Prediction Who are geelongs biggest flag threats

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Who do you believe are geelongs biggest threats to a flag in 2020??

right up there again in 2020 as a flag hopeful.

simple question. Who do you think are our biggest flag threats and why??

for me there are two sides With a third a little behind:

1. Richmond: best team in the AFL. Not much explanation required. Will be formidable.

2. Collingwood: bit of a sleeper in 2020, but they match up against us better than most other teams. Have a midfield that gives ours a lesson each time we play them. Need to match them around the ball and figure out how to spread and carry against collingwood or we won’t beat them. The midfield battle we need to finally break even or win it.

3. West coast- not as big a threat as the first two. But very formidable ruck and forward line that can cause us headaches. Have greater confidence against them than Richmond and collingwood.

Richmond, theirs to lose would love to avoid them.
i agree id be more comfortable if pies were eliminated too.

1. Richmond: best team in the AFL. Not much explanation required. Will be formidable.

2. Collingwood: bit of a sleeper in 2020, but they match up against us better than most other teams. Have a midfield that gives ours a lesson each time we play them. Need to match them around the ball and figure out how to spread and carry against collingwood or we won’t beat them. The midfield battle we need to finally break even or win it.

3. West coast- not as big a threat as the first two. But very formidable ruck and forward line that can cause us headaches. Have greater confidence against them than Richmond and collingwood.
Swap Collingwood and West Coast, If the Pies get De Goey, Mayne and one or two others back they will be tough.
I feel a bit arrogant leaving Port and the Bearlions out too.
* it there is no givemes.Tigers flag to lose I guess.

Yep those are the three. Reasonable chance another team deals with Collingwood for us but we probably have to go through the other two. Past years have shown we're capable of losing to anyone in finals though so could absolutely go down to Port and Brisbane too. But one of these years things have to come together at the right time, right?

I think we are a significantly better team than last year and tigers at best are treading water. This doesn't guarantee anything but should give us some confidence going forward. If we can force tigers to 5th (hoping WCE dont lose 2+ games in the run home) that would help things even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any team that gets momentum in October.
If we could reproduce the form we had v Port, Saints and Lions, I'd be reasonably confident, but we may have to play Port in Adelaide which would be more challenging.
The Tigers game will have a big influence on our apparent improvement and confidence.

The only team? I’d like to hear his reason.

see how we go against Richmond first.

the way I see it there is not much of a talent differential between 1st-8th on the ladder. It’s not the olden days of super power sides in the top four.

straight set exits for top four sides is becoming a normality now even.

a lot of it will come down to form at the right time

Any team we play in the finals.
We can beat them but if we take the foot off the pedals... we are cooked

Go Catters

Collingwood and Richmond. Two teams we have consistently failed to break down. Richmond bring intense pressure which we have not coped with and we just can't score against the Pies.

Any team that gets momentum in October.
If we could reproduce the form we had v Port, Saints and Lions, I'd be reasonably confident, but we may have to play Port in Adelaide which would be more challenging.
The Tigers game will have a big influence on our apparent improvement and confidence.

Port aren't rubbish but if I ran out there in the hoops I'd get a kick. Their game plan of kick it to Charlie will never break us down, regardless of the venue.

scott and our mc is our biggest threat.

no ruckman.
5 key defenders in the side.
no second key forward
chapman to sub.
play the full back on the wing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back