Oppo Camp Who’s your team

As per thread title - Which Team Would You Like to Win The Flag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vdubs they're stronger than the rest...

Biggest AND the best?
Why are you including me here? Definitely an admirer. Have ALWAYS been a Toby Greene fan.
Because they have exceeded my expectations?
I'd be happy if they go all the way, but still can't see it.
Form, and structure wise, they can do it, but beating Pies on a Friday night at the G? THAT is massive. Daicos back, Moore in form, Maynard on Toby, it'll be a brilliant game, and GWS did beat Pies in a prelim not so long ago, although it was a wet Saturday avo slog.

Jfi, does anyone know if there has ever been a GF where both teams did not finish top 4 prefinals?
The odds for a Blues GWS GF???

Lordy the PA forum makes for some uncomfortable reading. I thought this forum really jumped on Chris Scott at times prior to his 22 flag but boy oh boy wowee are they anti Hinkley.

I’m on the blues wagon

Why are you including me here? Definitely an admirer. Have ALWAYS been a Toby Greene fan.
Because they have exceeded my expectations?
I'd be happy if they go all the way, but still can't see it.
Form, and structure wise, they can do it, but beating Pies on a Friday night at the G? THAT is massive. Daicos back, Moore in form, Maynard on Toby, it'll be a brilliant game, and GWS did beat Pies in a prelim not so long ago, although it was a wet Saturday avo slog.

Jfi, does anyone know if there has ever been a GF where both teams did not finish top 4 prefinals?
The odds for a Blues GWS GF???
Sorry, just meant as a bit of fun. I know you didn't dislike them, mine is simply a tongue in cheek follow up to that original comment ("but they won't be playing finals this year?"). A prelim from there - in style, on the road and doing it quite comfortably - is a nice ride.

I don't think that has happened before. 3rd vs 6th in 2019, is the lowest I can find.

Sorry, just meant as a bit of fun. I know you didn't dislike them, mine is simply a tongue in cheek follow up to that original comment ("but they won't be playing finals this year?"). A prelim from there - in style, on the road and doing it quite comfortably - is a nice ride.

I don't think that has happened before. 3rd vs 6th in 2019, is the lowest I can find.
GWS beating Carlton was big, a real momentum instigator as it turns out. But looking back, they have been impressive this year, particularly when it counts.
I'm happy that the 4 Prelim finals teams are the ones we have not beaten.

With no 'Aints, it's all the way with Toby Greene for me.

Orange tsunami it is. Enjoying the way that they are going about it. Looking forward to watching Greene win the Norm Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clear order for me:

1. GWS
2. Carlton
3. Brisbane
4. Collingwood

So I'm supporting the Giants, but I'd also be fine with the Blues winning to be honest. Don't like Brisbane at all but at least they're a non-Victorian side so I won't have to see as much media coverage of them if they win or put up with as many of their fans.

A Pies premiership though would be a disaster. :sick:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quickly on the Storm, they are to be admired.

They're probably the most like Geelong in terms of how they operate, and that's clearly due to the close relationship between the two clubs.

Much like the Cats, they won premierships with a freakishly talented side. Inglis, Folau, Smith, Cronk & Slater. Some of the best players to ever play the game, much like our club during our dynasty.

They got caught cheating, and premierships were rightly stripped of them. However, much like Geelong they've proven over the following years that their success wasn't some flash in the pan due to talent.

Just on that, what's weird about Rugby League is they seem to have the belief the AFL had 30 years ago.

It's speculated that clubs may be cheating, but it's all a bit nudge nudge, wink wink. It's almost accepted that a lot of clubs have under the table deals going on, where that's far less common in our game (Unless you listen to Richmond supporters)

They've gone from the 'The Big 3' to now having a big 4. Munster, Papenhuyzen, Hughes, & Grant.

They've remained up the top the whole time, while re-tooling their side with castoffs & rejects, and turning those players into guns of the competition...Sound familiar?

They've been told virtually every year that it's going to be the end, and the run will finally be over...Sound familiar?

They're the enemy of journalists and the media, due to being 'boring' & 'stale' because it's the same thing every year. More and more success...Sound familiar?

What's commonly attributed to their success is the 'Storm System', and the 'Storm culture'. A culture where everybody is considered equal, and you'll get the results if you work for them.

Just like our club, many a player have come in and out, and spoken about how their experience there is unlike any other, and how you realise very quickly why they are as successful as they are.
Agree completely.ALWAYS in contention

Interesting puff bit on SEN. According to Champion Data, none of the 4 remaining teams are as complete and bullet proof like Geelong at this time last year, they all have their weaknesses on the ground that make them beatable.

It makes me think 2 things:

1. Our best from 22 is better than anyone's best this year. And had we got near that level, then we could've gone back to back so we definitely blew it.

2. If we can get anywhere close to it next year or somehow back to the same level as 22, we're absolutely a chance to win next year. (Although I think it's a big IF) so I hope we're up for a big preseason and the boys are mentally prepared to climb the mountain again.

Interesting puff bit on SEN. According to Champion Data, none of the 4 remaining teams are as complete and bullet proof like Geelong at this time last year, they all have their weaknesses on the ground that make them beatable.

It makes me think 2 things:

1. Our best from 22 is better than anyone's best this year. And had we got near that level, then we could've gone back to back so we definitely blew it.

2. If we can get anywhere close to it next year or somehow back to the same level as 22, we're absolutely a chance to win next year. (Although I think it's a big IF) so I hope we're up for a big preseason and the boys are mentally prepared to climb the mountain again.
Many think what you have just said.
Others think we were perfectly prepared and everything fell into place in 22, and Selwood, Danger, Smith and JC were perfectly primed.
2 gone, 2 are 2 years older, and we have not improved our list yet.
It would be miraculous for us to re-achieve what we did in 22, and all we can do is hope 17 other teams stay as incomplete as they are and that we are able to pinch one for a change without necessarily being totally dominant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back