Opinion Who are the AFL's best special comments experts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I would vote for Wayne Carey, Leigh Mathews , Dermott Brereton , Gerard Healy and Nick Dal Santo.

Yeap, Dunstall is up there, doesn't waffle on like a Dermie
Dermie is up with the best if you can look past the fact he says 100 words that could’ve been said in 20 or less. Strange to me that my two favourite comments guys are ex Hawks.

Ronald McDonald who won a premiership as captain for us is probably the worst.

Dermie is up with the best if you can look past the fact he says 100 words that could’ve been said in 20 or less. Strange to me that my two favourite comments guys are ex Hawks.

I like that he actually talks about the game and what the average viewer might not see or recognise (albeit in too many words).

Richo, Riewoldts, Hodge, Dunstal, Dermie and despite what people might say I like Eddie if he counts a special commentator. These former players imo give the best insight into the game.

Dunno if you guys notice but Alastair Lynch takes a weird wheezy breath in every time he starts a sentence. It bloody annoys me, sorry if you can’t unhear it now lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will Schofield

Kane Cornes no contest. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronald McDonald who won a premiership as captain for us is probably the worst.
Lingy is a shocker.

Same every single game.

Whoever is behind at half time he says:

"The so and sos need to be braver with their ball movement".

Ok thanks super coach.

If ur brave with ball movement u win apparently.

Cant believe the coaches haven't figured that out.

Last edited:
Lingy is a shocker.

Same every single game.

Whoever is behind at half time he says:

"The so and sos need to be braver with their ball movement".

That's all he ever says.
I heard this dickhead talk s**t about Geelong for at least five years and he supposedly happy when we won a flag? what is the opposite of crocodile tears?

I would vote for Wayne Carey, Leigh Mathews , Dermott Brereton ,
Stopped reading there

You asked for best, not worst.

Dermie is the BT of Special comments

Was once great, but drank their own bathwater and are now without a doubt the worst in the industry.

If he rewinds the clock 5 years. Yes. Best (along with Healy and Dunstall) - But now? Worst.

Stopped reading there

You asked for best, not worst.

Dermie is the BT of Special comments

Was once great, but drank their own bathwater and are now without a doubt the worst in the industry.
Carey gives good insight from a players point of view, Brereton finds things that others don't and Mathews is always spot on imo.

Carey gives good insight from a players point of view, Brereton finds things that others don't and Mathews is always spot on imo.
Such as 'Last year Adelaide entered their game with Hawthorn without a win and walked away with the 4 points'

Interesting fact - Adelaide entered their game with Hawthorn 3-2 and walked away with a loss

Seriously (or not) I do like Dunstall.
Dodo.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back