Who are you most excited to watch next season?

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I think that's something is about to explode and it is red black and white. By the time the media fully understand it's going to be too late to stop us. At the very least will end up in the same position we finished this year. But really the sky is the limit and I genuinely think if all goes well we will be contesting a grand final at the end of the year.

Very optimistic of me for sure but we have the talent we have the coaches we have the structure and we have the attitude the only thing that can stop us is ourselves.

I think that's something is about to explode and it is red black and white. By the time the media fully understand it's going to be too late to stop us. At the very least will end up in the same position we finished this year. But really the sky is the limit and I genuinely think if all goes well we will be contesting a grand final at the end of the year.

Very optimistic of me for sure but we have the talent we have the coaches we have the structure and we have the attitude the only thing that can stop us is ourselves.
I 100% agree. I haven't been this excited and optimistic about a season since 2010.

saintbill

Premiership Player
Apr 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Certainly a lot to look forward to. McCartin is the player I am most looking forward to watching, I think he will be our best player in 3 years. Vice like hands, great below his feet and an exceptionally smart footballer. Think we have a monster on our hands if he gets a run at it. It's a big ask, but a 50 goal season next year would not shock me.

After that I would go with Gresham, Carlisle & probably one from left field in McKenzie. Got a very good feeling about this kid. His attack on the ball is epic, his speed is epic, defends well and his foot skills are solid. Got all the tools, just needs to put on a few kg and find more of the pill. Would love to see him take the next step this year.

Palantine

All Australian
Mar 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Certainly a lot to look forward to. McCartin is the player I am most looking forward to watching, I think he will be our best player in 3 years. Vice like hands, great below his feet and an exceptionally smart footballer. Think we have a monster on our hands if he gets a run at it. It's a big ask, but a 50 goal season next year would not shock me.

After that I would go with Gresham, Carlisle & probably one from left field in McKenzie. Got a very good feeling about this kid. His attack on the ball is epic, his speed is epic, defends well and his foot skills are solid. Got all the tools, just needs to put on a few kg and find more of the pill. Would love to see him take the next step this year.

McKenzie is also terrific above his head.

I'll be watching Lonie, with bags of potential, bravery and bravado, and footy smarts, reckon he was getting body size and learning all aspects this year. Next year he'll be firing.

It's been mentioned but I can't wait to see Stevens and Weller go all Bash Bros in our forward half.

tumblr_l5z6duEJEW1qancymo1_400.jpg

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I'm most looking forward to seeing Paddy go from a promising young player to a young star of the competition. I also can't wait to see Billings shut the muppets up and explode. For us to do something really exciting in 2017, we need Paddy and JB along with Blacres to become bona fide stars.

I'll be great to finally see JC in action and how guys like Sinclair & Lonie bounce back from difficult 2nd years.

saint_

Club Legend
May 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not so much has being excited, but looking forward to Dylan Roberton being a weapon off half back with the inclusions of Carlisle and Brown. Should be able to become a interceptor and attacking rebounder.

Seeing as we are creating a bullpen down at the Saints, i want to see the human bowling ball fit and firing, bring on the J-Webb.

I am also excited about all of the guys we have, especially Paddy Wack, cant wait for the season proper..

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not so much has being excited, but looking forward to Dylan Roberton being a weapon off half back with the inclusions of Carlisle and Brown. Should be able to become a interceptor and attacking rebounder.

If he's in the side! A lot of options for half back. Joey and Savage first picked, Newnes, Gilbo, Webster, White, McKenzie, Stevens could also play there. Robbo has his work cut out to get on the field.

Seeing as we are creating a bullpen down at the Saints, i want to see the human bowling ball fit and firing, bring on the J-Webb.

I am also excited about all of the guys we have, especially Paddy Wack, cant wait for the season proper..

I really hope we try Webb on a wing. It just makes sense to utilise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses. He's become unaccountable in the backline so give him licence to run and spread.

I really hope we try Webb on a wing. It just makes sense to utilise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses. He's become unaccountable in the backline so give him licence to run and spread.

Richo said last pre season, he hoped to move Jimmy up the ground to the wing, we ran out of backman, so Jimmy had to stay put, i really want to see him let loose across the center of the ground.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Unless Freezer comes good, I reckon it's important that at least one of Webster, Savage, Robbo, D-Mac or White make a successful transition to playing on the wing going forward. I didn't manage to find a spot for Jimmy in my 22, so perhaps if he's in the VFL we just play him pretty much exclusively on the wing there, to learn the craft.

Just quietly, I believe Dylan Roberton is a massive sleeper on having a huge season with us next year.

He had a great season this year after his ankle injury hindered him in 2014 so I don't think that's going to surprise anybody.

Back