Who are you going to vote for?

• Thread starter Briedis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Who will you vote for in the federal election? (Lower House)

• Democrats

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Greens

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Independant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Liberal

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • National

• One Nation

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Undecided

• Other

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by PiesPremiers
IF i were old enough, i'd vote Liberal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Stegelator
Same!

Coming from two guys who spend all their time arguing about fantasy footy, I can see the Liberal party will be in safe hands.:confused:

Im voting Liberal...same as i did last time too.
I dont trust Labour - especially after the last two fuknuts they had as Prime Minister in Keating and Hawke
I shudder to think what this country will be like if fat boy Beasley gets elected

Goalden Hawk, what do Labor offer young students that Liberal don't?

Anyway, I got the fright of my life recently. I opened up our letterbox to see a newsletter from our MP. I never knew we had an MP as we never hear or see him until election time.
He never does anything because he is in one of the safest Labor seats in the state so he knows he can do sweet f..k all and still get elected every 4 years.

I will probably vote labor simply because of the labor party's stance on issues such as the republic and aboriginal reconciliation.

I cannot vote for a party that has such mindless buffoons as Howard/Costello/Vanstone/Abbott etc in its ranks. Social vandals that's all they are.

I would have been tempted to vote for the Democrats in the senate but I can't stand that media tart Stott-Despoja.

Good to see labor is cleaning up in this poll; hope it happens in real life as I have got a thousand dollars riding on a labor victory with a mate.

I'll be voting Liberal but I live in a safe Liberal seat so I won't have that much influence.
I hate to imagine what the country will be like if not only Beazley wins, but Crean as treasurer.

I so don't want to vote for anyone!! All as bad at each other. If i vote for Liberal ... my vote won't count anyway as i live in a safe ALP seat. So i guess it comes down to who'll i'll vote for in the Senate, and that'll have to be Natasha and her Democrats!

I try not to vote at all. It only encourages them.

But now that the Liberal Party has made One Nation's policies redundant and exposed half the nation for the racists they always were (funny how vilifying foreigners and Aboriginals was so distasteful when Pauline said it, and now we have a million excuses for it), I'll be votiing Democrat and sending my preferences to Labour.

On a website well endowed with dandiprats it is surprising that Labour (includes Greens and democrats) do not get at least 75% of the vote.
Why they should cognitively choose to vote for lurdans and snollygosters is quite beyond me but in a democratic society we all have the opportunity to be a hoddy-noddy and even post here as a blatherskite.

I'm in a safe Liberal seat, so my vote won't count for anything.

However, I will not be voting for the ALP ("They once attracted the creme of the working class, now they get the dregs of the middle class" - Clyde Cameron....I think) or the Democrats (hey, how are the equal opportunity laws going in Afghanistan today, hey Natasha?)

Totally agree Shinners, the working class now has no representive in government,they are all right wing, the workers are getting screwed by everyone.

So if the 'workers' are getting screwed then who are the people that do not work? Such hoddy-noddy talk gets us nowhere.

We live in a society that has the strongest trade unions in the world and they are apolitical rather than being mostly concerned for the welfare of their members.

There are many instances of employees being exploited by callous owners and managers but even more instances where trade unions have exploited companies with blackmail, unrealistic claims and the imposition of restrictive working practices. The result is seen in Ansett like debacles where the airline could not compete due to high costs. 10 days to service a 737 compared with 3 for other airlines, 50% higher wages than Qantas who in turn are overpaid. This situation is rife in Australia in minesites, building sites, the waterfront etc, etc, etc.......

The penning of a blatherskite should be ignored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some fair points Frodo, but the waterfront has improved out of sight in the last twenty years.

Twenty years ago, if you imported goods into Australia, you could probably nail down an expected delivery date into a four week period. Now you know what day a container will be unloaded.....and you get all your goods instead of finding a few cartons missing.

The mining sites are another story, and it's a mixed one. Rio Tinto has essentially kicked out the unions from their Hammesley Iron Mines by offering the workers better conditions than what the unions could deliver. The thing is that they did this over a couple of years, and when the workplace agreement legislation came in, they said to their workforce, "We offerred you these contracts. There was no negotiation with the unions. So, are you going to be a part of the union or accept these contracts?". Naturally the workforce did not sign up with their unions. Over in the Hunter Valley coalmines though, the CFMEU has an iron grip on the workforce there. It is one of the most militant in the country, but also, it is also one of the most strike free. Rio Tinto management has been able to work out agreements on conditions and productivity with the CFMEU, and both sides seem to be happy with the arrangement.

However, Frodo does have a point about wage negotiations and unrealistic demands. I work in an industry that is very labour intensive, but business owners are reluctant to take on new people because as well as wages, they are required to pay work cover, superannuation, payroll tax, etc. On top of that, if they have to sack the worker, and the worker takes the owner to court for unlawful dismissal, then there are added costs on that. IT's much easier to ask their current workforce to take on more overtime OR hire workers from the contract labour firms. Thus, for the current workers, they can get overworked whilst the ones from the contract firms don't get their dream of having a full time position. In the end, you have less positions available in the current workforce, and if your business is a labour intensive one, you start looking towards Asia and either buying from there or setting up a factory there simply because the labour cost is so much lower.

ALP - 32
Coalition 27

Getting very close now.....

It's been a while since the ALP got a vote. Is that a sign of something?

I hear Johnny has been coming in here everyday to check on how the "real" voters are voting and is shaking in his boots!:D

Originally posted by Dippers Donuts

Good to see labor is cleaning up in this poll; hope it happens in real life as I have got a thousand dollars riding on a labor victory with a mate.

If you can afford $1000 bets why do you support the labor party?:confused: :D

Almost level now...after getting a big lead, the ALP has stopped to a walk in the BigFooty election poll!

Back