Who at your club could be AA for the first time in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
The question is self-explanatory. But I'll add a little two-parter.

1. Who from your club is most likely/best equipped to be AA for the first time in 2021?

2. Who among your established players would you love to be AA for the first time in 2021, purely because of the benefit it would deliver to your side? Try to avoid anything too outlandish like last year's draftees.

For WC, I think Shuey is the one best equipped to be AA for the first time but midfield spots are tight. In light of that, I reckon Duggan is a chance if he can mix midfield and defence to reasonable effect. Maybe a spot in a BP or the bench.

In terms of who would deliver the biggest benefit to WC by having a first AA year, it's still probably Shuey but I'd throw Barrass in there. If he took a major step in 2021 to be in those calculations, the benefit to WC would be enormous.

Who from your team?

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Nick Vlastuin

Aliir Aliir

Hunter Clark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
1. Weitering will be the player from Carlton who pushes hard for AA selection. In the squad this year, immaculate preparation for this year and won the B and F.

2. Zac Williams might be the established player who bursts onto the scene with an expanded role on ball. Cripps has rebuilt his strength base with a focus on his inside ball work to extract for blokes like Williams to use their speed and ball use going forward. Williams might be the biggest beneficiary of Cripps return to the mean.

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daicos could, may be a tad premature though, Maynard maybe although he's more workman like and less likely to catch the eye, Miochek although he's seen as more a workhorse could take the next step, Mason Cox although obviously being the less likely he has shown elite traits, if he becomes consistent who knows he could get the second ruck gig.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
The question is self-explanatory. But I'll add a little two-parter.

1. Who from your club is most likely/best equipped to be AA for the first time in 2021?

2. Who among your established players would you love to be AA for the first time in 2021, purely because of the benefit it would deliver to your side? Try to avoid anything too outlandish like last year's draftees.

For WC, I think Shuey is the one best equipped to be AA for the first time but midfield spots are tight. In light of that, I reckon Duggan is a chance if he can mix midfield and defence to reasonable effect. Maybe a spot in a BP or the bench.

In terms of who would deliver the biggest benefit to WC by having a first AA year, it's still probably Shuey but I'd throw Barrass in there. If he took a major step in 2021 to be in those calculations, the benefit to WC would be enormous.

Who from your team?

On the money here SJ.

I’d also say a sudden charge into the AA picture, akin to Jeremy Cameron circa 2013, from Oscar Allen would be something pretty amazing for WCE.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Jy Simpkin. Has the tools, and still improving.

I think LDU is still at least a year away, unfortunately.

If Tarryn Thomas lived up to his potential, he'd also be an outside chance, but I doubt it.

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Potentials - Weitering, Walsh, McKay
Established - Jones

Weitering - Was close last year and was probably pipped by Moore for the last key defenders role. Is now entering his prime years as a footballer, body is now hardened by the right amount of pre-seasons. Along with Cripps getting back to his best, probably Carlton’s best chance.

Walsh - Has all the attributes, but in reality probably a couple of seasons away. If his improvement continues on a similar trajectory sits in the group of probable multi-All Australians of generation next.

McKay - Probably the furthest away on exposed current form, though is about to enter the KPF prime from an age / body perspective. Has the attributes, and will be given the opportunity to become a 50+ goal KPF, that puts you in the conversation.

Jones - Often maligned, but could see him have one stand-out year plying his trade at fullback. Playing in a maturing backline with support from AA caliber defenders in Weitering, Docherty & Saad could see one of the AFL enigmas attain an acknowledgement that most would see out of reach. Would be just reward for someone whom has worked their ass off to become a consistent AFL footballer.

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Jayden Short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back