Who are you most excited to watch next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

All of them. Loving the attitude from the Saintas.

I've got sneaky feeling you guys could be the bolter next year. List is looking great and Richo's getting results with his methods, he has them collectively motivated to improve with all the right messaging.

Plenty of depth and talent in the young midfield pack and for me personally I'm looking forward to watching that young forward group next year - McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Gresham - more than a lot of other things on the non-Swans footy horizon.

If the rapid progression continues with this evolving new generation and Carlisle can smoothly slot into CHB (and Rooey can go again for one more) you'll be making the eight. The top 10 in your B&F was a great indicator of the impressive leadership this year, not just from the older guys but the younger emerging leaders that placed in there as well.

Keep it up :thumbsu:

Just imagine if we add another academy boy next year....heeney :rolleyes:

Paddy.
Still remember watching him in the bulldogs (I think) game this year where we got spanked and thinking I was looking at a completely different player from year 1. His running completely changed from year 1 to year 2. Walked away from that game thinking he is going to be a serious player. Some of the contested marking he showed during the year put him into elite territory for mine on ability. Will be our best player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the obvious of Paddy and Blake who's wagon i have been on since the first time i saw him on you tube i think White is someone who excites me , if he can put on 5kg over summer and have a ripping pre season ,,, Watch out

Jake Carlisle without a doubt. I know he is being touted as the centre half back for the next 8 years, but I just think Richo will have some special plans for him. Like everyone else I'll certainly cheer hard when he starts marking them in the back half, but I think, if we can get him up to speed aerobically, Richo will be able to use him in a really damaging role that includes forays into the ruck and/or forward 50. I anticipate that JC will really allow Richo to change-up the structure of the team, and I just can't wait to see how it all pans out.

No 1. Hickey for me. If he can back that up again and establish himself as one of the best ruckman in the league. As Richo would say that would be a huge positive for us.

No 2. Bruce breakout year 15, did the work Last year just didn't reward himself. If he can regain some 2015 form we have ourselves a 40/50+ goal forward. With Membrey and McCartins development the better match ups/more one on one opportunities this season. Positive.

No 3. Armos response to last season and with More midfield depth this year will he develope another role outside of his midfield role.

No 4. Carlisle just can't wait to see him in the Saints Guernsey.

No.5 Freeman most important preseason if his career coming up. If he can get thru this one unscathed, his run outside would be handy.

The kids I love Gresham hope he just keeps on next season. Acres if he can improve like Ross did over the preseason like he's in a position to. Skys the limit. Billings is building. Mckenzie gaining confidence. The response from Lonie & Sinclair. Not to mention Rice and White.

Recruits Steele and Stevens bring it on. I can't wait to see how Richo looks to utilise them both. With the flow on of structural/positional changes for next year. Riewoldt wing, Wright forward, Gilbert midfield, Joey half back as an example of what's ahead.

Food For Thought: Weller crashing in and running off half back. A small forwards worst nightmare.

I think I've named half the team.

Can't wait.

Last edited:
No 1. Hickey for me. If he can back that up again and establish himself as one of the best ruckman in the league. As Richo would say that would be a huge positive for us.

No 2. Bruce breakout year 15, did the work Last year just didn't reward himself. If he can regain some 2015 form we have ourselves a 40/50+ goal forward. With Membrey and McCartins development the better match ups/more one on one opportunities this season. Positive.

No 3. Armos response to last season and with More midfield depth this year will he develope another role outside of his midfield role.

No 4. Carlisle just can't wait to see him in the Saints Guernsey.

No.5 Freeman most important preseason if his career coming up. If he can get thru this one unscathed, his run outside would be handy.

The kids I love Gresham hope he just keeps on next season. Acres if he can improve like Ross did over the preseason like he's in a position to. Skys the limit. Billings is building. Mckenzie gaining confidence. The response from Lonie & Sinclair. Not to mention Rice and White.

Recruits Steele and Stevens bring it on. I can't wait to see how Richo looks to utilise them both. With the flow on of structural/positional changes for next year. Riewoldt wing, Wright forward, Gilbert midfield, Joey half back as an example of what's ahead.

Food For Thought: Weller crashing in and running off half back. A small forwards worst nightmare.

I think I've named half the team.

Can't wait.

For me.

Watching Gilbert , Montagna, Dempster , Armitage playing quite a few games in the VFL

This will indicate we have improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back