Player Watch Who are the AFL's most 'banged up' players?

Which 3 players are the most banged up? Three votes.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Joel Selwood
Scott Pendlebury

Great players but the wear and tear is catching up to them
Pendlebury made the AA squad in 2018, i guess its just a few panel blokes opinion but i dont think its caught up to him as much as Selwood.

Fourthawn

Senior List
May 2, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's not there yet but I fear that Buddy is starting to show signs of being banged up. Throughout last season he often looked like he was playing under duress and, although he still had moments of ludicrous brilliance, I thought they were starting to become rarer and rarer.
I hope I'm wrong because I love watching him play but I fear that father time will catch up with him soon.

Oh, and also, Jarryd Roughead is well and truly banged up. The wear and tear through his various battles has well and truly caught up to him.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I've added this picture of Jarryd Roughead and also a POLL.
images (91).jpeg

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Pretty annoyed that you've put every banged up Geelong player in your poll minus Taylor, then like the 3rd-10th most banged up players from every other club.

Fyfe but not Sandilands cmon lol? That guys been banged up for a decade. The staple boy for this poll, yet you elect Nat Fyfe.
And what about Sean Burgoyne in the last 2 months of the comp? He's more cooked than half the players in your poll and will play less games than most of them next year.

thetank

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jesse Hogan's pretty battered. Back problems, genitals, foot injuries. Can't get a break, the big fella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty annoyed that you've put every banged up Geelong player in your poll minus Taylor, then like the 3rd-10th most banged up players from every other club.

Fyfe but not Sandilands cmon lol? That guys been banged up for a decade. The staple boy for this poll, yet you elect Nat Fyfe.
And what about Sean Burgoyne in the last 2 months of the comp? He's more cooked than half the players in your poll and will play less games than most of them next year.
I was thinking more about players that are 'banged up' from being banged into.Players involved in collisions alot.I didn't pick chronically injured players like Sandilands or semi-retired types like Scully and Picken .The physical collisions take a toll it's an understated part of the game.I can see your frustration at having Dangerwood and Ablett all looking banged up at times and there's not much that can be done about it.
1500107314265.jpg

Back