Who’s the best contested player in the comp?

Who is the best inside mid in the comp?

• Cripps

• Neal

• Cunnington

• Fyfe

• Boak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps is the best player on this list, but Cunnington is the best contested ball winner.

I'm not sure who the best contestant is, though.

Do you mean 'Contested'?

Tom Mitchell when he's up & about.....Easily.

Yeah. I can’t edit the title.

I don’t just mean pure numbers, it’s the quality of the ball use when they win it. For example, when Ziebell is played in the middle he can win the ball but will often play for territory, just blindly kicking the ball forward.

On the other hand we have Cunnington who is more careful with his ball use when he wins it, finding a teammate on the outside and maintaining possession.

Yeah. I can’t edit the title.

I don’t just mean pure numbers, it’s the quality of the ball use when they win it. For example, when Ziebell is played in the middle he can win the ball but will often play for territory, just blindly kicking the ball forward.

On the other hand we have Cunnington who is more careful with his ball use when he wins it, finding a teammate on the outside and maintaining possession.

Mitchell is the reigning Brownlow Medallist who posted the 2 highest ever possession counts in 2 AFL years, in the history of the game….He's the best inside mid currently.

Fyfe by a fair margin unbeatable one on one and in the air Cripps doesn’t have fyfes aerial ability

Mitchell is the reigning Brownlow Medallist who posted the 2 highest ever possession counts in 2 AFL years, in the history of the game….He's the best inside mid currently.

Cunnington for me is a better contested ballk winner and inside midfielder than Mitchell.

Mitchell however spreads so much better and is able to influence more contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I agree.

Best contested ball player is Cunnington.

Best inside mid is either Mitchell or Fyfe.

If Dustin Martin is injury free & in a serious mood, then Cunnington wouldn't stand a chance.....Same goes for Fyfe, Dangerfield, Cripps & Pendlebury.

They'd all tear him a new one.

If Dustin Martin is injury free & in a serious mood, then Cunnington wouldn't stand a chance.....Same goes for Fyfe, Dangerfield, Cripps & Pendlebury.

They'd all tear him a new one.

Agree to disagree. Cunnington for me knows how to extract a ball better than anybody else. His major issue is after that point he can't spread fast enough to impact the next contest unless it is a stoppage

Agree to disagree. Cunnington for me knows how to extract a ball better than anybody else. His major issue is after that point he can't spread fast enough to impact the next contest unless it is a stoppage

Tom Mitchell has him covered on the extraction factor....No one player wins more of their own ball from a pack situation than Mitchell.

No Dustin Martin, No Patrick Dangerfield & No Tom Mitchell?....Fair Dinkum.

Also, the thread heading is incompatible with the poll question.

I may have worded it wrong. I meant the best contested ball winners, best at extracting the ball from congestion and getting it to a teammate.

This is the current standings by numbers,

7E48707B-BD64-4202-ACAC-6A9C48513490.jpeg A879BD55-2FBA-4B65-A853-473ADA043E22.png

Of that group of ball winners, Cunners is 78% efficiency, Oliver 70%, Fyfe 72%, Neal 79%, Boak 64%, Cripps 75%

The rest obviously aren’t in the conversation because they don’t win enough ball.

Might as well disregard mitchell from the convo for now, as he's injured for the year.

Dusty/Dangerfield play too much forward for mine.

Cunningtons a great player but is not as damaging as fyfe/neale right now imo.

I'd say clayton oliver's not quite ready to be considered as one of the best mids in the comp this year

Bontompelli is having a great year, but is probably not in the convo for best pure contested player in the comp.

Cripps is definitely in the conversation, and if he weren't carrying a bottom placed Carlton I suspect he'd be even better.

Treloar no. Pendles not this season.

I'd rank them probably 1. fyfe 2. cripps 3 neale 4 cunnington 5 bont

Back