Who are you supporting this finals series?

Which team will you be barracking for?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Richmond

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Carlton

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Now that our season is sadly over it's time to turn our attention to finals. Who do you want to win this years premiership?

Apart from Fremantle & Sydney, I found it hard to want any other team to win. My reasoning is below.

Hawthorn- Supporters are unbearable, seem to only appear when they're winning.
Geelong- Don't want them to be able to compare 4 staggered flags to 3 in a row. Time to start losing (please).
Fremantle- The only team I don't have an issue with winning and I still remember the respect they showed towards Fitzroy on that sad final day in 1996.
Sydney- My second choice, but another premiership opens the window for 3 in a row.
Richmond- Annoyed that I can no longer brag to my Richmond mates that Fitzroy have been more successful in the last 30 years (3 finals series to 2). Hope they get belted back to mediocrity in the Semis.
Collingwood- Need I say anything? Eddie seems to think he has this weeks game won already.
Port Adelaide- It would be funny to see them beat Collingwood, but 2004 still haunts me.
Carlton- The team in the finals by default, I pray for a 100+ point thumping which leads to several retirements and mental scarring which will take another 10 years to recover from.

Who would you like to win this year? Non-lions fans need not vote.

S'pose I should go into the "don't care" batch, but I followed Geelong before there were the Bears, so I guess I'll just have to hope all goes well for Freo.

I Like Footy. One learns to be a decent footy neutral in Melbourne when your team only plays a handful of times a year down here....

Hence always hope for hard fought gutsy cliff hanger enjoyable games.

Except for anyone who is playing Collingwood or Essendon. Then I just barrack like hell for the opposition and hope they smash them....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of them except Geelong (don't have a problem with them, but don't want them to win again) and Collingwood (because...it's Collingwood). Maybe Hawthorn because if they lose again, especially if it's against Geelong, my Dad might lose his mind

I usually support 1 top 4 team and 1 bottom 4 (of the 8) team for the finals. Seems teams 5-8 rarely get anywhere, you need a top 4 team to go for, but it's also fun going for the underdogs. I'll be going the Hawks as usual, the Mrs 2nd team (we even have a Hawks flag) and the Tigers.

Would be Freo if Ross Lyon footy wasn't so awful to watch, so therefore Sydney. The SCG redevelopment came at a bad time for them and I'd like to see what crowds they would get once the redevelopment is complete along with being back-to-back premiers. Also their supporters are (mostly) a good bunch.

I agree with Spazzallo's points on the other six teams, but also want to add that Richmond do have some annoying arrogant flogs on the bay and that they were unbearable enough before this season started. Also Hawthorn supporters are a very bad bunch of sore losers, they going on about 2012 reminds me of Scum supporters over 2002/3.

It's also ironic that my four most hated teams are 5-8 on the ladder.

Anyway the teams I'd most-to-least want to see win:
Sydney

daylight

Fremantle

daylight

Geelong

daylight

Hawthorn

daylight

Richmond

daylight

Carlton
Port Adelaide
Rather be forced to a nudie swim on the Brisbane River

daylight

Rather have Tony Abbott elected as Prime Minister with the LNP having full control of the House of Reps and the Senate (okay, maybe not)
The scum

Back