Who are the 5 players your club can least afford to lose in season 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Which players are the most important to your clubs on field success in 2022?

1. H. Andrews
2. D. Rich
3. D. Zorko
4. O. McInerney
5. J. Daniher

With Rayner back and Bailey to get more midfield time, I think Zorko can be covered. Loosing Lyons is a hole I don't think we could fill. He stepped-up in the absence of Neale this year, but not sure there is anyone who could replace/replicate him.

As for Daniher, I'd group that, and say any of the keys forwards - Daniher/Hipwood/McStay/Cameron. The first 4 rounds the forwards looked a bit lost, with Daniher still establishing himself and Charlie spending more time up the ground. When McStay returned in Rd 5 until until Rd 16, the Lions won 10 from 11, only loosing to the Demons. Loosing Hipwood in Rd 17, they again lost their mojo and took several weeks to regain any structure, against lower ranked teams. This was especially telling in the finals when both the Bulldogs and Demons were able to zone-off and forgot about our 3rd tall (Fullerton/Payne).

With Rayner back and Bailey to get more midfield time, I think Zorko can be covered. Loosing Lyons is a hole I don't think we could fill. He stepped-up in the absence of Neale this year, but not sure there is anyone who could replace/replicate him.

As for Daniher, I'd group that, and say any of the keys forwards - Daniher/Hipwood/McStay/Cameron. The first 4 rounds the forwards looked a bit lost, with Daniher still establishing himself and Charlie spending more time up the ground. When McStay returned in Rd 5 until until Rd 16, the Lions won 10 from 11, only loosing to the Demons. Loosing Hipwood in Rd 17, they again lost their mojo and took several weeks to regain any structure, against lower ranked teams. This was especially telling in the finals when both the Bulldogs and Demons were able to zone-off and forgot about our 3rd tall (Fullerton/Payne).
Agreed.
Just on Zorko - I have him so high because of the pressure and impact he has. He leads the team by example with his supreme pressure, and also hurts when he finds the footy. There's not many players on our list like him.

Losing either Mcstay or Daniher would hurt our structure big time. I guess with Fort coming in it helps a little if Daniher misses.

Last edited:

For the swans it’s:

1. James Bell
2. Sam Reid
3. Lewis Melican
4. Oliver Florent
5. Dylan Stephens

Without them, we’d have no one left to roast on our board.

Wally wines
Zaccy buttersy
Sir Charles Dixon (we have no game plan other than bomb it on his head)
Trevor Boak (still our second best mid)
His royal highness Aliir Aliir, the Sudanese Saviour of PAFC

If Dixon is worthy of Sir, then a gun like Aliir is surely a step above.

no Danger?
Not in 2021. He missed 8 games early and was never in the top half dozen or so, it's now been proven his injury at finals time was worse than they ever let on. Danger is always hard to replace, but Stewart and Duncan were the keys for me and then they lost Cameron for 5 weeks in July/August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tobias Greene
Toby Greene
Toby F&@¥king Greene
TFG
T Greene

Far out, if they’re the 5 players your club can least afford to lose, welcome to the bottom of the ladder for years to come. It’s not as bad as what people say.

Hardwick is our best lockdown defender. One of the most underrated players in the comp.

Day and CJ are the future of our rebounding defence. Day has already proven how important he is this season in the 5 games he played. (We won 3. He scored Brownlow votes in one).

Moore almost played Gunstons role as the link man. Lead us for tackles inside 50 and came second in our goal kicking. Underrated like Hardwick is.

If all 4 of those boys play 22 games we'll be a far better side in 2022.

PS. Don't need to justify the importance of Sicily.

Martin - the matchwinner who can turn games

Nankervis - easily our best ruck and can do it on his own if needed

Balta - has the size and athleticism to play on any forward, also intercept ability and can ruck or go forward

Prestia - he's our best pure clearance/inside midfielder which we lack

Riewoldt - still worth 50 goals a year, creates goals for others, very crafty and smart player and can play the solo forward if he has to

1. Jacob Weitering
2. Charlie Curnow
3. Sam Walsh
4. David Cuningham
5. Harry McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back