Who are the top 10 midfielders in the league?

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
A bird reference. Interesting given Selwood is 99% duck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't talking about Selwood? I mentioned Martin has he was previously considered top 10 but but currently out of the top 50 mids currently playing and Cotchin who is so outside he might be considered an astronaut before he is considered a midfielder?

A bird reference. Interesting given Selwood is 99% duck.

An ignorant and pathetic post. But destined to get likes by all those sheep like you. It is possible to appreciate the great skills , talent and courage players like both Selwood and Cotchin exhibit without resorting to petty descriptions like yours.

Hard to see a Richmond mid cracking the top 30 currently. Cochin such a seagull he might morph into a bird

I wasn't talking about Selwood? I mentioned Martin has he was previously considered top 10 but but currently out of the top 50 mids currently playing and Cotchin who is so outside he might be considered an astronaut before he is considered a midfielder?

Dude, first quote is what i responded to. Put the bong down.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

They’re really not.

And yet won more games than any other team the last two years and won a flag. But, I understand why you don’t recognise what a premiership midfield looks like. It’s ok. When you typed that, did you wear your preliminaryship t shirt?

An ignorant and pathetic post. But destined to get likes by all those sheep like you. It is possible to appreciate the great skills , talent and courage players like both Selwood and Cotchin exhibit without resorting to petty descriptions like yours.

Funny how you don’t have the ability to see what i was responding too. You reckon i just led with that? Way to lead with your chin. It was a pathetic Geelong supporter i was responding too. Would you care to give him a bake as well? Thought not. Back in your hole small fry.

DopeMaster

Fair Legend
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
And yet won more games than any other team the last two years and won a flag. But, I understand why you don’t recognise what a premiership midfield looks like. It’s ok. When you typed that, did you wear your preliminaryship t shirt?

That’s fabulous mate but the fact remains, all very average types.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Two brownlows in our midfield and all premiership players. More than what’s in the current “preliminaryship” champion team that is Collingwood. Win something, then we’ll talk.

Go make a list of the top ten midfielders of 2017 then

That’s fabulous mate but the fact remains, all very average types.

No probs “king of weed”.

Go make a list of the top ten midfielders of 2017 then

Maybe i will. Maybe i will. Can I include 2018 as well?

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Neale has been top 10 for some time to anyone who bothered to watch the bloke IMO.. His form at Brisbane is nothing new - out of the shadow of Fyfe is the only difference..
I watch Freo a lot, l don't usually look at his statistics but this form seems new. I don't remember him getting 35+ possessions with 10+ clearances each game (he has 16 against PA last night and something like 45 possesions). Looks like he has gone up a level.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I watch Freo a lot, l don't usually look at his statistics but this form seems new. I don't remember him getting 35+ possessions with 10+ clearances each game (he has 16 against PA last night and something like 45 possesions). Looks like he has gone up a level.

He's certainly in good form, but he's done similar for freo in the past.
I believe he's #1 for possessions over the last 3 seasons.

I always said he'd be one player I'd really want from freo, especially when we lacked high possession players.

Glad he's getting some recognition at last.

He has had 30+ disposals and 10+ clearances a bunch of times (including several 40/10's).

Before last night he was averaging 6.5 clearances per game, which falls right in line with his average for the last 4-5 seasons. With the addition of last nights game, his clearance average will be up around 9.5, however it has only been 3 games and 16 is a huge number for a single game, so we can expect this to normalise as the season goes on. It's not unreasonable to suspect he may average 8-8.5 clearances per game this year based on current form, which would be an increase of around 1.5 per game - easily attributable to the fact that he doesn't have Fyfe in the team getting a bunch of clearances himself.

He has also averaged around 30 disposals for 4 seasons straight prior to 2019. He's averaging 38 after last night which again, we should expect to normalise after a 43 disposal game. He has also had a history of stringing together a few games of 35+ in a row.

He is definitely in a purple patch of form but he has also been a gun since essentially 2015. He's certainly showed patches of form in the past similar to this one (even if perhaps slightly below the output of this one).

Playing out of his skin but again, the only real difference is the current form of Brisbane and being out of the Fyfe shadow putting him in the spotlight. Very underrated player in the last few years. Good to see him get some recognition.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Neale has been top 10 for some time to anyone who bothered to watch the bloke IMO.. His form at Brisbane is nothing new - out of the shadow of Fyfe is the only difference..
Yep. Just he played for Fremantle who were Fyfeless, Forwardless and played really well, Was overlooked a bit in the media. He's gone to brisbane and he's the main guy right now. However everyone loves 3 come from behind wins in a team which has been garbage for a long time.

But he was huge last night. Absolutely huge, Ball was slippery ASF and he looked like he was playing in different conditions to 43 other guys.

Hard to see a Richmond mid cracking the top 30 currently. Cochin such a seagull he might morph into a bird
Cotchin has proven to be an excellent mid and captain. He's a recognised gun. He'd walk into every other teams MF

Funny how you don’t have the ability to see what i was responding too. You reckon i just led with that? Way to lead with your chin. It was a pathetic Geelong supporter i was responding too. Would you care to give him a bake as well? Thought not. Back in your hole small fry.

Good point.
I did.
While your reply was clever, it is just said way too often, and it detracts from the sort of player and person Joel Selwood is. 18 coaches would love him as their captain.

Back