Who are the best commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Robertson and Kenny Albert are the top two in my opinion. Both call a good game, solid voices and neither act like their cat has pissed on their breakfast when the opposition scores. The guy in Denver is the top culprit in that aspect. Pete Weber in Nashville would get on the podium for third spot.

Dave Mishkin is the worst, there is no need to scream like a banshee when “your team” scores.
Joe Bowen a close second, “Holy Mackinaw Joe, take five minutes to learn how to pronounce players’ names correctly.”

Dave Mishkin carries on, but his screaming is well and truly offset by Phil Esposito. Phil's trademark gravelly voice is brilliant - and his "tell like it is" style is very entertaining. Phil turns 80 next Feb, but hope he keeps going for a while yet.................

Dave Mishkin carries on, but his screaming is well and truly offset by Phil Esposito. Phil's trademark gravelly voice is brilliant - and his "tell like it is" style is very entertaining. Phil turns 80 next Feb, but hope he keeps going for a while yet.................

Agreed.
Need a Mishkin mute button with only Espo’s comments (gasps and grumbles) being audible.

Pierre Houde. It shits me that NHL.tv is no longer available in Australia and I can't watch the Habs in French anymore. Does anyone know if there's any way to get the RDS/TVA French language Hockey broadcasts in Australia legally? Watch ESPN doesn't carry the French language broadcasts.

Pierre Houde. It shits me that NHL.tv is no longer available in Australia and I can't watch the Habs in French anymore. Does anyone know if there's any way to get the RDS/TVA French language Hockey broadcasts in Australia legally? Watch ESPN doesn't carry the French language broadcasts.

Don’t think you can, might be a good thing this season.
Maybe they get it sorted next year.

Don’t think you can, might be a good thing this season.
Maybe they get it sorted next year.

True, this season is a dumpster fire, but I have always found the best way to try keep up my French has been watching my Habs. Really missing it this season, even if there's not much to enjoy on the ice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back