Who are your team's most important 5 players currently?

Aug 20, 2013
1. Tom Stewart. Without him we would not be even in the top 4 right now. Nothing gets past the guy.
2. Mitch Duncan. His importance is under valued. He is the main link up player in the team and his foot skills are vital.
3. Patrick Dangerfield. Missed finals the year before he came then made 2 prelims. Had a lingering injury last year and we scraped into the 8. One of the best players in the comp even though his disposal at times can be average.
4. Mark Blicavs. Have become the best defence in the comp since he moved to fullback which explains it all really. Plays on the number 1 forward every week and also can be an rebounding attacking option with his foot skills.
5. Tim Kelly. Has been so instrumental this season so hard to leave him out. Stoppage work has become elite this season, and he just hurts teams going forward every time its in his hands. Shame if he goes.

Hawkins is easily our most important player. Easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winpowerjw

Draftee
May 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Charlie Dixon
Tom Rockliff
Travis Boak
Robbie Gray
Tom Clurey

I don't know if I agree with that whole list.

I think in order of importance:
1. Robbie Gray
2. Charlie Dixon
3. Travis Boak
4. Dan Huston
5. Tom Clurey

I just don't think Tom Rockliff adds too much to our team. Honorable mention would go to Connor Rozee. I think he is a very important player to the team now.

In order of importance, I'd think ours is:

1. Patty Dangerfield: the whole team relies on his grunt and brute strength around the ball, if he's missing or has an off match, then everything below falls apart

2. Mark Blicavs: when forwards get a hold of him down back (like Brown and Naughton have) it's hard for the rest of the team to stem the flow. Needs to keep opposition forwards at bay for us to win

3. Tom Hawkins: if he's not playing well or isn't moving well, then we've got no big forward to kick to (unless Sav is playing) which hurts us going forward

4. Jake Kolodjashnij: he does a great job of playing on the the oppositions third forward, he's a great mark and is vital to our defensive structures. Losing him early hurt us on Saturday

5. Zach Tuohy/Tom Stewart: because they take almost all of our kick-ins and control the play down back, forward passages can't start unless they're hitting targets

Gary Ablett, Tim Kelly and Gryan Miers/Gary Rohan would probably be next in line

Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1. Andrews
Pivotal in defence. Stops more scoring opportunities than anyone else in the league.
2. Neale
Just wins so much contested ball and gets things going.
3. Zorko
Number 1 pressure player in the comp. Also has a lot of hurt factor himself.
4.Cameron
Our prime goal scorer. Creates nightmares for opposition defence.
5. Mccluggage
Provides a lot of drive on the wing and consistently hits the scoreboard.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
1. Mcgovern
2. Shuey
3. Nic Nat
4. Yeo
5. Hurn

Yep no Kennedy. Yes he is a gun but we have so many goal scoring options we don't rely on just one player.

Two things win us games:

1) Not getting destroyed in the middle so we have a chance to get the ball into our efficient forward line. Nic Nat, Shuey and Yeo are the heart of that.

2) Intercept marking and launching counter attacks. Our back 6 is so strong when at full strength: Mcgovern, Barrass, Hurn, Sheppard, Jetta, Duggan.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1. Shiels
2. O'Meara
3. McEvoy
4. Smith
5. Worpel

When you only have 3 AFL standard on-ballers, they all make it into your top 5! Because we are weak there we rely on McEvoy to get it to advantage. We still rely on Smith to take the ball inside 50 in the manner that the coaches want.

Sirlemsip

Club Legend
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1. Shiels
2. O'Meara
3. McEvoy
4. Smith
5. Worpel

When you only have 3 AFL standard on-ballers, they all make it into your top 5! Because we are weak there we rely on McEvoy to get it to advantage. We still rely on Smith to take the ball inside 50 in the manner that the coaches want.

Any hawks list without Sicily and Impey is factually incorrect.
Sicily is the player stopping us from getting blown away on the scoreboard, and Impey is the best line-breaker we have.

1. Sicily
2. McEvoy
3. Impey
4. O'Maera
5. Hardwick

Obviously T.Mitchell slots straight into no.1 if fit

1. Cripps - Pretty obvious.
2. Docherty - Organises the back-line and makes the back 6 better.
3. Kreuzer - Aging, but our second best ruck isn't particularly good at all.
4. Walsh - Really shouldn't be in this group, but he links up so much and gets the ball rolling forward.
5. CCurnow - More because of the danger element than for what comes about at times.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1 Omeara (if we didn't have him, our midfield would be seriously seriously seriously weak)
2 Sicily (creates so much of our attack, as well as being a great defender)
3 Mcevoy (Leader, and as shown against collingwood can match it with and beat any ruckman in the comp on his day)
4 Frawley (Very solid defender, takes the #1 key forward and allows sicily/impey/hardwick to play with more freedom)
5 Impey (Starting to be someone who we can play wherever he is needed, back, mid or forward)

Back