Who are the best assistant coaches?

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks assistant coaches are no good. Nothing to see at our club. After Simpson, Bolton, Hardwick, Beveridge, Fagan... none left.

I heard there was some good assistant coaches at other clubs. I suggest you go look there.[/QU
Hawks assistant coaches are no good. Nothing to see at our club. After Simpson, Bolton, Hardwick, Beveridge, Fagan... none left.

I heard there was some good assistant coaches at other clubs. I suggest you go look there.
Leon cameron aswell

I heard there was some good assistant coaches at other clubs. I suggest you go look there.
Leon cameron aswell

Initially wasnt sure of Simmo, but he got his act together. Mitch is living up to the hype.

Do I get to revise these thoughts if we lose on the weekend.

PS: Hodgey is earning his keep in Brissy ?
Well done Clarko though he owes plenty to Choco.

Caracella - Played in flags under Sheedy and Matthews and played under Malthouse, coached under Malthouse, Chris Scott, Dimma.

Bret Ratten
This is the kicker.

You don't know how good an assistant is as a fan, until they get a gig as head coach. WC assistants over the last few years that have done well have been Walsh and Pyke. Former players that we developed as assistants then who moved on to more senior roles have been Cox, now at Sydney and Glass, first at Adelaide and now Hawthorn. I suspect Glass is going to be a gun.

But, experience counts. Ratten was a decent coach, given the shambles Carlton have been under Malthouse and Bolton, I reckon he may have been underestimated. Vossy had some bad luck and terrible list management, the fault of all involved. He still made finals with no support, almost nill experience and an average list. Reckon he probably makes a great assistant. Both he and Ratten should also coach again as the number one. Follow the American path, a failed coach is usually better for the experience. Sucking in your first gig is usually seen as a positive.

Caracella - Played in flags under Sheedy and Matthews and played under Malthouse, coached under Malthouse, Chris Scott, Dimma.
It's why Robbo and Loyd were trying so hard to sandbag Worsfold, they want Caracella. Forcing the sacking of a coach, by pressuring club connections and a media campaign could be an awful move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back