Opinion Who’s your favourite player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Marksup

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One thing I have noticed with this team, which I feel like hasn’t been the case for a long time is the fact that I have way too many favourites. We’ve had some great players over the years e.g. I loved Boomer, Wellsy, Cunners and Drew, among others. However, right now it’s a crazy bunch of diverse talent that it’s so hard to pick just a few favourites.

If I had to pick one, it’s Tarryn for me, but then other days it’s Zurhaar, LDU, Powelly, Jy or Luke. Now I’m starting to add JHF to that mix with some of the things I’m hearing on here about him and he hasn’t even played a game yet!

It can only be a positive that this is how I’m sure many of us feel about the current group.

P.s. I love everyone who pulls on the blue and white guernsey, but you’re lying if you don’t have a few favourites.

Cunners, always.

But in general, as I get older I think of them more as favourite players to watch rather than favourites, especially as I'm older than most of them now. Outside of Cunners, Jyza's definitely been my favourite player to watch over the last couple of years. He's just that ******* good.

it's jack mahony. i can no longer deny it. just a wonderful charismatic little man who i cannot help but barrack for

Lindsay Thomas. :heart:

But with Waitey and Jasper following close behind. What can I say, I'm a sucker for character. (Although Waitey played some very good footy for us too!)

Of the current group, I'd say Lazzaro, Powell, and Perez are at the top, but Atu may usurp one of them for the top 3 this year. Still love Larkey, and I hope 2022 sees us with a better Forward structure around him.

Of the girls, Kashy and Aileen, of course! But Daisy Bateman right up there too, along with the incredible Ash Riddell.

Looking forward to all this year brings. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Gilroy and Bruton are my favorite AFLW players.

Bruton's awesome. Sometimes I'll just watch her alone for like minutes and minutes of play. She just never stops hassling and smashing people. Never stands still. She's smart too. I'd be very nervous if she was anywhere near me on the field and I was playing against her. Her and Ash, two of our tiniest players, but geez, watch out!

Lachie Young

( l'm for the underdog )

north melbourne celebrations GIF by AFL

I just can’t pick one.

Cunners is like the conductor out there - all matrix style with time slowing down then turning the terminator the next with brute force.
After that there’s about 10 or so that pretty level led by the likes of Jy, Zurhaar, bmac, jed to the younguns like Powell , Phillips and Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back