Who at your club could be AA for the first time in 2021?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say Allir was a good guy to name for established players, we've all seen how good his best can be at CHB. Getting back to that level for the year would be huge for Port. Another you'd consider would be Wines.

Butters and Rozee would be in the mix as potentials for sure.

Assuming he comes back from injury ok, Rohan Marshall is a real chance as a genuinely threatening second ruck.

One or both of Billings and Gresham taking the step up to AA level would do wonders for our team.

Short - with a bnf and good grand final performance maybe people will take some notice now. Vlastuin as a second option.

Lynch - because if you main big bloke is all Australian youve normally done pretty well. And with the way we play in particular, if we have a key forward who's done well enough to be aa then we are flying.

Who I think will make that step for the first time? Most likely Connor Rozee, looks to have put the foot issue that's dogged him last year behind him and has all the talent in the world to take Robbie' s mantle as our classiest player.

Who would help us most if he got there? I'd say if Todd Marshall has a good enough year to make AA supporting Charlie Dixon we've probably had a pretty deccent season.

It’s a joke that Tarrant hasn’t made the team yet

cunners I get due to more complete mids being selected

Luke McDonald my pick for HBF

Bailey Smith, tough gig to crack an AA in the middle though.

Aaron Naughton if he can have an injury free year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2013 many Eagles fans (and others) thought Eric Mackenzie was better than Scott Thompson (and by some margin), yet Thompson was selected for the All Australian team.
So it seems like comeuppance that North fans are now decrying Tarrant has been unlucky to miss out (which there is merit in that argument).
It's probably how dismissive of Mackenzie that North fans were at the time that rankled me.

I'd say Allir was a good guy to name for established players, we've all seen how good his best can be at CHB. Getting back to that level for the year would be huge for Port. Another you'd consider would be Wines.

Butters and Rozee would be in the mix as potentials for sure.
I think the Aliir comment was more to do with his name being AA and playing for us for the first time in 2021

In 2013 many Eagles fans (and others) thought Eric Mackenzie was better than Scott Thompson (and by some margin), yet Thompson was selected for the All Australian team.
So it seems like comeuppance that North fans are now decrying Tarrant has been unlucky to miss out (which there is merit in that argument).
It's probably how dismissive of Mackenzie that North fans were at the time that rankled me.
I think Tarrant is unlucky to have always been the 3rd or 4th best big defender for a long period of time. Very good career but unfortunately always just slightly outshone every year. Very good stopper but doesn't have as much of the attacking ability of the absolute best.

Taberner. Most Coleman medalists get that FF spot.

Brawshaw, Cerra or Serong having a midfield breakout to AA would be a huge achievment. Perhaps Pearce or Hamling could make it when playing a full season at their best. But both are coming back from serious injuries...

Bailey Williams or Hayden Crozier if we can push into the top 4.

Smokey Karl Amon. His first half of last season elite. Has the class and ability to win a lot of footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back