Prediction Who are you going for?

Remove this Banner Ad

1999? I don't even remember that year, wasn't that the Tim Watson year, the year of that awful Hawks comeback in the game against us, the year where we won 2 games or something like that? You mean it hurt because we were so terrible? Or have I mixed up a year?
Yes.....that was the nightmare game against the Hawks where we were 63 points up early in the second 1/4....and lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it bitter to wish Richmond at least 1 finals failure before they breakthrough? Still salty about the Dogs last year, although they had the prelims in 09/10.

GWS pls, inoffensive, and more likely to get players to move on.

GWS flag might help shake players loose in the near future.
Tiges haven't fired a shot for quite a while, would be an epic party.
Adelaide are awesome to watch, big fan of Eddie and Sloane so good to see them get one.

2009 wasn't that long ago so get absolutely ****** Geelong.

Can live with 3 out of 4 in some small way I guess

I was wondering a few weeks back that if the Tigers did in fact win the flag....when was the last time that a side has won the flag without being in the finals the previous year.

I consulted my bible....the AFL Record-Season 2017 handbook......It's happened twice in the last 20 years.....

The Crows(GULP) won the 1997 flag after finishing 12th in 1996.

The Cats won 2007 having finished 10th in 2006.

2017...?

2016 ......I think the Tiges finished 12th

It happens every 10 years so with the Tiges....it's a real chance.

basically I'm firmly on the "anyone but F***ing Geelong" band wagon !!
would like to see the Crows win it i think Tex holding the cup thanking Phil Walsh would hardly leave a dry eye in the place ... plus if the Crows get a flag after Danger left them would be a sweet revenge for them

Tigers or Crows for me.
I'm going on Saturday and will be barracking hard for the Tiges.

Hate the idea that the Giants get "gifted" a flag with all the talent made available to them. I prefer the narrative that a champion team will beat a team of champions.

Thoroughly sick of the Cats, so not them either.

Not the Plastics hopefully but they looked strong last week.

Like to see Tigers win it. Not because I like them as I don't but more to see how their ferals compare to the Pies.

Tigers or Crows for me.
I'm going on Saturday and will be barracking hard for the Tiges.

Hate the idea that the Giants get "gifted" a flag with all the talent made available to them. I prefer the narrative that a champion team will beat a team of champions.

Thoroughly sick of the Cats, so not them either.
i dont reckon GWS were gifted a flag ... they got pretty much the same as Gold Coast but unlike Gold Coast they didnt stuff it up... there has to be some credit given to them for holding strong to their plan and running it through to the end goal if it was a simple as the AFL gifting them a flag they would be playing Gold coast in the g/f ...
personally i think the best thing to happen to GWS was the fact they missed out on Buddy and possibly the worst thing for GC was landing Gabblet

i dont reckon GWS were gifted a flag ... they got pretty much the same as Gold Coast but unlike Gold Coast they didnt stuff it up... there has to be some credit given to them for holding strong to their plan and running it through to the end goal if it was a simple as the AFL gifting them a flag they would be playing Gold coast in the g/f ...
personally i think the best thing to happen to GWS was the fact they missed out on Buddy and possibly the worst thing for GC was landing Gabblet

Well they haven't been gifted a flag, because they haven't got one... yet.

However, I think it's a slap in the face to any club, like ours, to have been given the pick of the crop of the players at the expense of the clubs who happened to be down at the bottom of the ladder in those years.

I don't care if they win one, eventually, but let them work a little harder for it.
True, they have managed themselves better than the GCS, ( I would feel the same about them) but seriously, I could have done it with the huge hand up they got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back