Preview Who are the neutrals supporting and why?

Who will you be supporting as a neutral

• Collingwood

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 142 72.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This!

And a natural empathy with the interstate side. I also like the way the Eagles have ignored the pundits and been genuine contenders all year.

I also saw the mobs of very happy Pies fans after the SF and couldn't begrudge them a flag.

Both sides have earned their spots with a great finals series on the back of a top 4 finish.
Understand that.

Eddie is a bit of a dick, but we love him for what he has done for us.

Collingwood.
1-Get to welcome another team to the 16 club, and add some spice to the "who gets to 17 first" discussion......its been a dull conversation this past 2 decades.
2-Ess v WCE & Margetts. that game still sticks in my craw. I'm not ready to support the Eagles yet.
3-Stephenson to become the 1st Rising Star winner to win a premiership medal in the same year.
4-2 time premiership captain Scott Pendlebury....hard to ignore that when acknowledging just how good this guy is.
5-Treloar....so people can stop bringing up the list quote. Kid wasn't wrong at the time and he isn't wrong now.
6-Half the family goes for Collingwood.
7-Want to see a kid try get a premiership medal over Cox's head
8-People thought Dimma should go in 2016. People thought Bucks should go in 2017. Pies win this, i'm starting a faux board challenge at the Dons to remove Woosha. Sorry Woosh, i don't mean it. Just want a flag.
I forgot about that balding campaigner, what a joke it is that he's umpired so many of WCE games over the years, such a blatant cheat.

Interstate fans have a warped perception of what Victorians like and hate. Most of us will be barracking hard for West Coast. The big Vic clubs won’t have the support of neutral Vics.
As a West Coast supporter I made the trip in 2015 (to see us get smashed by Hawthorn) and was truly surprised by the pro-West Coast support from the majority on Victorians. During the week I spent in Melbourne the only people I met who wanted Hawthorn to win were Hawthorn supporters... and Fremantle supporters.

Last edited:
As a West Coast supporter I made the trip in 2015 (to see us get smashed by Hawthorn) and was truly surprised by the pro-West Coast support from the majority on Victorians. During the week I spent in Melbourne the only people I met who wanted Hawthorn to win were Hawthorn supporters... and Fremantle supporters.
Will be the same again. Go Eagles!!!

Will be the same again. Go Eagles!!!
Thanks! My first experience of Vics supporting West Coast was when walking past a coffee shop the morning I arrived in Melbourne. Two guys sitting there yelled "Go Eagles". I asked them who they normally support and they said "Not Hawthorn". Turned out they were Carton supporters! ;)

Thanks! My first experience of Vics supporting West Coast was when walking past a coffee shop the morning I arrived in Melbourne. Two guys sitting there yelled "Go Eagles". I asked them who they normally support and they said "Not Hawthorn". Turned out they were Carton supporters! ;)
In my early 20's circle of friends had two brothers that we got to know from Perth that lived here for about 5 years. Had some fun times out, when we were really drunk we might even sing the Eagles theme song with them for a laugh. Still remember us all standing in outer together at Princes Park when Bradley kicked the epic goal against Eagles in 1994. We could see it bend around go straight through. They just looked at me and said get ****ed but laughing their head off how good the game was and atmosphere even though mostly surrounded by Carlton people going off. They got to see the 94 flag as Eagles supporters living here. Then back to Perth a few years later to carry on with the old man's business there. They were lucky to see the league when a few clubs still had homegrounds here and not sanitised like going to football is now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take my hat off to Collingwood for a great year.
Very simular to the great Richmond side of 2017 :p ....nearly sacking their coach...everybody has bought in and now they are pressing for a flag...
But if there is a God...West Coast should win.

I'd probably prefer West Coast to win but not really bothered if Pies win either. As long as it wasn't Richmond or Melbourne I am happy.

I am interested in who the neutrals are supporting this week.

I assume most Vic's, Bris supporters and swans supporters will support West Coast.

Pies may have the support of freo fans.

However, I would love to hear reasons why you will be supporting either team.

Edit:Sorry mods, please merge or delete as I didn't see other thread.
Pies. Why would us vic supporters (unless we were alive in the thirties) go for the eagles over collingwood?

Back