty clearance by foot dion is extremely valuable
Yea pretty good , I love sheddas work in tight , can thread a handball through the eye of a needle , Shai has great potential in this dept, one to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back