Who are the WB playing today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
It is obvious that the WB haven't been in a GF since 1961, nor won one since 1954, but it's also painfully and tediously obvious that every media outlet has focused entirely on the WB, so much so that there is a Sydney vs the world mentality.

It might be important to remember that the Sydney Swans are the old South Melbourne FC, and they too are important within the football fraternity, s much so that many of Victorian neutrals will get behind them, not to mention the Victorian Swans supporters.

Personally, I hope Sydney flog the Bulldogs, and I think they will because they're a far better outfit, but all things going even, it is important to recognise the Bloods today.

Go Swans.

Of course the hype was going to be about the dogs though. It is the main point of interest as it was with the Swans who had what felt like 100% support from neutrals here in 05.

Sydney are not South Melbourne.

This is just offensive. For people whose family has been supporting them for a hundred years, through thick and thin, through 70 years without success and years of sitting down the bottom of the ladder, you can take your childish attitude and shove it.

Say that to Bob Skilton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just offensive. For people whose family has been supporting them for a hundred years, through thick and thin, through 70 years without success and years of sitting down the bottom of the ladder, you can take your childish attitude and shove it.

Say that to Bob Skilton.
Just stating the facts. What the club has done to distance itself from South Melbourne is what's really offensive.

So you're surprised that people are getting behind a team that hasn't been in the GF for 55 years over a team that has had a lot of recent success thanks to the AFL propping them up with COLA and priority access to academy players?

I'm not surprised people are getting behind the fairytale story instead of the AFL's corruption. The media should try to be a bit more impartial though. Having that "Year of the Dogs" documentary on last night was shameful.

So you're surprised that people are getting behind a team that hasn't been in the GF for 55 years over a team that has had a lot of recent success thanks to the AFL propping them up with COLA and priority access to academy players?

I'm not surprised people are getting behind the fairytale story instead of the AFL's corruption. The media should try to be a bit more impartial though. Having that "Year of the Dogs" documentary on last night was shameful.
COLA? Please, look at the swans list, the majority is made up from fourth round picks or trades. Don't start talking about irrelevant factors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back